BFTG - Brentford

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - Brentford

by sandman » 26 Apr 2015 21:48

Plymouth_Royal
Royal Lady Kept bringing back memories of WW2 for me and kept hiding under my seat

Last game for me after 30 years as a ST holder - knew I hadn't missed much in not going hardly at all this season.

The players were all playing last week for a chance to play at Wembley and get themselves in shop window for next season. They don't play for Reading FC as such. Players,like Hector and Cox do appear to have some passion for the club.

Under Coppell and McD I always,got the feeling the player's were a strong unit and playing for the Club and their manager - since McD left, I've not got that impression. I don't know what the problem is, but I'd pay McD whatever it takes to get him back here. Even if we end up selling most of the first team and using our rising stars,from the Academy like Stacey etc.

They could have offered season tickets for £50 and I wouldn't have renewed and I never ever thought I'd say that. I've lost any connection I felt with the players and club previously, even in the old 4th division I enjoyed going and we always at least gave it a go - now we have overpaid prima donnas who just appear to turn up and go through the motions every week.

:cry:

I don't know if you saw any games from McDs managerial stint with us but he does not like youth players. He got lucky with Sigurdsson as Rodgers had already integrated him into the team so it was just a case of adjusting his position.

He will find any golden oldie with experience and play them every week. Look at the treatment A Mac got, dropped for experience if I recall McD saying. It also took him 4 or 5 shite performances from Feds (pretty sure it was nearly one after another) before he dropped him to give him a chance in the Prem.

Christ, if we took him back we would probably give Zat Knight and Anton Ferdinand a 4 year deal.
Not to mention the relentless hoofing and one dimensional tactics.

Well you clearly didn't.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2015 22:49

I'm not sure you could really say the team played for him as a unit in his final season.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Apr 2015 22:21

Just one further comment to make on that pile of shyte served up by Clarke and his bunch of merry men and that is to praise Mackie for his conduct.

After Stacey made the wrong call in not squaring the ball to Cox when he was better placed to score, Cox had a right go at him. Cox wasn't content with just one go in the heat of the moment either (his initial frustration was understandable). He kept yelling and gesticulating at him for some time after. In distinct contrast, Mackie gave Stacey a clap of encouragement and a bit later went over to him and put an arm around him and gave him some more encouragement.

That was the type of reaction you would expect/want from a senior pro and is yet another reason why we should do everything possible to sign Mackie permanently. What's more, we could do a lot worse than make him captain.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Apr 2015 22:25

wingnut
JakeTheRoyal Hate battering Pearce because he loves the club but the first goal was all his fault, just watched as the man crossed the ball. Wouldn't be too suprised if he doesnt get a new contract.

Bollocks. The first goal was all down to Hector - just let Judge wander past him when it was pretty easy to, at a minimum, challenge for the ball.

Just a predictably awful game following an all-too-familiar pattern; lots of tidy but completely ineffective possession, with so little off the ball movement. Countless balls played either behind or just underneath our runners, over hit crosses and multiple touches required before anyone's prepared to have a shot.

The game was made even worse for me by falling off the motorbike on the A33 just before the Mad Stad on the way to the game. A heartfelt thanks to all those who came to my assistance and to whoever it was that called for a paramedic. I was and am fine, just have a very sore left leg and chin. Capped a miserable week for me and the bike after dropping it putting it in the garage after the semi final. Perhaps someone is trying to tell me something...

Saw you there being treated as we walked to the stadium. Wondered at the time whether you were a fan/nobber on the way to the game. Glad you weren't too badly hurt.

sandman
semtex1871
leon
He's dull. I'll give him that.

I wasn't trying to be funny :roll:

The Mad Man got it wrong and said lap of apology instead of lap of appreciation..........

RoyalBlue He's got an awful lot awfully wrong over the past few years! Gooding is concerned that the Mad one has persuaded the Thais that the Reading (Madejski) Way still works and Gooding is convinced it is very much a thing of the past. Even Ady Williams appears to be coming around to that way of thinking.

Except we are failing whilst employing a transfer and contract strategy that is about as far removed from the Reading way as it's possible to be.

No, the rot was started by failing to invest properly prior to that. We are now trying to correct the damage caused by that latter strategy you refer to, which only came about because of the way Madejski cocked up the sale in the first place, by redeploying the Madejski Way, which has also been shown to be defective. As some of us have always argued, the correct, sensible and most likely to be successful approach lies between the two extremes.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 Apr 2015 13:28

Finally watched the goals on TV.

God they were BAD goals, Bad, Bad, Bad, and that was individuals
cocking up.

Hector had a very poor start to the game, quite a few mistakes,
but he was badly suckered for the goal, and looked like an amateur.

Pearce was also badly at fault.

And the second goal also stank.

BTW we did break through and should have scored at least two.

For me it's just shot-confidence. As SC says, they've had three years of disappointment
and the clear out is as much to rid the team of memory as anything else

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 28 Apr 2015 13:39

RoyalBlue Just one further comment to make on that pile of shyte served up by Clarke and his bunch of merry men and that is to praise Mackie for his conduct.

After Stacey made the wrong call in not squaring the ball to Cox when he was better placed to score, Cox had a right go at him. Cox wasn't content with just one go in the heat of the moment either (his initial frustration was understandable). He kept yelling and gesticulating at him for some time after. In distinct contrast, Mackie gave Stacey a clap of encouragement and a bit later went over to him and put an arm around him and gave him some more encouragement.

That was the type of reaction you would expect/want from a senior pro and is yet another reason why we should do everything possible to sign Mackie permanently. What's more, we could do a lot worse than make him captain.

Quite right. What I found so annoying was that Cox himself had done the same thing himself only a few minutes before. Taking out his frustrations on the most junior player on the pitch is not going to earn him anything from Clarke, who presumably knows a fair bit about him already.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Apr 2015 14:06

yep, agreed. disgraceful from cox.

Williams had to go over and give Stacey the 'head up kid, don't listen to him' talk to pick him back up