Adkins Sacked - Not a Wind Up

228 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Adkins Sacked - Not a Wind Up

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Dec 2014 21:43

Dunno about the relegation bit but..

I would assume NA's pay-off will buy his silence....which to us conclusion-jumpers is a real shame.

One day it will all come out

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 15 Dec 2014 21:45

sandman
MmmMonsterMunch
semtex1871 though, I do honestly hope we are relegated just so Dolan gets sacked, and you gimps turn on the board who are the real villains in all of this.....

You really think Adkins is not largely cuplable for this shambolic season? And why on earth would you want your own team relegated you numpty?!

He doesn't, he's a troll.

Besides we'll likely run out of prawn sandwiches in hospitality if we go down.

RatTROLLed :lol:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Dec 2014 21:45

Does anyone else get the impression RB isn't a big fan of Madejski?

Struggle Pig

by Struggle Pig » 15 Dec 2014 21:49

Really am dissapointed, I genuinely believed things would turn around. Nigel is undoubtedly a good manager but like with Rogers, it just didn't happen here.

My heart says give Dolan the job, he is Reading through and through and plays football in a manner I would like to see from us and knows the first team & academy inside out, but my head says someone like Pulis (we don't stand a chance of getting him) is the stabling force we need right now to stop the decline and turn things around. Just look what he did at Palace last year.

Good luck Nigel, sorry it didn't work out.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 15 Dec 2014 21:52

semtex1871
MmmMonsterMunch
semtex1871 though, I do honestly hope we are relegated just so Dolan gets sacked, and you gimps turn on the board who are the real villains in all of this.....

You really think Adkins is not largely cuplable for this shambolic season? And why on earth would you want your own team relegated you numpty?!

I believe Atkins has been royally stitched up by the board and has been sacked to shift the attention away from the shambles going on behind the scenes. I think we need to get relegated just to get the fans to turn on the motley crew of a board running the club into the ground....

What is the shambles going on behind the scenes? How are the board running the club into the ground?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Dec 2014 21:59

semtex1871 I believe Atkins has been royally stitched up by the board and has been sacked to shift the attention away from the shambles going on behind the scenes. I think we need to get relegated just to get the fans to turn on the motley crew of a board running the club into the ground....

You don't think perhaps it has anything to do with:

1) Shambolic defending
2) Inept performances
3) No signs of progress, in fact more signs of decline
4) Poor win ratio in a league with no stand out teams
5) Bizarre interviews
6) Strange team selections
7) The team coming out worse after HT more often than not
8 ) Lack of connection with the fans
9) Unrest / losing faith in the dressing room
10) 3 wins in 15
11) Players with zero confidence
12) Rapidly falling attendances as a result of all the above

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Adkins has gone...

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 15 Dec 2014 22:06

St. Brynjar Shame it never worked out. Plenty of respect for Adkins and seems like he had a pretty shite hand dealt to him, but nevertheless he hasn't done anything near a 'good' job. I'd have kept him but I'm not heartbroken he's gone. Dolan in.

Pretty much this. It's only really been confirmed recently the stranglehold he's had to work under throughout all his time at the club. Lots of broken promises supplemented by an horrendous injury list.

However, his nauseating second rate 'sports psychology' and constant affirmations and platitudes were simply not enough.

While the heart screams Maccy D (or Sir Steve), the head says Pulis. It won't be pretty but at least we'd be a tad more resilient ....

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 15 Dec 2014 22:09

Just a "tad" more resilient...?

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 15 Dec 2014 22:11

Can't help but feel that the horrendous injury list must be attributable to him. He's been here two years. It suggests that something is wrong with the training which, as manager, he's responsible for.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 15 Dec 2014 22:25

I was on a train when I heard Adkins was gone. My cry of "YES!" turned quite a few heads.

I am delighted he, and his coaching team, are now just a bad memory.

