Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Elm Park

Re: Buyout

by Elm Park » 08 Oct 2013 13:29

TBM Team photos have been released and Anton is not on there, but Mr Mad is

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 03162.aspx

Maybe Anton couldn't afford the cost of the plane ticket.
Last edited by Elm Park on 08 Oct 2013 13:37, edited 1 time in total.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 08 Oct 2013 13:31

[quote="TBM"]Team photos have been released and Anton is not on there, but Mr Mad is

Given that he is not in the country why would that be surprising or do you just like adding to the conspiracy theory?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Oct 2013 13:56

CholseyRoyal
Biscuit mane We need the media ( radio Berkshire ) to start asking the questions ,cum on Tim !!!!

According to Tim on the last couple of Saturdays, he and/or Radio Berks have put in several requests to talk to Anton and the Club but so far have they have been rejected.

Well sod messing around with requests then and just doorstep them! That's what real journalists do.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 08 Oct 2013 14:00

ZacNaloen
CholseyRoyal
Biscuit mane We need the media ( radio Berkshire ) to start asking the questions ,cum on Tim !!!!

According to Tim on the last couple of Saturdays, he and/or Radio Berks have put in several requests to talk to Anton and the Club but so far have they have been rejected.

Because he's not in the UK.

You see there's this thing that enables parties to talk to each other when they're far apart. It's called a telephone and comes in all sorts of varieties, some even with cameras.....

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Oct 2013 14:04

Extended-Phenotype
Ouroboros
Extended-Phenotype You believe footballers wages are paid in lump sum?

I believe that signing-on fees for free agents can be as much as 50% of the contract cost to the club.

I think that this is significant in a discussion about up-front outlay for players signing as free agents.

Ok, that's far more than I ever imagined. So, do you think the club could not have made these signings using their own finances/parachute payments/promotion money/loans, without Anton?

Genuine question. Not complaining about not spending enough money, Brendo. Just looking to be convinced that free transfers demonstrate Anton has actually invested big into RFC, pooh-poohing the notion that he has actually little money and possibly will not be buying the remaining share of the club as promised.

I never said he had, he never said he would, in fact said the opposite.and I have
no idea what his current cash flow sitch is.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Oct 2013 14:13

Elm Park
Victor Meldrew I agree with Mr A on the PR aspect.
We fans may not have a right to know but collectively we are significant investors in the company-a company that we had been told would be sold in full by 30th September.
What surprises me is that there is not much money involved-not much money when you take into account 4 years of guaranteed earnings (unless you think that the Premier League will go bust) of £12.5 million, i.e a total of £50 million so why the delay to complete.
On top of that we receive somewhere in the region of £40 million by virtue of being in the Premier League last season.

I don't need anybody to tell me about wages and the costs of running a business especially as major guesses are involved on here but my main point is that if there is such a big problem in money being raised to pay the balance of a purchase price known to the purchaser nearly 2 years ago then it strikes me that purchaser is not somebody with deep pockets who can invest and take this business forward.

As mentioned earlier there could be problems of where that money should be paid as the seller may have, for whatever reasons, made that part difficult for the purchaser.
Whatever these financial problems are and regardless of which side is dragging their feet it would be good from a PR perspective if something emanated from the club-it's not as if there is tendering going on and competition to buy as the seller and purchaser are both known elements of the deal.
JM himself is not averse to trumpeting any news that he considers in his best interests and his silence is currently deafening.

I don't disagree that it looks like bad PR from a fans point of view but you can't have your cake and eat it. You either respond to all rumours or none. If you just respond to those that are false, then by definition those rumours that you don't respond to will be seen to be true and creates it's own problems.

As for problems raising the money, who (in the know) has said there's a problem. There may or may not be a problem, but we don't know that there is, it could just as easilly be something else. Maybe they are having to agree the split of the Premier League money as we were promoted (and then relegated) earlier than expected, maybe there Reading Council want more money spent if we were to expand the stadium and so AZ wants a discount.

There are rumours and there are rumours.
Say "I have heard that the club is finally going to employ efficient bar staff" or "I hear the club has made a counter offer for Bale" IMHO require no comment from the club.
"Is it true that Anton's company has welshed on the deal to buy the club?" IMHO should warrant a comment from the club.

If ,nearly 2 years on, matters like those that you have suggested were not covered some time ago (e.g. either promotion or relegation and how that affects the price) then I would feel that these are not very good negotiators.
On that matter Anton has been portrayed as the bad boy in all of this but I wonder if is not our knight of the realm who has tried to scupper any deal.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 08 Oct 2013 14:18

After our 10 point deduction, we will be down in 20th place, just 1 point ahead of Bolton.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Oct 2013 14:34

TBM Team photos have been released and Anton is not on there, but Mr Mad is

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 03162.aspx

:lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Oct 2013 14:37

Victor Meldrew On that matter Anton has been portrayed as the bad boy in all of this but I wonder if is not our knight of the realm who has tried to scupper any deal.

