Wolves (H) - I'm looking forward to....

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

Re: Wolves (H) - I'm looking forward to....

by Tamworth_Royal » 27 Sep 2014 00:26

floyd__streete
Aubery Boyce Floyd streete

OUT OF DARKNESS COMETH LIGHT
YOU'VE LET US ALL DOWN AGAIN
LETS ALL HAVE A DEESCOW

December 1993 Live on ITV Reading V Wolves ( Graham Taylor) Sunday afternoon Mark McGee had just pissed off, Steve Bull 1-0 Wolves and then Osbourn, Quinn and I think Lovell and Gilkes ( Hartenburger UWE UWE Assist) Shakaka Hislop MOM) finished I think 4-2, as the one and only Midlands Reading Fan at the time the number of people said to me next day wow you lot know how to play football, for me,probably my most chest thumping time ever as a Reading Fan. Sell out 6000 or so at Elm Park. Check out YouTube especially Simon Osborns Volley in the second half ( Not Lovell as Brian Moore Says)

Passion togetherness succeed
Last edited by Tamworth_Royal on 27 Sep 2014 00:52, edited 1 time in total.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 27 Sep 2014 00:40

found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGCgRUXxQWY

watch it and support us on Sunday the same day I did 20 years ago. ( But admire what a class passing side we were kids) if this team was at the Madstad today, well ........... you know where we be in the league :wink:
Last edited by Tamworth_Royal on 27 Sep 2014 00:50, edited 1 time in total.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 27 Sep 2014 00:48

Ian Royal
Scutterbucketz
SPARTA Two late Archie goals to break Wolves and the fat scottish bastard's hearts. 8)

Is that the game where Parky scored a screamer to give us a bit of hope and then Lovell got the two late ones?

No the Parky screamer was 4-2 in the league cup at the Mad Stad.

Archie brace was to turn around a late goal from them to take the lead, that should have been disallowed because of a foul on Mautone (I think). Iwan Roberts or Don Goodman with the foul / goul. Scummers.

Which was the one Adie got an own goal in? Was that 3-0 with Quinn's genius juggle and volley?

EDIT: My mistake, Parky and Williams same game and it was Elm Park still.

Parky's screamer was a beauty. Ray Houghton tried to take the ball off him and he shoved him out of the way and belted it into the top corner. One of my favourite Reading goals of all time.

And talking about Wolves in the League Cup what about Pat Earles getting the only goal in about 1976 or 77? They were top tier at the time and we would have probably been third division at the time so it was quite the giant-killing in the days when even that cup meant something. But that's not my main reason for bringing that game up.
Wolves skinheads(?) tried to take the South Bank. The police went into the away end and pulled out their main trouble-maker. They frogmarched him away, taking the long way round past the South Bank. He was struggling to get away and giving them loads of hassle when .....
his leg fell off!

This nutter didn't look quite as hard having to hop with a policeman carrying his false leg.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Sep 2014 07:26

I think Harry's memory is failing him. The Wolves League Cup tie was in the 78/79 season (second round). We were 4th Division and they were 1st and Pat Earles nodded in the winner at the Town End. The incident with the leg falling off was in the 4th round at home to Southampton when we drew 0-0. We had earlier disposed of Rotherham Utd in the 3rd round. Steve Hetzke might have got the goal that night.

wiggso

by wiggso » 27 Sep 2014 09:15

Tamworth_Royal
floyd__streete
Aubery Boyce Floyd streete

OUT OF DARKNESS COMETH LIGHT
YOU'VE LET US ALL DOWN AGAIN
LETS ALL HAVE A DEESCOW

December 1993 Live on ITV Reading V Wolves ( Graham Taylor) Sunday afternoon Mark McGee had just pissed off, Steve Bull 1-0 Wolves and then Osbourn, Quinn and I think Lovell and Gilkes ( Hartenburger UWE UWE Assist) Shakaka Hislop MOM) finished I think 4-2, as the one and only Midlands Reading Fan at the time the number of people said to me next day wow you lot know how to play football, for me,probably my most chest thumping time ever as a Reading Fan. Sell out 6000 or so at Elm Park. Check out YouTube especially Simon Osborns Volley in the second half ( Not Lovell as Brian Moore Says)

'93???

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 27 Sep 2014 15:11

Easy lads. I thought this thread was about looking forwards rather than a reminiscing fest :lol:

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 27 Sep 2014 15:57

*puts cock away*

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Sep 2014 03:02

Thats Noddy Holder, from Walsall

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 28 Sep 2014 06:06

SPARTA Two late Archie goals to break Wolves and the fat scottish bastard's hearts. 8)

.... is the only answer.....

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 28 Sep 2014 10:30

Terminal Boardom I think Harry's memory is failing him. The Wolves League Cup tie was in the 78/79 season (second round). We were 4th Division and they were 1st and Pat Earles nodded in the winner at the Town End. The incident with the leg falling off was in the 4th round at home to Southampton when we drew 0-0. We had earlier disposed of Rotherham Utd in the 3rd round. Steve Hetzke might have got the goal that night.

Happy to be corrected. Cheers. So the leg incident was the "Alan Ball's a w####r" night instead. Still one of the most bizarre incidents I've seen.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Sep 2014 11:05

wiggso
Tamworth_Royal

'93???
Tamworth's usual standards of accuracy apply.