BFTG - Watford (H)

105 posts
Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

BFTG - Watford (H)

by Royal Ginger » 20 Dec 2014 17:18

Unlucky today rather than shit. Back four were very good. Dealt with some heavy pressure in the first half. Gunter better without the weight of captaincy.

Blackman needs to be told he's not as good as he thinks, and Williams wasn't brilliant.

First half was the usual turgid affair, but from 5 mins into the second half until the goal we made more noise then any point in the season so far. There was actually an atmosphere for once.

Cooper as a striker at the death was almost a masterstoke from Clarke.

A defeat yes, but more positive.

seanboyd_2

Re: BFTG - Watford (H)

by seanboyd_2 » 20 Dec 2014 17:22

This guy is either tripping on ACID or watched a different game.

Yes defence looked better today but the MIDFIELD might have well not been there at all then to top that off the strikers missed chance after chance after chance, not just Murray but Blackman too, but what really wound me up was that in the 88th Minute, we are chasing the game against 10men and Blackman has the audacity to attempt an over head bicycle kick to which he sent flying over the bar, this just apitomised the whole day for me

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 20 Dec 2014 17:30

Well if SC didn`t know the task he had before he certainly does now

Esteban

by Esteban » 20 Dec 2014 17:31

seanboyd_2 This guy is either tripping on ACID or watched a different game.

Yes defence looked better today but the MIDFIELD might have well not been there at all then to top that off the strikers missed chance after chance after chance, not just Murray but Blackman too, but what really wound me up was that in the 88th Minute, we are chasing the game against 10men and Blackman has the audacity to attempt an over head bicycle kick to which he sent flying over the bar, this just apitomised the whole day for me

Blackman and Murray didn't play particularly well, but other than that, I agree with the OP.

I'd question whether you were on something. We had tempo and pace and enough chances to win it.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 20 Dec 2014 17:32

Thought we played very well until the goal, after which we played utterly woefully

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 20 Dec 2014 17:37

I thought this was a game we could of won but somehow contrived to lose and as soon as we went behind that was it. We had our chances but our finishing was abysmal.

I was fuming at Williams for losing the ball before their goal then limp back and watch them score, do these players take no responsibility for anything?

Gunter also shameful for a dive in a lame attempt to get a pen.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Dec 2014 17:47

We were the better side v 11 or 10. We've been mugged thanks to errors and profligacy in front of goal.

Better intensity, better passing, better movement, more desire.

Murray should have scored at least two but losing that was far from solely his fault. Blackman, McCleary and Gunter all guilty of misses too.

No huge defensive clangers today but some minor ones largely started in midfield. The goal McCleary's fault for passing into trouble with no need. Then no one tracked the deep runner.

We gifted that to Watford. First 5 mins or so after HT were spot on. We controlled the game. Then we bizarrely started going stupidly direct and let 10 man Watford dictate the game for at least 10 minutes. We should have choked ghem out of it instead we gave them their confidence and composure back.

Gunter far better. Norwood's set pieces crap - floated deep cnrs and and poorly executed direct free kicks. Obita needs to re-learn how to cross. All way too long AGAIN. McCleary better but still a shadow of last season. Williams has lost something too.

MotM Norwood, I spose.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Dec 2014 17:48

Actually hoping for an active January with players going out allowing others to come in.

seanboyd_2

by seanboyd_2 » 20 Dec 2014 17:50

Sutekh Actually hoping for an active January with players going out allowing others to come in.

Don't be too hopeful of that Sir.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... ct-8225688

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 20 Dec 2014 18:09

Didn't go so excuse me if I'm wrong -

But if we have chance after chance after chance that we miss, then surely we have played well enough to create them and it just highlights how we need a striker in jan/a striker with confidence. I would expect someone who says we have played shit to say we didn't have many chances..

JordCot

by JordCot » 20 Dec 2014 18:18

oxf*rd off how else was he supposed to score when the ball was at chest height in a crowded box?

