Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Buyout

by CholseyRoyal » 03 Jun 2014 13:04

Norfolk Royal Not sure why they would veto a deal which would see them getting their money back and that is what is on the table as I understand it.

I agree I can't see why they would veto a deal that suited them but do you know that is what is on the table? There is so much rumour and uncertainty around how can we trust what anyone says other than a board member.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 03 Jun 2014 13:12

Wycombe Royal
Maguire
CholseyRoyal Does anyone know for a fact who owns what percentage of the club's shares now?

Is it still Anton/TSI with 51% and SJM just under 49% or did Anton/TSI actually sell the 51% back to SJM for £1?

The former.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has handed back his 51% as it is only worth 51p. So aprt from 51p the only thing he is giving up are his voting rights which from what we have heard he doesn't want anyway.

The main thing he will want is the loans being repaid and handing back his shares doesn't affect that and any deal for the sale of the club will see those debts cleared.

You're technically correct and the share ownership is something of a red herring anyway given it's the debt that carries value and not the shares.

That said, they have not (as yet anyway) transferred ownership of their 51% of the shares.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Jun 2014 13:26

CholseyRoyal
Norfolk Royal Not sure why they would veto a deal which would see them getting their money back and that is what is on the table as I understand it.

I agree I can't see why they would veto a deal that suited them but do you know that is what is on the table? There is so much rumour and uncertainty around how can we trust what anyone says other than a board member.

Certainly I've seen it said many times that part of the deal is clearing the debt. Presumably that means the loans from Anton/TSI and SJM.

Figures of 21m and 38m have been mentioned so take your pick on that.

Lovely hot donuts!
Location: Lower Earley and/or Birmingham. Feckless student. Twitter: @RussellLParker

by Lovely hot donuts! » 03 Jun 2014 14:46

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/global/company-details.aspx

All this questioning of who owns what share but am I naive in thinking that the club would keep this information up to date?
As I recall (quite possibly wrongly), a few days ago, this page listed Reading FC's actual board members which were three of Anton's men and three of Sir John's. Now, however, they do not list who is actually on the club's board. Incidentally, I don't remember Samuelson Jr.'s name being on there before.
So, my point is, looks like this information has been updated and yet still tells us TSI own 51% so I guess that's still the case. Problem is that premise relies on me trying to remember what I read the other day... :?

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 03 Jun 2014 14:47

Norfolk Royal
CholseyRoyal

Certainly I've seen it said many times that part of the deal is clearing the debt. Presumably that means the loans from Anton/TSI and SJM.

Figures of 21m and 38m have been mentioned so take your pick on that.

Yes but said by whom re clearing the debt. I agree it would seem the least any of the board, Anton et al would want. As for the amount of debt you can bet it is higher than £38M by now.

Marc89

by Marc89 » 03 Jun 2014 15:05

Lovely hot donuts! http://www.readingfc.co.uk/global/company-details.aspx

All this questioning of who owns what share but am I naive in thinking that the club would keep this information up to date?
As I recall (quite possibly wrongly), a few days ago, this page listed Reading FC's actual board members which were three of Anton's men and three of Sir John's. Now, however, they do not list who is actually on the club's board. Incidentally, I don't remember Samuelson Jr.'s name being on there before.
So, my point is, looks like this information has been updated and yet still tells us TSI own 51% so I guess that's still the case. Problem is that premise relies on me trying to remember what I read the other day... :?

http://web.archive.org/web/201403301846 ... tails.aspx - heres a version of that page from 30th March which reads the same so it dont look like its been updated recently

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 03 Jun 2014 15:06

Reading the Company details together with SJM's comments is even more confusing. Company-details states and this is prior to TSI leaving the board:-

Reading Football Club is 51% owned by Thames Sports Investment Ltd, and 49% owned by Reading Football Club Holdings Ltd.

Thames Sports Investment Ltd has four directors: Anton Zingarevich, Christopher Samuelson, Andrew Obolensky and John Samuelson. Anton Zingarevich owns 100% of the shares in Thames Sports Investment Ltd.

Reading Football Club Holdings Ltd has two directors: Sir John Madejski and Ian Wood-Smith. Sir John Madejski owns 98.5% of shares in Reading Football Club Holdings Ltd.

End quote.

So how many board members were on Reading Football Club board? I assume all the TSI members plus RFC Holdings board members. So if TSI members have pulled out as stated by SJM there are just two members left or did RFC board have other members not on the RFC Holdings board, It's not clear from the above statement.

I asked before, but didn't get an answer, what constitutes a quorum for the RFC board or doesn't it require one?

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 03 Jun 2014 15:25

CholseyRoyal

Reading the Company details together with SJM's comments is even more confusing. Company-details states and this is prior to TSI leaving the board:-

Reading Football Club is 51% owned by Thames Sports Investment Ltd, and 49% owned by Reading Football Club Holdings Ltd.

