Adkins - Pros and Cons

847 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Adkins - Pros and Cons

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Dec 2014 23:21

apart from the S'fers bit...who I find at times, too prevocative with his sneering shooting down of others posts

I am 100% with you.

The sacking of BM quite rightly has turned out to be a travesty and so on and so on

Meantime, we have what we have (and we oldies) know that happier days are just around the corner.....but of course those happy days come on the back of the bad days........ that we are currently experiencing.

FWIW, as bad as it seems right now...it barely charts in my memory bank of concern (compared to some of the days gone by..... 1983 anyone??), like Sir Steve when he came to us in less than a blaze of glory...success is directly proportional to your oppostion teams failures.

Chill folks...forget the politics, just try and enjoy the game

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 13 Dec 2014 23:42

In the morass that's the team board, I confess I enjoy immensely SF'ers one liners.

Final thoughts... Those thinking that either McDermott or Coppell are going to come back are very much living in a different universe. A wrong one at that.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 13 Dec 2014 23:56

Is it time for another Pants day yet?

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 14 Dec 2014 01:23

Silver Fox Looking forward to finding out today's excuses from the deluded Adkins fan club

This week, I will be mostly blaming Financial Fair Play (Closes Barn Door)

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 14 Dec 2014 01:54

Cureton's Volley
RoyalinBracknell I'd say most of Adkins' tenure has been somewhat soulless and underwhelming. Under McDermott we were always competing at the top end of the Championship. McDermott was supposedly sacked on the - naïve and idealistic? - belief that it would allow us to bring in a superior manager and a superior style of play. This hasn't materialised at all for the club and 'chasing the dream' seems to have backfired spectacularly. More and more, I think the sacking of McDermott was the worst decision the club has made in recent times - the decline has been quite alarming.

Of course there have been ownership problems which have also contributed to the general vibe around the club I think. But even so I'd expect the manager to do better with the squad available and I think there's something more missing than simply results.

We probably won't get relegated but if things stay as they are until the end of the season then I can't see too much improving sadly.

Couldn't agree more

Id agree more if he took the 'most of' and 'somewhat' out of the first sentence. (I also wouldn't be too massively sure we aren't relegation candidates - we've got the mental attitude of candidates). I cant remember a great Adkins game and that, by definition, makes him mediocre. We've just been defending him, and via that defence of the mediocre, the club is now characterised by self pity and pathos. There's no place for that in football management.

(On days like this I just remember how it all started. AZ sacked McDermott because a section of fans were booing him. They were booing him partly because he shared a less than favourable view of Danny Guthrie. And then we replaced McDermott with the man he beat in the Championship race because of Danny bleeding Guthrie. One acronym needed here - LOL. That's what we sold our soul for.)

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 14 Dec 2014 01:55

Really dont know what the fcuk is going on tbh... maybe the players just aren't good enough to play the way Adkins wants. We have seen the basic football improve (e.g keeping possession) but when the players actually have to do something constructive with it they are clueless. Side ways and backwards passes all the time, and still no one dares to try and play a defence splitting ball through the middle for a striker to run onto.

So IMO not that much has changed since McDermott left. We are still very one dimensional and lacking in creativity. The team was on the decline playing a very dated style of football in the PL (particularly in the final third) and its still pretty similar now. The main difference is the defending has got worse, but IMO was never actually that good under McD and was badly exposed in the PL.

The main problem is Adkins hasnt seemed to have been able to fix these problems. His style has forced the players to stop doing what they knew and what they were used to, and few of them have seemed to be able to adapt. Is that due to lack of quality or bad management? Surely his instructions before each game are not "only attack from the wing, get loads of crosses in the box etc", because if so that would completely undermine the work he has done on possession etc. But surely the players can't be disobeying his orders in every game because they are too shit to play any other way, or can they?