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 20 Dec 2014 18:44

seanboyd_2 in the 88th Minute, we are chasing the game against 10men and Blackman has the audacity to attempt an over head bicycle kick to which he sent flying over the bar, this just apitomised the whole day for me

Epitomised the whole day? Not just the match?

I cant imagine how a desperate overhead kick can epitomise your whole day. What on on could have happened?

Your mrs struggling to stroke you off, making a real hash of it, then just as she starts to get a little bit of momentum and the end is finally nearing, she lets go and tries to finish you with her feet in an audacious manner?

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 20 Dec 2014 18:48

Ian Royal We were the better side v 11 or 10. We've been mugged thanks to errors and profligacy in front of goal.

Better intensity, better passing, better movement, more desire.

Murray should have scored at least two but losing that was far from solely his fault. Blackman, McCleary and Gunter all guilty of misses too.

No huge defensive clangers today but some minor ones largely started in midfield. The goal McCleary's fault for passing into trouble with no need. Then no one tracked the deep runner.

We gifted that to Watford. First 5 mins or so after HT were spot on. We controlled the game. Then we bizarrely started going stupidly direct and let 10 man Watford dictate the game for at least 10 minutes. We should have choked ghem out of it instead we gave them their confidence and composure back.

Gunter far better. Norwood's set pieces crap - floated deep cnrs and and poorly executed direct free kicks. Obita needs to re-learn how to cross. All way too long AGAIN. McCleary better but still a shadow of last season. Williams has lost something too.

MotM Norwood, I spose.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

eleventh earl of mar

by eleventh earl of mar » 20 Dec 2014 18:50

Cannot help feeling if the game was played with Adkins still as manager that our performance would have been described completely differently.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 20 Dec 2014 18:51

Nick Blackman is oxf*rd shit.

On the upside, at least Adkins wasn't in the dugout and I therefore I could actually attend a home game.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 20 Dec 2014 18:57

winchester_royal Thought we played very well until the goal, after which we played utterly woefully

This.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 20 Dec 2014 19:08

Gunter, McCleary and Hector were our best players today.
Some good, some bad from Obita and Norwood.
Pearce was decently solid.
Cox and Williams were quiet.
Murray and Blackman were dire.

Tactics after going a goal down were woeful. Hopefully Clarke has learnt quickly that Obita needs a winger to overlap, he can't take a man on. Blackman up front was a poor move. Cooper upfront was schoolboy football.

Our squad is two positions short of top 6 quality. We need a decent striker, Murray is rubbish, anyone that still hasn't worked that out is daft as a brush. We also need a left winger, Blackman's not good enough to start.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 20 Dec 2014 19:11

P!ssed Off
winchester_royal Thought we played very well until the goal, after which we played utterly woefully

This.

Thought it was obvious that up until they scored they were pretty open - once they scored they just put all their men behind the ball and sat deep, hence we couldn't hit them on the counter but had to try and pass our way through them which we're always rubbish at. It's not rocket science.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 20 Dec 2014 19:12

I expect to see Dominic Samuel on the bench for the next game.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 20 Dec 2014 19:17

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse -we fail to capitalize against ten men.

Feds 6: Painfully slow restarting the game.

Gunter 7: Probably our best player @ least he managed to get forward on the right & link up play.
Obita 5: Really low on confidence-absolute no threat on the left-trod on the ball in open space.
Hector 5: Too many horror moments-mixed with some good play.
Pierce 6 : Usual Pierce-did his job , but very limited.
Norwood 6: After a bright start to his Reading career-has been dragged down.Some superb passes, mixed with some awful ones.
Williams 5: Contributed nothing-seems to be lacking last seasons drive or commitment.
Blackman 3: Missed a sitter-too often lost the ball-awful game.
Murray 6: Should have hit the target early doors-but put in a shift.
Cox 5: Waste of space-what does he contribute-what exactly is his role ?
McLeary 6: Not back to full fitness-but had some promising moments.

Clarke-too early yet for him to make his mark.But he must be worried about what he's taken on.
Watford: For a top team in the division-extremely average.
Ref: He was OK.

Fans: Tried to lift the team-but the reality of where we are at -has now hit home.

105 posts