by melonhead » 14 Dec 2014 15:01

When will the mods act to stop these two forever poisoning this board

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Adkins - Pros and Cons

by Ian Royal » 14 Dec 2014 15:04

Royal Lady
Ian Royal
Royal Lady I've seen it all now - slagging off a bloke who has, we hope, just beaten cancer so you can make a cheap dig. Well done

What the oxf*rd?

1) Why would anyone know he's hopefully just beat cancer?
2) what's his fight against cancer (congratulations SF, fingers crossed, I'd be delighted you can recover, live on and continue being a pcunt) got to do with postings on the team board and being a miserable pcunt?

Because you should be able to form construction criticism without resorting to nasty name calling - you being a prime offender Ian - and it's no secret on AE - you regularly resort to slagging me off and I'm in good health so,no it shouldn't matter as to anyone's health, you shouldn't feel need to call names anyway but at least you both you feel bad now.

I really don't.

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 14 Dec 2014 15:10

Wow - This thread is unpleasant.

RR- Given that you made an ill-informed post several years ago, tried to get the board shut down to correct your mistake and have been playing the superiority complex card ever since to try and redeem your character; then I would say - just how many favours do you want from this board?

IR - Take a break. You're going nuts.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 14 Dec 2014 15:11

Royal Lady
Ian Royal
Royal Lady I've seen it all now - slagging off a bloke who has, we hope, just beaten cancer so you can make a cheap dig. Well done

What the oxf*rd?

1) Why would anyone know he's hopefully just beat cancer?
2) what's his fight against cancer (congratulations SF, fingers crossed, I'd be delighted you can recover, live on and continue being a pcunt) got to do with postings on the team board and being a miserable pcunt?

Because you should be able to form construction criticism without resorting to nasty name calling - you being a prime offender Ian - and it's no secret on AE - you regularly resort to slagging me off and I'm in good health so,no it shouldn't matter as to anyone's health, you shouldn't feel need to call names anyway but at least you both you feel bad now.

ahahah, whenever i poke my head back into this portal, you are always being a pcunt RL. Today is no different.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Dec 2014 15:14

Zana Badawi Wow - This thread is unpleasant.

RR- Given that you made an ill-informed post several years ago, tried to get the board shut down to correct your mistake and have been playing the superiority complex card ever since to try and redeem your character; then I would say - just how many favours do you want from this board?

sweet baby jesus....ooof

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Dec 2014 15:22

Zana Badawi Wow - This thread is unpleasant.

:lol:

I think you mean ill-advised ZB.

Do I need a favour to get me out of the shit for calling a man a pcunt on here who (unbeknownst to me) is recovering from cancer?

Ok then.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 14 Dec 2014 16:40

willz_royal ahahah, whenever i poke my head back into this portal, you are always being a pcunt RL. Today is no different.

Classy.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Dec 2014 17:40

If, in the main, the only people having a dig at me are RR, Ian Royal and Willz _ you know you've got them on the ropes!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Dec 2014 17:43

:lol: That doesn't really make any sense now does it?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 Dec 2014 18:32

Royal Lady If, in the main, the only people having a dig at me are RR, Ian Royal and Willz _ you know you've got them on the ropes!

If you can't stand the heat, get back to the kitchen etc

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 Dec 2014 18:39

Anyway, this bout of "nasty name calling" reminded me of that pcunt that flounced last Summer after someone 'insulted' him.

Brilliant scenes: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=119891
Even more topical due to this particular line: "I feel sad and disappointed that I have taken this decision but I can no longer deal with receiving insults, thanks Royal Rother as you were the straw which broke the camels back."

:lol:

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 14 Dec 2014 19:54

Man Friday
willz_royal ahahah, whenever i poke my head back into this portal, you are always being a pcunt RL. Today is no different.

Classy.

almost as classy as shoe-horning someone elses irrelevant, serious real life ailment into a cyber argument about a football team. Ludicrous that its going unmentioned really.

