Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
JIM

Re: Buyout

by JIM » 17 Jul 2014 19:40

He wants to make a lot of money, Its all in the premier, so where should READING be to make money. LOGIC

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 17 Jul 2014 19:42

tidus_mi2
Royal Lady
JakeTheRoyal No one has took the opportunity to do this yet so ...

OXFORD YOU SAMUELSON

You don't type OXFORD you plank - just type a swear word like oxf*rd and it does it for you. :wink:

Sw*ndon your conformity, I'm censoring myself from now on in my own Sw*ndon creative way.

Sw*ndon off you Sw*ndon Sw*ndon

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 17 Jul 2014 19:42

JIM He wants to make a lot of money, Its all in the premier, so where should READING be to make money. LOGIC

I thought he had given us three years.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Jul 2014 19:44

JIM He wants to make a lot of money, Its all in the premier, so where should READING be to make money. LOGIC

LOL at the idea of making money in football especially at a club like Reading.All the £ goes on player wages & that's that really. No businessman goes into football to make money.

Unless you're like Oyston at Blackpool who gets them into the Prem by fluke & then asset strips.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 17 Jul 2014 19:49

P!ssed Off It's been hours and still Samrit has not accepted my friend request.
Is he getting cold feet you have to wonder...

Nor mine

FridaysGhost

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by FridaysGhost » 17 Jul 2014 19:49

Sir J Maj was a one-hit-wonder on the business front and used that money to become a football magnate. This should have made him use ALL of his resources to turn RFC into a brilliant Premiership club. It did not. He tried to rebuild his business empire ( did'nt work) and hope that Reading would somehow flourish without guidance.

As everything went pear-shaped he tried to sell the club and was conned by Anton, the Russian con-artiste! Left with a losing hand, our so-called Saviour allowed the Cl;ub to get into debt to a Wonga-like organisation.

Am I wrong in thinking that, throughout all of this time, we were told that JM was in charge and, EVEN STUPIDER, that the Reading way of not being in debt was uppermost!

I have grave doubts about the takeover but, it cannot be worse than the above!

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 17 Jul 2014 20:45

FridaysGhost Sir J Maj was a one-hit-wonder on the business front and used that money to become a football magnate. This should have made him use ALL of his resources to turn RFC into a brilliant Premiership club. It did not. He tried to rebuild his business empire ( did'nt work) and hope that Reading would somehow flourish without guidance.

As everything went pear-shaped he tried to sell the club and was conned by Anton, the Russian con-artiste! Left with a losing hand, our so-called Saviour allowed the Cl;ub to get into debt to a Wonga-like organisation.

Am I wrong in thinking that, throughout all of this time, we were told that JM was in charge and, EVEN STUPIDER, that the Reading way of not being in debt was uppermost!

Let's hope that, when you become a multi-millionaire, you will avoid his mistakes and buy out the club. It will be a pleasure to know that the owner knows everything about business.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 17 Jul 2014 20:55

Extended-Phenotype Just because you aren't the majority share holder doesn't mean you are powerless.

It pretty much does, except in case of wrongdoing by the majority shareholder. It's largely dependent upon what was agreed when the shares were transferred, but JM wasn't really in a position to put off a buyer by insisting on too much. In any event the courts would be the only way to enforce any such rights.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jul 2014 21:19

Ian Royal
Extended-Phenotype

JM was chairman during the Anton era

HTH

But wasn't the one calling the shots.

Maybe not, but he had the ability and probably even a duty to resign as Chairman if he strongly disagreed with the shots that were being called. His public silence and continued tenure could be taken as tacit approval.

phil in cornwall
FridaysGhost Sir J Maj was a one-hit-wonder on the business front and used that money to become a football magnate. This should have made him use ALL of his resources to turn RFC into a brilliant Premiership club. It did not. He tried to rebuild his business empire ( did'nt work) and hope that Reading would somehow flourish without guidance.

Let's hope that, when you become a multi-millionaire, you will avoid his mistakes and buy out the club. It will be a pleasure to know that the owner knows everything about business.

Great a point well made by sarcasm - not!

It is just effing plain stupid to suggest/imply that, just because people aren't millionaires, they can't be extremely good business people. I am confident that there are many business people who have superior business skills to the great Madejski but perhaps have opted for a different (probably better and more rewarding) work/life balance.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 17 Jul 2014 21:23, edited 1 time in total.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Jul 2014 21:21

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal
Extended-Phenotype

JM was chairman during the Anton era

HTH

But wasn't the one calling the shots.

Maybe not, but he had the ability and probably even a duty to resign as Chairman if he strongly disagreed with the shots that were being called. His public silence and continued tenure could be taken as tacit approval.

He had no such "duty".

Except in your strange world.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 17 Jul 2014 21:24

windermere_royal
P!ssed Off It's been hours and still Samrit has not accepted my friend request.
Is he getting cold feet you have to wonder...

Nor mine

It took him until the next day to accept mine. I reckon he might be a tad busy tonight! :lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jul 2014 21:27

He requested me 8)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jul 2014 21:28

Wycombe Royal
RoyalBlue
Ian Royal But wasn't the one calling the shots.

He had no such "duty".

Suggest you check what the duties of a chairman and other directors are then. And if you still don't accept that he had a business duty, he certainly had a duty based on his so often espoused principles of sound business and financial management. To just sit back and let the club get to the point where they had to sell a decent player on the cheap, in order to meet a debt to HMRC is, in my mind (strange as you might think) just downright hypocritical. Still you lot just keep trying to convince yourselves that Madejski can do no wrong, despite the increasing amount of evidence that suggests otherwise.

JIM

by JIM » 17 Jul 2014 21:34

Hi pepe the horseman.What do you think of all this drivel on these pages.roll on the time we can get back to normal rubbish eh? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jul 2014 21:36

Hi JIM. I'm glad it's finally done, that's for sure. Now we can concentrate on talking about players we're never going to sign.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Jul 2014 21:37

RoyalBlue
Wycombe Royal
RoyalBlue

He had no such "duty".

Suggest you check what the duties of a chairman and other directors are then. And if you still don't accept that he had a business duty, he certainly had a duty based on his so often espoused principles of sound business and financial management. To just sit back and let the club get to the point where they had to sell a decent player on the cheap, in order to meet a debt to HMRC is, in my mind (strange as you might think) just downright hypocritical. Still you lot just keep trying to convince yourselves that Madejski can do no wrong, despite the increasing amount of evidence that suggests otherwise.

Better to walk away and leave the asylum to the lunatics then.

So yes, if compounding the clusterfuck further was the way forward then resigning as chairman is absolutely what he should have done.

JIM

by JIM » 17 Jul 2014 21:42

Hi pepe. hows the house and family,? Still mystified how LEYTON O can sign new players 2 weeks after being sold to a new owner.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 17 Jul 2014 21:43

Jim, what are your views on the golden gamble?

JIM

by JIM » 17 Jul 2014 22:02

I dont gamble. only on certs

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Jul 2014 22:04

Golden shower more like

8684 posts