Thames Sports Investment Ltd has four directors: Anton Zingarevich, Christopher Samuelson, Andrew Obolensky and John Samuelson. Anton Zingarevich owns 100% of the shares in Thames Sports Investment Ltd.

Reading Football Club Holdings Ltd has two directors: Sir John Madejski and Ian Wood-Smith. Sir John Madejski owns 98.5% of shares in Reading Football Club Holdings Ltd.

End quote.

So how many board members were on Reading Football Club board? I assume all the TSI members plus RFC Holdings board members. So if TSI members have pulled out as stated by SJM there are just two members left or did RFC board have other members not on the RFC Holdings board, It's not clear from the above statement.

I asked before, but didn't get an answer, what constitutes a quorum for the RFC board or doesn't it require one?

That's really old info. Madejski has added his daughters as directors since then, at very least.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 03 Jun 2014 15:30

As I stated last week, Reading Football Club (Holdings ) Limited has 5 directors: the two mentioned by CholsleyRoyal above, plus Ian Smith, Camilla Morris and Helen Morris, each of whom was appointed on 19 May 2014. The rest of what Cholsey states is, according to the report I have, correct (or was as of yesterday!).

None of which answers the question, of course...

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 03 Jun 2014 15:35

East Grinstead Royal As I stated last week, Reading Football Club (Holdings ) Limited has 5 directors: the two mentioned by CholsleyRoyal above, plus Ian Smith, Camilla Morris and Helen Morris, each of whom was appointed on 19 May 2014. The rest of what Cholsey states is, according to the report I have, correct (or was as of yesterday!).

None of which answers the question, of course...

Surely Ian Smith is Ian Wood-Smith, can't count him twice.

Lovely hot donuts!
Location: Lower Earley and/or Birmingham. Feckless student. Twitter: @RussellLParker

by Lovely hot donuts! » 03 Jun 2014 15:40

It seems odd to me that a business would put company details on their website (there's no legal obligation is there?) and yet not bother to ensure it was kept up to date. I understand not including certain information but leaving up out of date information seems like such an odd thing to do.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 03 Jun 2014 15:42

Lovely hot donuts! It seems odd to me that a business would put company details on their website (there's no legal obligation is there?) and yet not bother to ensure it was kept up to date. I understand not including certain information but leaving up out of date information seems like such an odd thing to do.

Those webmasters must be paid by the update! They must be hanging on in there to change everything as a job lot once this gallimaufry is all done and dusted!!

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 03 Jun 2014 20:06

maffff It's like AZ. Genuinely decent guy with real intentions.

Sadly things don't always work out.

Not that anyone on here wants to hear that.

Yeah, decent guy and all that who completely neglected his responsibility to the company he owned and f**ked off the moment he realised the money was going to run out. Didn't want to face the music, let others pick up his sh*t. Real intentions indeed.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 03 Jun 2014 20:49

handbags_harris

Yeah, decent guy and all that who completely neglected his responsibility to the company he owned and f**ked off the moment he realised the money was going to run out. Didn't want to face the music, let others pick up his sh*t. Real intentions indeed.

He relied on his fathers backing, and his father pulled him out. Boris should never have allowed the takeover to happen in the first place.

JF now claims Burman isn't in the UK until Thursday, and talks may not happen until next week.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 03 Jun 2014 20:57

SPARTA
handbags_harris

He relied on his fathers backing, and his father pulled him out. Boris should never have allowed the takeover to happen in the first place.

JF now claims Burman isn't in the UK until Thursday, and talks may not happen until next week.

All the more reason for the deal to never be ratified in the first place by the FL/PL. Forget what Boris and Anton did, the fact that it took six months to be given the green light should have struck alarm bells pretty damn hard with everybody who has an association with this club.

Personally speaking, I've never given much of what Johnny Fordham says a lot of credence. Sources schmources, load of b*llocks with him. He was the club's media puppet. Not sure why but I get the feeling Charles Watts is a different kettle of fish. A shame Watts wasn't local media reporter when the deal was first announced.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 03 Jun 2014 21:08

:| yeah, but he was given the green light. As everybody's already said, you can't foresee the backer pulling funds 18 months later...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Jun 2014 21:13

SPARTA
handbags_harris

He relied on his fathers backing, and his father pulled him out.

How do you know that was the case?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 03 Jun 2014 21:19

Close personal friend of his are you?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Jun 2014 21:41

SPARTA JF now claims Burman isn't in the UK until Thursday, and talks may not happen until next week.

So presumably Burman and Sir John are currently settling down for a nice meal in the hotel?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 03 Jun 2014 21:42

Royal Rother
SPARTA He relied on his fathers backing, and his father pulled him out.

How do you know that was the case?

It's very reliable. Someone I believe RL knows or certainly knows of, from discussing other bits with her offline in the past. Doesn't really get any more reliable than them. Many wont hear any defence of AZ, so no point pushing the defence.

8684 posts