Tommio

Re: Buyout

by Tommio » 03 Jul 2014 20:38

We're there

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 03 Jul 2014 20:47

It's perfectly possible for 10539.4's information to be both correct and totally irrelevant. All I the information I can find on the Thai bid says it's for 90% of Reading FC, no mention of the hotel, so SJM's occupancy would be of no concern to them. If the £15m difference between the Phoenix and Thai bids is the hotel, that money would have gone to SJM not the club.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 03 Jul 2014 21:06

Rumour tonight is we could hear something any time now, next week latest. I'll just be glad it's over. Talk about drawn own. Nigel deserves a chance to build a team here.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 03 Jul 2014 21:32

multisync1830
philM Why is he so keen to keep the penthouse that to him it's a deal breaker? He won't be running RFC so why would he want to hang around the bleak stadium, the scruffy car parks and someone else's concrete box of a hotel, when he has a bloody great mansion with enormous landscaped grounds just down the road?

Is the Jazz Cafe really that good at night?

His big -empty- house was pretty much a folly to his ego. At the hotel he has his personal staff close by and has the opportunity to sit among other people at the bar and chat/ignore as he sees fit. It's also a bit 'cool' to be so near a stadium. A big house is a bit meh

Spot on Multisync. SJM is a pretty lonely figure these days.
At the Penthouse he has security, staff on hand to attend to him and he can get hammered in his own bar!!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Jul 2014 21:34

Pseud O'Nym It's perfectly possible for 10539.4's information to be both correct and totally irrelevant. All I the information I can find on the Thai bid says it's for 90% of Reading FC, no mention of the hotel, so SJM's occupancy would be of no concern to them. If the £15m difference between the Phoenix and Thai bids is the hotel, that money would have gone to SJM not the club.

The difference is that totally different things are being discussed.

The Thai bid is IIRC 25 million to buy the club and pay off debt. That is all you would expect for a sale. Once they own the club then they would invest in the academy and make money available for transfers.

The US bid appears to roll all that up into one and come up with a very misleading figure. I'd say £40 million is about what the Thai bid is worth as well if you make a guess on what might be spent in year one. The US figure is probably deliberately misleading PR spin.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 03 Jul 2014 21:36

^ What Nameless said.

You'd have to put at least 15 million in up front if a 10 million transfer budget and Training ground move is to be paid for in short order.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 03 Jul 2014 21:49

SPARTA ...something any time now, next week latest...

Hasn't that been the case for the last several weeks ?

RoyalCrook

by RoyalCrook » 03 Jul 2014 22:01

Wow, Samrit has accepted my friend request on facebook (my profile picture is the Reading badge) so I'm going to PM him and ask how soon til this takeover is completed. Looks as if he's also bragging about some new signing for Police Utd, I have commented that I hope some new players will be brought in to us once he has full control! Will keep you posted on his replys.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jul 2014 22:01

SPARTA Rumour tonight is we could hear something any time now, next week latest. I'll just be glad it's over. Talk about drawn own. Nigel deserves a chance to build a team here.

:lol:

Well we know a lot more than we did before you posted now.

JIM

by JIM » 03 Jul 2014 22:30

we know nothing and we know we know nothing so we have spent 300 pages on nothing. But by 307 we will know ewerything. Just ask Dave.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 03 Jul 2014 22:36

RoyalCrook Wow, Samrit has accepted my friend request on facebook (my profile picture is the Reading badge) so I'm going to PM him and ask how soon til this takeover is completed. Looks as if he's also bragging about some new signing for Police Utd, I have commented that I hope some new players will be brought in to us once he has full control! Will keep you posted on his replys.

Hello crossie :D

Let's see if he accepts mine ;)
Last edited by ZacNaloen on 03 Jul 2014 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalCrook

by RoyalCrook » 03 Jul 2014 22:37

Samrit not back in Reading til next Friday! He said "Actually I just want to be a partner, help this club become the best I can" and also "I will do my best for all of you, as much as I can I promise." I like this fella!! Does this mean I'm ITK??

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 03 Jul 2014 22:39

JIM we know nothing and we know we know nothing so we have spent 300 pages on nothing. But by 307 we will know ewerything. Just ask Dave.

And will the Ewerything be liken unto a ewe or a ewer? We need to be clear on this that we may know it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Jul 2014 22:39

RoyalCrook Samrit not back in Reading til next Friday! He said "Actually I just want to be a partner, help this club become the best I can" and also "I will do my best for all of you, as much as I can I promise." I like this fella!! Does this mean I'm ITK??

He wants to be a partner. G A Y.

RoyalCrook

by RoyalCrook » 03 Jul 2014 22:41

Pepe the Horseman
RoyalCrook Samrit not back in Reading til next Friday! He said "Actually I just want to be a partner, help this club become the best I can" and also "I will do my best for all of you, as much as I can I promise." I like this fella!! Does this mean I'm ITK??

Not G A Y if his other partners are properly minted!

RoyalCrook

by RoyalCrook » 03 Jul 2014 22:45

ZacNaloen
RoyalCrook Wow, Samrit has accepted my friend request on facebook (my profile picture is the Reading badge) so I'm going to PM him and ask how soon til this takeover is completed. Looks as if he's also bragging about some new signing for Police Utd, I have commented that I hope some new players will be brought in to us once he has full control! Will keep you posted on his replys.

Hello crossie :D

Let's see if he accepts mine ;)

It took a few weeks and numerous requests for him to accept. In the end he came round to the idea of having an English stalker!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Jul 2014 22:47

RoyalCrook
Pepe the Horseman

Not G A Y if his other partners are properly minted!

I think it's still gay. Just a bit more justifiable if you're only with them for their money.

8684 posts