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 14 Dec 2014 21:09

Zana Badawi
Cureton's Volley
RoyalinBracknell I'd say most of Adkins' tenure has been somewhat soulless and underwhelming. Under McDermott we were always competing at the top end of the Championship. McDermott was supposedly sacked on the - naïve and idealistic? - belief that it would allow us to bring in a superior manager and a superior style of play. This hasn't materialised at all for the club and 'chasing the dream' seems to have backfired spectacularly. More and more, I think the sacking of McDermott was the worst decision the club has made in recent times - the decline has been quite alarming.

Of course there have been ownership problems which have also contributed to the general vibe around the club I think. But even so I'd expect the manager to do better with the squad available and I think there's something more missing than simply results.

We probably won't get relegated but if things stay as they are until the end of the season then I can't see too much improving sadly.

Couldn't agree more

Id agree more if he took the 'most of' and 'somewhat' out of the first sentence. (I also wouldn't be too massively sure we aren't relegation candidates - we've got the mental attitude of candidates). I cant remember a great Adkins game and that, by definition, makes him mediocre. We've just been defending him, and via that defence of the mediocre, the club is now characterised by self pity and pathos. There's no place for that in football management.

(On days like this I just remember how it all started. AZ sacked McDermott because a section of fans were booing him. They were booing him partly because he shared a less than favourable view of Danny Guthrie. And then we replaced McDermott with the man he beat in the Championship race because of Danny bleeding Guthrie. One acronym needed here - LOL. That's what we sold our soul for.)

I was trying to be at least slightly nuanced! :wink: There have been a few glimmers of hope at various times but I agree that by and large it's been a huge disappointment. And to follow up on Melonhead's comments, I agree the ownership situation (with Anton in particular) has also taken much of the soul out of the club.

But I can't disagree with the suggestion that we 'sold our soul' the day we sacked McDermott. I think it was a very un-Reading like thing to do and perhaps epitomised the AZ era of 'chasing the dream' which was never likely to actually materialise.

As to whether we're relegation candidates or not, I understand what you mean about the mental attitude. I mean we were in a relegation fight at one point at the end of 2009 with a manager who almost won the Premier League last season, a left-back who's played in a Champions League final and is now playing regularly for a team in the top half of the Premier League, a striker who's now playing in the top half of the Premier League and an attacking midfielder who's doing likewise. Much like now, many people at the time were saying the squad simply wasn't good enough but as we've seen since it most definitely was. There was something simply not right at time which was leading to poor results and if that team could get sucked into it then it's hard to say that our current team is completely secure. I still think that we'll be alright though. I think our current position/set of results is an underachievement - it would be an absolutely massive underachievement/disaster if we were to get relegated.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 14 Dec 2014 21:34

i think he's gone soft since the cancer

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Dec 2014 12:15

willz_royal
Man Friday

Classy.

almost as classy as shoe-horning someone elses irrelevant, serious real life ailment into a cyber argument about a football team. Ludicrous that its going unmentioned really.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 15 Dec 2014 13:45

As much as Royal Rother is a bit of a grandiloquent nincompoop at the best of times a massive LOL at the concept that he somehow needs to know the medical history of fellow posters before he imparts his high-handed keyboardwarriorship.

ROFLoyaLOL LOLady: Internet Police. Mrs Mangel meets Miss Marple meets Sybil Fawlty.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Dec 2014 13:47

floyd__streete As much as Royal Rother is a bit of a grandiloquent nincompoop at the best of times a massive LOL at the concept that he somehow needs to know the medical history of fellow posters before he imparts his high-handed keyboardwarriorship.

ROFLoyaLOL LOLady: Internet Police. Mrs Mangel meets Miss Marple meets Sybil Fawlty.

I only wanted to rattLOLe him. Seems I did a great job! 8) :lol:

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 15 Dec 2014 13:48

floyd__streete As much as Royal Rother is a bit of a grandiloquent nincompoop at the best of times a massive LOL at the concept that he somehow needs to know the medical history of fellow posters before he imparts his high-handed keyboardwarriorship.

GUO grandiloquent

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 15 Dec 2014 13:54

Royal Lady

You realise you're a Grandmother?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Dec 2014 14:08

willz_royal
Royal Lady

You realise you're a Grandmother?

Gosh, thanks for telling me. :roll:

847 posts