Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - Bradford

by melonhead » 09 Mar 2015 15:58

especially as we are allowed 9 tickets each if we like :lol:

must be really desper8 to get it full

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 09 Mar 2015 16:04

Bantam Northy It wasn't a classic by anyone's imagination but a good old blood and thunder cup tie. Great atmosphere once again and you lot were much louder than Sunderland. The banner and wreath was a very nice touch and was greatly appreciated by all at BCFC. Would imagine the replay will be a sell out even though it's a Monday night.

Bantam - Any views on the smoke bomb from your side? Plenty of discussion on facebook on whether it was in bad taste and disrespectful.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 09 Mar 2015 16:44

CountryRoyal
RoyallyFcuked I think the fact it was as much of a big game for them as it was for us made it more so. To a big PL side it wouldn't have felt as big against a smaller club like Bradford or Reading (who haven't reached a domestic cup semi final for 90 odd years.)

Does the simod cup not count as a domestic cup then? And Bradford got to the finals of the league cup last season or the season iirc.

Agree with the rest though, and find it very condescending to refer to it as "Bradford's big day out" without acknowledgement of it being ours too - we did take one of our biggest ever away followings in recent times, pretty much shouts "big day out" if you ask me.

I suppose it does :wink: Sorry I wasn't around back then. And my bad, I forgot that doesn't quite apply to them after reaching the League Cup final last season :lol:

What I should have said was, like us, I don't think they have been in an FA Cup Semi Final for 90 or so years or more (in Bradford's case I'm pretty sure they haven't since they won it 100 odd years ago.)

Bantam Northy

by Bantam Northy » 09 Mar 2015 17:12

UpThePrem
Bantam Northy It wasn't a classic by anyone's imagination but a good old blood and thunder cup tie. Great atmosphere once again and you lot were much louder than Sunderland. The banner and wreath was a very nice touch and was greatly appreciated by all at BCFC. Would imagine the replay will be a sell out even though it's a Monday night.

Bantam - Any views on the smoke bomb from your side? Plenty of discussion on facebook on whether it was in bad taste and disrespectful.

It is generally frowned upon as bad taste at VP, especially by people who were at that game back in 1985. It does happen from time to time and it's usually the younger end who don't remember that tragic day. I personally don't think they realise the significance of what they are doing so don't get offended by it but some do.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Mar 2015 17:53

I think Bradford were expecting to be able to bully and out physical us (the higher league prima donnas) in the game and it came as a big shock to them when, from the very first couple of minutes (typified by Chaloba's challenge) it was very clear that we could be every bit as tough and hard, if not more so, than them. Great credit to our players for adapting in that manner.

Even though the game was very hard and physical, it never ever looked dirty or dangerous from either side. Furthermore, none of the players really seemed to whinge when they found themselves on the receiving end. Nor was there any play acting. It was also great to see both sets of players embracing and spending time talking to each other at the final whistle.

The players' sporting behaviour was also mirrored by both sets of fans (with just a small number of lunatic exceptions).

I guess we also ought to give the match officials some credit too for seeing the hard but fair play for what it was and not continually blowing/flagging and dishing out cards.

145 posts