You come out with stuff like this, and then you wonder why I'm rude to you. Dear oh dear. :roll:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Oct 2013 15:36

Ian Royal
Victor Meldrew On that matter Anton has been portrayed as the bad boy in all of this but I wonder if is not our knight of the realm who has tried to scupper any deal.

You come out with stuff like this, and then you wonder why I'm rude to you. Dear oh dear. :roll:

Just putting a different scenario so why on earth would you want to be rude about it?
There are two parties to the deal and with Anton being pilloried maybe, just maybe it is our own that is holding things up.
Let's not forget this is the man who found it so difficult to fork out £20,000 to skint York City over the Murty deal.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 08 Oct 2013 15:39

I appreciate that no business can divulge everything that goes on, but I think it's a little disingenuous of some posters to try and justify the Clubs lack of explanation as to why a date for completion of the deal to finalise the purchase of the club (a date the club were more than happy to make public at the time incidentally) with the club not needing to respond to all the rumours surrounding why the date was missed.

The 2 things are very, very different.

Also, a newspaper report quoting un-named sources within the club that everyone is "comfortable" with the missed deadline is NOT an official statement, and if the club feels that is enough at this time then the really are deluding themselves.

The longer this situation continues (either the lack of finalising the deal, or a lack of an explanation as to why the deal has not been finalised) then the more worried I will personally become as to what the eventual outcome will be.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Oct 2013 16:00

"Is it true that Anton's company has welshed on the deal to buy the club?" IMHO should warrant a comment from the club

which you got. saying it has been delayed, put back, and everyone is comfortable with it.

that you are still not happy with it/ignoring it is just another good reason why businesses probably shouldnt respond to every internet rumour that comes out

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Oct 2013 16:04

melonhead
"Is it true that Anton's company has welshed on the deal to buy the club?" IMHO should warrant a comment from the club

which you got. saying it has been delayed, put back, and everyone is comfortable with it.

that you are still not happy with it/ignoring it is just another good reason why businesses probably shouldnt respond to every internet rumour that comes out

What was the official comment, in full, out of interest?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Oct 2013 16:27

The official statement from the club was:-
"Don't worry about a thing you plebs-we will happily take your money every season (preferably up front because of cash flow but never mind your own cash flow) as long as you don't ever ask any questions about what is going on at the club especially concerning ownership nor indeed how a player is doing with his injury problem.
We are comfortable over the situation with Anton who is a fit and proper person (we think) and one day he will give us the rest of the money he owes us.

You nobodies just do not understand how business works-yes I'm sure some of you run your own businesses but football is different from real life.
What we want is for you to go and spend lots more money in the club shop and get your friends to come along and watch our wonderful,thrill-a-minute attacking football..and spend a bit more on a programme and in the bar to get the full match-day experience.
Your comments are always unwelcome and frankly are a bit of a pain so just do as you are told and be humbly grateful that you have a football club to support and don't worry your little heads about who owns it and all that technical stuff-we know best."
A. Cleaner
Head of PR.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Oct 2013 16:43

I've heard that the delay is only because Zingaravich wants to be there for a song and dance press conference and signing ceremony with Madjeski and so they've got to wait for him to be back in the country.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Oct 2013 16:46

Hoop Blah I've heard that the delay is only because Zingaravich wants to be there for a song and dance press conference and signing ceremony with Madjeski and so they've got to wait for him to be back in the country.

Would that be Cossack song and dance?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 08 Oct 2013 16:55

genome Can't stop laughing at Kelly's pic

Baird looks like an AIDS patient

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Oct 2013 16:58

They all look a bit ill - not great lighting tbh

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Oct 2013 17:01

TBM
genome Can't stop laughing at Kelly's pic

Baird looks like an AIDS patient

Baird: Do you like opera?
Hammond: I'm not that familiar with opera.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Oct 2013 17:02

Victor Meldrew
Ian Royal

Just putting a different scenario so why on earth would you want to be rude about it?
There are two parties to the deal and with Anton being pilloried maybe, just maybe it is our own that is holding things up.
Let's not forget this is the man who found it so difficult to fork out £20,000 to skint York City over the Murty deal.

Madejski wasn't involved in the day to day running of the club. He's also the man who said "A deal's a deal" when the club got promoted to the PL before the original deal went through and became much more valuable. Ludicrous to spaculate he's suddenly putting the breaks on.

8684 posts