FAO Pitch Invading twats

322 posts
P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: FAO Pitch Invading twats

by P!ssed Off » 17 Mar 2015 22:19

Visitor Just visiting here. I was at the game last night in the away end. Couple of absolute idiots in our end throwing bottles, etc and then the alleged racist language: both pathetic and rightly criticised by vast majority of our fans.

I do hope that Reading FC and their fans do identify and prosecute that prat who hurled the flare towards our fans. You could say it was something and nothing, but many of us there have very good reason to be very upset about it. I also hope you can identify the so-called fan who is caught on video appearing to pat out an imaginary burning scalp/hair. That I find totally offensive and has made me at one stage angry and at another very upset today. Thank God that prat has not had to suffer like so many have. I have also had it reported that lighters were lit and pointed at our end during those scenes at the end, although I did not see it myself.

I am not for one minute saying we don't have our fair share of prats, we saw last night, and not for the first time that we do. I also would like to say that fast majority of Reading fans I met were brilliant.

You don't need those kinds of 'fans' do you?

"fan who is caught on video appearing to pat out an imaginary burning scalp/hair" Link?

There's no evidence that lighters were lit and pointed at fans. If it had happened surely a Bradford fan might have take a picture?
Reports of Reading fans chanting about the fire turned out to be inaccurate, I'd imagine these reports are nonsense to.

Also, it was a smoke bomb thrown into your end. Not a flare. It was one of yours that got caught trying to smuggle a flare into the stadium.

Certainly a number of Reading fans were oxf*rd last night, but there's no need to exaggerate or spread most likely made-up rumours.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 17 Mar 2015 22:43

Hoop Blah
bradfordbantam Missiles definitely aimed at the ref, turns out we throw like girls as not one hit him :D

Not being picky but there were plenty of bottles and coins being thrown at the Reading fans long after the Ref had disappeared.

harry Security has to share some of the blame for allowing it/not preventing it.
A whole line of riot Police in front of the away end for no obvious reason.
But only a handful of stewards in front of the entire East Stand to prevent a ton of people who were obviously intent on invading from about 3 mins to go.

The whole point of the Police was to contain the situation and not let the two sets of fans get to each other. It's a lot easier to do that with a line of Police across the short side of the ground with the away fans in than fight the losing battle of stopping Reading fans coming on from the other 2 or 3 sides of the ground.

Was it genuinely a situation that needed containing though? I must have been paying too much attention to the game as to me it didn't look like Bradford fans were looking to pile onto the hallowed surface. Clearly chief plod saw otherwise.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Mar 2015 22:50

It was clear they knew a pitch invasion was going to happen, that's why the message on the screen popped up asking as to stay in our seats and the announcer telling us the same thing. As previously mentioned, the barrier at the Bradford fans was to keep the fans segregated, since there was no way they could surround the entire ground, they had to just make a barrier to the away fans. I wouldn't have been surprised if some of our wannabe Ultras would have tried something and probably got their heads kicked in.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 17 Mar 2015 23:39

Kurtz Running onto the pitch to celebrate with your own players or run across to the tunnel or in front of the directors box? Understandable that some want to do this (even though beating a League One team doesn’t really warrant it - save it for promotions & silverware).

Running onto the pitch then standing like plonkers waving your arms at the Bradford fans who had made a great show of support for their team? An inspired achievement. Well done. #TheMagicoftheFAcup :roll:

Exactly this

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 18 Mar 2015 17:29

bcubed
Kurtz Running onto the pitch to celebrate with your own players or run across to the tunnel or in front of the directors box? Understandable that some want to do this (even though beating a League One team doesn’t really warrant it - save it for promotions & silverware).

Running onto the pitch then standing like plonkers waving your arms at the Bradford fans who had made a great show of support for their team? An inspired achievement. Well done. #TheMagicoftheFAcup :roll:

Exactly this

+1, I went on, had my 2 minutes of fun down by the tunnel, realised everyone would rather see the players out, and jumped straight back over to watch them, no point looking like a tosser gesturing away at the Bradford fans and wrecking others fun.

philM

by philM » 18 Mar 2015 17:47

The trouble with any pitch invasion (unless it's an end-of-season or cup win) is there will ALWAYS be a few twats who will goad the oppo fans, or lob something at them or give oppo players grief etc.

Even if it's only 1% that do any of that then it's still what the media will talk about, and what the match risks being remembered for. Plus the club can end up being fined/punished for it.

Without the 99% of "well behaved" pitch invaders ignoring the club's request to not go on the pitch the 1% would not have had their opportunity to potentially sour the memory of a great night. If the goaded Bradford fans had attempted to get through the line of riot police it could have all ended very messily.

For that reason I'm in the "all the pitch invaders were twats" camp.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Mar 2015 18:57

I had no problem with people going on the pitch per se, was always going to happen.

Those giving it the big'un to Bradford supporters behind a line of police and stewards summed up the moronic tendencies of the youthful element of our support, especially on big occasions. Earlier chants of "you're getting f*cked on the telly" to fans of a club whose results in the competition had easily eclipsed ours prior to the replay were utterly classless too. As were all the brave w@nker signs behind yet more stewards to the Bradford buses after the game. Throwing a flare into the away end was beyond contempt.

Noted the school-masterly tone to Clive Doyle's voice as he informed those who stayed behind of the decision not to let the players back out to take some deserved applause. If anything ever summed up the Madejski Stadium 'experience' it was the tone of that statement.
Last edited by floyd__streete on 18 Mar 2015 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 18 Mar 2015 19:11

WoodleyRoyal
Woodcote Royal
MmmMonsterMunch BUMP

WELL DONE AGAIN YOU UTTER CNUTS :twisted:

+1

But, given all the twats who post their utter shite on here, I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

We will probably lose a decent chunk of the much needed prize money for this fantastic cup run thanks to these stupid pr*cks, who, as ever, will be at the front of the queue complaining this summer when we don't spend a fortune signing Ronaldo's half brother.

I'm guessing these are the same morons who spend all week trying, and failing abysmally, to come up with something original to sing then resort to the same cringe worthy bollocks about Swindon fans :|

The siren was irritating but you lot and those trying to justify your actions are the embarrassment the club needs to dispose of ASAP :evil:

Have you ever thought about ending it all woodcote :?:

As long as I have pr*cks like you to run rings around, there's so much to live for.

HTH

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 20 Mar 2015 03:48

Is that really needed woodley royal?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 20 Mar 2015 10:11

tbh anything said to woodcote is fair game

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 20 Mar 2015 14:33

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 20 Mar 2015 14:59

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 20 Mar 2015 15:02

Help me out here - is that Ant or Dec?

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 20 Mar 2015 15:06

Those pictures show it was just kids on the pitch. Embarrassing. :lol: :lol:

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 20 Mar 2015 15:20

Geekins Those pictures show it was just kids on the pitch. Embarrassing. :lol: :lol:

That's what they said about the Reading Youth Firm.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Mar 2015 15:25

That second guy can't be older than 16.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Mar 2015 15:27

I thought this guy threw it anyway.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 20 Mar 2015 15:30

Pepe the Horseman That second guy can't be older than 16.

:arrow: nonce thread

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 20 Mar 2015 15:30

[plus hat trick blocker, obvs]

Martin41

by Martin41 » 20 Mar 2015 15:38

Geekins Those pictures show it was just kids on the pitch. Embarrassing. :lol: :lol:

Does that mean if it's just kids it's ok?

322 posts