Adkins Sacked - Not a Wind Up

228 posts
Lacoste

Re: Adkins Sacked - Not a Wind Up

by Lacoste » 15 Dec 2014 20:00

Yep samrit has acted with a complete lack of class here. He needs to reign it in.

On the sacking side, this has all the hallmarks of a classic Madejski sacking. Either he did it himself or heavily advised whoever is in charge here to do so.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Adkins has gone...

by Ian Royal » 15 Dec 2014 20:01

BraisingsteakRoyal
Ian Royal
Mr.Swainey
I know the reception might not be good enough on your radio, Ian, but Jake Taylor is not up to standard, he is awful.

He's far from awful. Probably not up to standard, but then he's about the least exciting prospect close to the first team from our Academy.

If the least exciting prospect can do an ok job filling in out of position in an injury crisis, I think we've got a brilliant Academy.

Just so I know, the next time I'm watching - who exactly are the exciting prospects?

Tanner, Cooper, Hector, Obita, Stacey, Hyam, Dickie, Kuhl. Maybe Husin, Tshibola, Cardwell, Novakovich, Kelly, Fosu.

SCIAG or winch could give a better run down. Hopefully the club will stream their youth cup games on Youtube again and you can enlighten yourself by watching. Or if you're lucky enough to live much closer than me you could get down to some of their games live.

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 15 Dec 2014 20:02

BraisingsteakRoyal
Ian Royal
Mr.Swainey
I know the reception might not be good enough on your radio, Ian, but Jake Taylor is not up to standard, he is awful.

He's far from awful. Probably not up to standard, but then he's about the least exciting prospect close to the first team from our Academy.

If the least exciting prospect can do an ok job filling in out of position in an injury crisis, I think we've got a brilliant Academy.

Just so I know, the next time I'm watching - who exactly are the exciting prospects?

Tshibola has looked genuinely exciting in the 2 games I've seen him play.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 15 Dec 2014 20:10

I think this phrase fired the bullet... (certainly did as far as I was concerned)

"It was very, very close in terms of the game but it wasn't in terms of the scoreline.
"Goals change the complex of games, we came here to be positive, started well and their keeper made a couple of early saves. But then they scored, and from our point of view they scored goals which we like to think we should stop. We'll reflect on it."

janesdaddy

by janesdaddy » 15 Dec 2014 20:14

genome I wonder if we'll sign Murray now?

Murray couldn't hit a barn door from 3 feet away, as he's shown repeatedly since wearing our hoops. I wonder if the Pog is match-fit, or if he still has a thumb sprain from counting all his Rubles? Who else (already in the squad) can turn into the 20 goal scorer before the end of the season?

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 15 Dec 2014 20:15

p6 IN

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 15 Dec 2014 20:17

Not a surprise; the writing was on the wall with all those 3 goal defeats earlier in the season, and it was clear that he would be gone after Saturday's result.

I can genuinely say that at no time under Adkins was I ever excited by any Reading performance.

We move on.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 15 Dec 2014 20:20

I really hope this club gets relegated now. NH is the pcunt that needs to go.

I was happy to see the back of Coppell and McDermott....but this is disgraceful. If they get either of these two back I will be sending my season tickets back. Pcunts

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 15 Dec 2014 20:22

semtex1871 I really hope this club gets relegated now. NH is the pcunt that needs to go.

I was happy to see the back of Coppell and McDermott....but this is disgraceful. If they get either of these two back I will be sending my season tickets back. Pcunts

Good, the fewer racists at the ground the better.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Dec 2014 20:23

semtex1871 I really hope this club gets relegated now. NH is the pcunt that needs to go.

See you next time three Billy Goats Gruff try to cross your bridge.
Last edited by sandman on 15 Dec 2014 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular

by semtex1871 » 15 Dec 2014 20:26

Mr.Swainey

Good, the fewer racists at the ground the better.

Why is racism bad? It is okay to not like something?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Dec 2014 20:26

lol, Semmers is not very diplomatic for a republican

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular

by semtex1871 » 15 Dec 2014 20:27

AthleticoSpizz lol, Semmers is not very diplomatic for a republican

:lol:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 15 Dec 2014 20:31

In 140+ years the only managers who have won something for Reading. You really are a complete twot or a Swindon fan...

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 15 Dec 2014 20:32

Uke I think this phrase fired the bullet... (certainly did as far as I was concerned)

"It was very, very close in terms of the game but it wasn't in terms of the scoreline.
"Goals change the complex of games, we came here to be positive, started well and their keeper made a couple of early saves. But then they scored, and from our point of view they scored goals which we like to think we should stop. We'll reflect on it."

Agree, it shows a complete lack of 'realism'. Those comments along with Dellors post match interview with Adkins that started "Fans see that as one of the most pathetic Reading performances ever, what's your take on it?"

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Dec 2014 20:39

He actually also said he was getting better and better in that same interview...

:shock:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Dec 2014 20:40

What does this mean for Nasser El Khayati?

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 15 Dec 2014 20:41

MmmMonsterMunch He actually also said he was getting better and better in that same interview...

:shock:

Perhaps he thought he was still employed by Southampton.

Martin41

by Martin41 » 15 Dec 2014 20:49

Man Friday

In 140+ years the only managers who have won something for Reading. You really are a complete twot or a Swindon fan...

Agree what a complete dick he is!

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 15 Dec 2014 21:02

Pleased he's gone, he was never the man to take us forward.

In March 2013, in the Is Adkins the right choice thread, I wrote the following:

Never wanted Brian to leave and strongly disagreed with his sacking. Also not convinced that Adkins will deliver. One thing is for sure, however much money he's given he will spend every penny of it, increasing the club's debts by millions so we'd better hope he lives up to the hype.

Having said all of that he's here now and he's our manager and as I support Reading, by definition I will support our manager. I suppose

On the same thread, Floyd wote the following:

[i][Pleased.

Four promotions under his belt - at least twice as good a track-record as any manager RFC have ever appointed - and his sides play good football, Southampton's 1-0 win against us back in November was extremely flattering.....for Reading.

Spent a lot? Well, mainly in the Prem but - newsflash - thats what you kind of have to do to stay in this league. Points-wise, Saints cushion to survival under their new bloke is no greater now then it was under Adkins.

I like his positive attitude, handles the media well and clearly has something about him. Well done to all concerned at Reading FC for securing this.
/i]

Not finger pointing or anything like that, just highlighting how somebody with Floyd's obvious footballing knowledge was taken in by the Adkins hype and BS.

228 posts