The obsession with possession statistics to the exclusion of playing attractive counter-attacking football was never to my taste. The Adkins era has been typified by desperately dull and unattractive football, with a once-successful team being dismembered and tippy tappy automatons reprogrammed in their place.
We move on. Good-bye Nigel. I hope your payoff is performance related.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Dec 2014 22:32

Man Friday Can't help but feel that the horrendous injury list must be attributable to him. He's been here two years. It suggests that something is wrong with the training which, as manager, he's responsible for.

:| No manager is going to stop Jem Karacan going into risky tackles or magically heal whatever bit of Guthrie is broken or stop McCleary seriously damaging his spine. Most of our injuries were freak incidents on the pitch or pre-existing issues (Guthrie/Williams/Ferdinand).

It's normal for people to make illogical jumps like that but sometimes improbable things happen.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 15 Dec 2014 22:36

What is the shambles going on behind the scenes? How are the board running the club into the ground?

I agree, it does make me laugh when people moan at the current owners. When exactly did they take over the club - mid August? Not exactly much time to do anything in the remaining transfer window was there. I don't see how anyone can have any evidence that they are running it in to the ground since then. To me it seems the worst you can accuse them of is being anonymous.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Dec 2014 22:42

SCIAG
Man Friday Can't help but feel that the horrendous injury list must be attributable to him. He's been here two years. It suggests that something is wrong with the training which, as manager, he's responsible for.

:| No manager is going to stop Jem Karacan going into risky tackles or magically heal whatever bit of Guthrie is broken or stop McCleary seriously damaging his spine. Most of our injuries were freak incidents on the pitch or pre-existing issues (Guthrie/Williams/Ferdinand).

It's normal for people to make illogical jumps like that but sometimes improbable things happen.

He has to take responsibility for Hope Akpan dislocating his shoulder on international duty though.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 15 Dec 2014 22:45

Feel bad for him considering the shit state of affairs he took over and had to put up with since, but despite that I feel we should have seen far more improvement than we did (particularly this season) but we seemed to be getting worse.

Reminds me a lot of our Rodgers era. For whatever reason(s) it just didnt work for him here. Will be interesting to see where is next job is at, how badly has his time here damaged his reputation? Saying that I agree with what others have said that he could go his next club and do well.

I suspect Dolan will be caretaker manager and if he does well enough they will give him the job on a permanent basis. I wouldnt mind that too much but Steve Clarke would be my personal choice. I think getting McDermott back would be a poor move.
Last edited by RoyallyFcuked on 15 Dec 2014 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 15 Dec 2014 22:46

Not sorry to see him go
Never felt he was a Reading manager in the mould of Steve Coppell or McDermott
Never seemed like as honest a bloke as either of them, never trusted him as much
And never felt comfortable with Nigel Army's Barmy Army song

Roll on the new era whatever and whoever it may be

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 15 Dec 2014 22:48

Writing on the wall, players did not want to play for him. Least do not need to listen to those shocking interviews

' I will lead from the front', more like the front door!

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 15 Dec 2014 22:50

melonhead Worried SJM may believe a return for macdermott is what we want though
Would be a backward step for me

Interesting comment, seeing as you were one of the ones crying at McDermott's IMO deserved sacking.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 15 Dec 2014 22:52

brighton_royal Can we all just take the positives and move on?

Think you're getting mixed up.

McDermott's catchphrase in the PL season was infact "we move on" if I remember rightly.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 15 Dec 2014 23:13

seanboyd_2 This is a MASSIVE mistake, the board have just relegated this club, should have waited until the end of this season.

Only hope is to get a new manager in now and give him HUGE financial backing in January if they don't do this then we will be going down.

Are you fukking stupid or something, We cannot spend in January because of FFP.
Any new manager will not have a pot to piss in because of FFP and the likes of POG, Guthrie and the fat dutch clown

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Dec 2014 23:39

RoyallyFcuked
brighton_royal Can we all just take the positives and move on?

Think you're getting mixed up.

McDermott's catchphrase in the PL season was infact "we move on" if I remember rightly.

Not that mixed up pal, just seen Adkins post match interview from Saturday replayed on SSN less than 10 minutes ago saying that "The scoreline is a poor result for us but we'll reflect upon that and move on".

228 posts