13%

Total votes: 209
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Steve Clarke

by Ian Royal » 28 Feb 2015 17:48

Snowball
Ian Royal
We don't ignore anything. We just treat everything in context and don't try to pretend Cup games are League games. I'm sorry this is too complicated for you to get into a line of stats. But Clarke's record is:

All comps
P12, W6, D3, L3

And THAT my drivel-brained correspondent, is all I'm saying.

Altho' I prefer to ignore the Watford game as I don't consider it fair to lay that at SC's feet

All comps
P11, W6, D3, L3

"and if these were all league games" that would be promotion form

I think I have worked out (with the help of your inestimable intelligence) that 'cup games are not league games', but, when the sample size is extremely small we take ALL GAMES into consideration to judge whether the manager is doing a good job.

So, for example, if the manager avoids relegation and wins the FA Cup, we will ignore the cup results and make the point that Clarke is a failure, right?

Ignoring the cup, by the end of the season we will have played 9 + 16 = 25 league games and will be able to compare the ppg, defence etc versus the 21 games under Adkins. Meanwhile, I will include the cup games, at least until we've had THIRTEEN league games under SC, and I will continue to ignore the Watford game.

If you don't like it Sweet-Pea, turn your radio up.

How are those cup wins translating into league form for you at the moment? I believe it's two losses and a win since that drivel isn't it? 1ppg, worse than the 1.3ppg our league form at the time showed and certainly not the 1.75ppg you'd have us believe our form actually was.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Steve Clarke

by Snowball » 28 Feb 2015 20:13

Ian Royal How are those cup wins translating into league form for you at the moment? I believe it's two losses and a win since that drivel isn't it? 1ppg, worse than the 1.3ppg our league form at the time showed and certainly not the 1.75ppg you'd have us believe our form actually was.

No drivel here (apart from every time you post)

I have never said anything about the cup games translating into league form.

I DID say, finishing 4th-bottom and getting to Wembley would be excellent and a good season..

Finishing 4th-bottom and getting to the final, would be an historic achievement and a brilliant season.

WIN it, and even going down would be OK, but we won't go down, we won't even be fourth bottom.

How's your radio?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Have you taken to Steve Clarke yet?

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Feb 2015 20:41

The cup is giving him a pass at the moment.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 28 Feb 2015 20:54

I feel he will walk next season if the board don't give him any money

We need a striker, a centre half and a left back

As we've said all season

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Feb 2015 21:06

And a left winger, and a pair of central midfielders who can play effectively together. A better number 10 wouldn't be totally amiss either. Plus another striker.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 01 Mar 2015 07:07

The sooner he walks the better. I can't believe he was lined up as a replacement.
Though as with anyone given the job I hope he succeeds, I just don't think he will.
The Chelsea way is to buy success, not bring players through.

mbb

by mbb » 01 Mar 2015 10:40

I think he is the man to take us forward, next season.

He has been dealt the same poor squad as Adkins,had to rely on a cheap gamble with Yakubu and a Chelsea loanee due to FFP.

I question what Chalobah brings to the team that was not already there between Norwood and Williams in centre midfield.

From his interviews it is refreshing to hear him say it how it is and if I am reading between the lines correctly then hopefully a mass cull is on the way in the summer.

From the present squad I would only keep McCleary, Williams, Hector, and Pearce.

In the past I have had a heavy heart when many players have left, the likes of the 106 team when it broke up, Siggy and Long moving on but since then the lack of interaction between the players and fans has just diminished. Probably leaving me to live in the past.
But how I long for those days to return, now we have tasted them twice, so no pressure Steve Clarke but over to you!!

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 01 Mar 2015 10:43

He hasn't got a clue what he's doing. We are scoring less and now conceding more than under Adkins. We've been playing some of the worst football I've seen.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 Mar 2015 11:53

Extended-Phenotype He hasn't got a clue what he's doing. We are scoring less and now conceding more than under Adkins. We've been playing some of the worst football I've seen.

That's a bit harsh - he's only been here a few weeks and is working with a poor side assembled by the previous 2 managers. The side is also much weaker without Murray and he was not given funds to replace him in the last window. He is also working with several players out of contract soon who will be on their way and have probably been told as much.

It is lucky for us there are three very poor sides at the bottom of the table which will see us safe.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 01 Mar 2015 12:00

I said earlier on this thread that the jury was out for me. Well, they're in now and verdict is a resounding NO.

We're looking very much a bottom three side at the moment and I'm not completely sure we'll be safe. Our only hope is that those sides below us continue being just as shit as us.

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 01 Mar 2015 12:40

windermere_royal just want to say the players rested on Tuesday really looked up nfor the fight today, FFS Clarke let`s get to the safety limit before you go pissing about with the team again.
we really should be ok. but with our present run of form every pojnt will be prescious.

And he can't figure out why we fired him.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Mar 2015 12:51

Is it because he didn't wear a cap with his tracksuit?

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 01 Mar 2015 13:21

sandman Is it because he didn't wear a cap with his tracksuit?

:D :D You may mock but we've only lost once since he came. It looks like you hired January to December 2013 Steve Clarke the tinkerman and unfortunately you haven't got Romelu Lukaku as a fail safe.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Mar 2015 13:28

Mid Sussex Royal
Extended-Phenotype He hasn't got a clue what he's doing. We are scoring less and now conceding more than under Adkins. We've been playing some of the worst football I've seen.

That's a bit harsh - he's only been here a few weeks and is working with a poor side assembled by the previous 2 managers. The side is also much weaker without Murray and he was not given funds to replace him in the last window. He is also working with several players out of contract soon who will be on their way and have probably been told as much.

It is lucky for us there are three very poor sides at the bottom of the table which will see us safe.

A few weeks? It seems much longer than that and the Adkins out brigade were claiming there was very little wrong with the squad. Lack of adequate financial support is true however, which was the same thing suffered by McD (at least in the later stages) and Adkins. Could be not a long wrong with the managers and a significant amount wrong with successive owners, including the one who kicked off the downward spiral in the first place with his desparation to sell and ludicrous terms relating to the first 'sale'.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 01 Mar 2015 14:57

Baggie192
sandman Is it because he didn't wear a cap with his tracksuit?

:D :D You may mock but we've only lost once since he came. It looks like you hired January to December 2013 Steve Clarke the tinkerman and unfortunately you haven't got Romelu Lukaku as a fail safe.

Pffff, but are you in the quarter final of the fa cup?

Actually no that doesn't work

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Mar 2015 15:14

Absolutely ridiculous statement. Utter utter sh1t.

Under Adkins we were getting to HT regularly with not one shot on goal or have u forgotten that? Even at FT a lot of the games only had 1 or 2 attempts on goal. The players were despondent & not playing for him.

Have you forgotten the 5-2 away to Sheff Wed, 0-6 against a League 1 team, 6-1 against Birmingham, losing at home to Barnsley? Please tell me how we are conceding more goals than under Adkins?

There were so many calamitous defensive performances under Adkins..........too many to list

I presume you are trolling because you cannot actually be serious.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Mar 2015 15:18

I wasn't an Adkins fan, but I'm fairly confident he'd have managed at least a point from our last three home games.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Mar 2015 15:24

Pepe the Horseman I wasn't an Adkins fan, but I'm fairly confident he'd have managed at least a point from our last three home games.

Would he have got us to the QF cup & managed away victories at 4 of the current top 8 + a home draw against team sat 2nd in the division?

Lets be fair about this at least............

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Mar 2015 15:29

Almost certainly.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Mar 2015 15:30

Pepe the Horseman Almost certainly not.

363 posts