BFTG - Cherries

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

BFTG - Cherries

by John Madejski's Wallet » 14 Apr 2015 22:43

Well today has hopefully showed that two of our players really need to understand they're not very good in their preferred positions......... Obita needs to understand he's better at left back and HRK needs to understand he's actually sh*t

Oh and I'd go gay for Danny.
Amazing what a bit of effort (and gamesmanship from the oppo) can do to inspire a crowd.

But why is our crossing just so woeful? Only HRK's cross for Mackie's chance stood out. Crossing, set pieces, pffffft

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Cherries

by Winston Smith » 14 Apr 2015 22:47

If that was Bournemouth playing well then they will get utterly destroyed if they go up.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 14 Apr 2015 22:49

Winston Smith If that was Bournemouth playing well then they will get utterly destroyed if they go up.

Looked like a team playing on confidence rather than ability. Like us under Brian. So yeah, they will

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 14 Apr 2015 22:51

Winston Smith If that was Bournemouth playing well then they will get utterly destroyed if they go up.

agreed. I think if we had scored they would have fallen apart. Best defeat I have watched in years, play like that on Saturday please :D

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 14 Apr 2015 22:53

Rusty royal

agreed. I think if we had scored they would have fallen apart. Best defeat I have watched in years, play like that on Saturday please :D

Last 20mins we were ok, and about 5 mins in the 1st half.

Rest of the game was turgid imo

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Apr 2015 22:54

Bournemouth never got out of first gear and we still didn't do anything meaningful in front of goal despite plenty of huff and puff.

Oh for the days when we had surpassed clubs like Bournemouth, it really does show how poor this club has become that in two seasons they have beaten us with ease four times. It also goes to show how well you can do with a super rich Russian Billionaire, who actually has money that isnt from monopoly.

Can't wait for Swindon to come up and whack us with ease. :(

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 14 Apr 2015 22:56

sometimes you don`t get what you deserve in this game, bossed it for the duration, but a combination of poor crossing and poor finishing gave them the win. we absolutely battered them

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 Apr 2015 23:03

windermere_royal sometimes you don`t get what you deserve in this game, bossed it for the duration, but a combination of poor crossing and poor finishing gave them the win. we absolutely battered them

This. What a game tonight though. Really enjoyed it. Desperately wanted to p1ss on their promotion party in the 94th min but alas not to be.

Mackie is wasted out wide - get him up top. He's the only finisher we've got at the moment. Ake looks a natural at LB - they got the square root of fcuk all down that side. The less said about HRK the better.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 14 Apr 2015 23:04

Only 2 things to take from today's game 1. Will need to see it again on tv but possibly one of the best saves I've ever seen live. An absolute worldy. 2. The other end of the spectrum. HRK. I need not say anymore

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 Apr 2015 23:06

Bournemouth were utter pcunts.
Hope they come straight back down.
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 14 Apr 2015 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

JIM

by JIM » 14 Apr 2015 23:19

Bmouth to do a swindon then. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blue Label

by Blue Label » 14 Apr 2015 23:26

In a game that meant something to them, thought we matched them.

If we can have a good summer I can't see any reason why we can't be up there next season.

For top of the league, thought they were pretty average to be honest.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 14 Apr 2015 23:27

Feds - 6

Gunter - 5
Pearce - 5
Hector - 7
Ake - 6

Chalobah - 5
Karacan - 6

McCleary - 6
HRK - 1
Obita - 5

Mackie - 5

Same story. Dominated the game but created 0 clear cut chances. Sunday league in the final third & set pieces.

download

by download » 14 Apr 2015 23:27

I think Steve Clarke got it right by sending out the team for Saturday tonight. It must have been tempting to protect the likely starting 11, but I felt they got a kick up the backside in the first 4 minutes and after that upped their game unlike the Blackburn game which was moribund.

The only worry was when I thought Hector might get a red. Fortunately ref saw sense.

At least Clarke doesn't need to worry about dropping Hal Robson Kanu, but has a difficult to decision to make when it comes to Karacan v Danny.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 14 Apr 2015 23:40

A simply stunning 10 man performance for the first 80mins tonight against the league leaders followed by possibly the best 10 minutes of our season when we finally swapped the number 9 shirt for one containing a pulse.

I won't be there on Saturday but fear HRK will be.......................why, given his last 3 performances, only Steve Clarke will know.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 14 Apr 2015 23:44, edited 2 times in total.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 14 Apr 2015 23:41

download At least Clarke doesn't need to worry about dropping Hal Robson Kanu, but has a difficult to decision to make when it comes to Karacan v Danny.

Unfortunately HRK seems to be undropable

I would play Danny and Jem. Same as Andy Williams....4-3-3 with chalobah/danny/jem and Mackie/McCleary/Pog

@sonkimarsson

by @sonkimarsson » 14 Apr 2015 23:49

John Madejski's Wallet
Rusty royal

Last 20mins we were ok, and about 5 mins in the 1st half.

Rest of the game was turgid imo

Agreed with this. But let's be honest......we'd take a turgid game for the full 90 on Saturday!

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 14 Apr 2015 23:50

Woodcote Royal A simply stunning 10 man performance for the first 80mins tonight against the league leaders followed by possibly the best 10 minutes of our season when we finally swapped the number 9 shirt for one containing a pulse.

I won't be there on Saturday but fear HRK will be.......................why, given his last 3 performances, only Steve Clarke will know.

He's been dogshit all season. At the end of this season I will personally average all of the GetReading rate the players results and I guarantee you he will not average above a 5/10.

It's unfair to single him out when there is a squad's worth of drek that needs to be shipped out in the summer.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 15 Apr 2015 00:13

Bournemouth did not look like they had to step out of gear 1!

We only gave it a go last 15 mins! Too many players out there not giving 110%. HRK i am not even going to comment on

Hope SC goes Mackie and Mcleary behind Pog

Karacan/Williams/Nath centre 3

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Apr 2015 00:29

windermere_royal sometimes you don`t get what you deserve in this game, bossed it for the duration, but a combination of poor crossing and poor finishing gave them the win. we absolutely battered them

No point putting crosses in when there's no one in the box to put them away. We don't get enough midfielders in attacking positions supporting the lone striker and we don't play the ball down the middle to compensate for this. As a result we don't create decent chances.

How many times do we see the ball being played across from wing to wing and then back to midfield/defence because we get closed down? It's fairly piss poor unimaginative football.