For example, all these overhit crosses to the back post all the time, its so boring. Then again we do it so much you start to think we must be doing it on purpose. But if we were doing it on purpose then surely someone would be there to put the ball in the net a bit more? We actually did this under McD a lot, playing on the wings getting crosses in, but the difference is we actually scored goals doing it.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Dec 2014 09:12

Forget the arguments about Adkins, surely we can all agree that SF is a bit of a pcunt.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 14 Dec 2014 09:42

Royal Rother Forget the arguments about Adkins, surely we can all agree that SF is a bit of a pcunt.

Not sure - perhaps we need a SF Pros and Cons thread?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Dec 2014 10:22

I've seen it all now - slagging off a bloke who has, we hope, just beaten cancer so you can make a cheap dig. Well done

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 14 Dec 2014 10:50

Royal Rother Forget the arguments about Adkins, surely we can all agree that SF is a bit of a pcunt.

Coming from a Grade A Hobnob Prick (not to mention delusional Adkins apologist :| ) like you .......................truly priceless

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Dec 2014 10:54

Wow, even Nigel's biggest fan (maybe Ian Royal can lay claim to that one?) has run out of excuses! Time's surely up for Adkins when even Windsor & Eton fans can no longer find a way to back him

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Dec 2014 10:57

Royal Lady I've seen it all now - slagging off a bloke who has, we hope, just beaten cancer so you can make a cheap dig. Well done

Are you for real? I had no knowledge of any cancer issue RL and I'm damn sure SF would not link a pop on HNA to that.

Good effort though.

It's not actually. It's a Fcuking pathetic effort if I'm honest.

Sincere good wishes for the recovery SF.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Dec 2014 12:12

Handsome Man Good possession stats today, and we were a bit unlucky that they seemed to score every time they had a shot. Adkins is so close to getting it right it would be a travesty to go back to a more primitive style of football by getting somebody new and crap in.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 14 Dec 2014 12:58

Handsome Man, are you the script writer for 'The Office'? Brilliant, dry, wit. Love it.
Think Adkins should get paid in relation to how much possession we have in a match.
We're that close to...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Dec 2014 13:43

Royal Rother
Royal Lady I've seen it all now - slagging off a bloke who has, we hope, just beaten cancer so you can make a cheap dig. Well done

Are you for real? I had no knowledge of any cancer issue RL and I'm damn sure SF would not link a pop on HNA to that.

Good effort though.

It's not actually. It's a Fcuking pathetic effort if I'm honest.

Sincere good wishes for the recovery SF.

So maybe you should think before throwing insults about? If you use insults, you've lost the argument. Good day to you.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 Dec 2014 13:54

Sorry state of affairs when you have to enquire about a person's health status before calling them a pcunt on the internet.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Dec 2014 13:57

What the oxf*rd?

1) Why would anyone know he's hopefully just beat cancer?
2) what's his fight against cancer (congratulations SF, fingers crossed, I'd be delighted you can recover, live on and continue being a pcunt) got to do with postings on the team board and being a miserable pcunt?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Dec 2014 14:08

Ian Royal

What the oxf*rd?

1) Why would anyone know he's hopefully just beat cancer?
2) what's his fight against cancer (congratulations SF, fingers crossed, I'd be delighted you can recover, live on and continue being a pcunt) got to do with postings on the team board and being a miserable pcunt?

Because you should be able to form construction criticism without resorting to nasty name calling - you being a prime offender Ian - and it's no secret on AE - you regularly resort to slagging me off and I'm in good health so,no it shouldn't matter as to anyone's health, you shouldn't feel need to call names anyway but at least you both you feel bad now.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Dec 2014 14:31

As SF (and anybody who's been on the board for any length of time) well knows, it's one of his most-used words on here and if he gives a toss about being called it in whatever context I'd be bloody amazed. Me using it to describe him was massive irony.

Jeez, you really are a piece of work for playing that card RL.

Here, take a little look. I can't see an awful lot of reasoned argument around, can you?

search.php?keywords=pcunt&terms=all&author=Silver+Fox&sc=1&sf=msgonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Dec 2014 14:54

well this is nice

847 posts