CONFIMRED - Pog gone to Dynamo Moscow

158 posts
Rollerbob

Re: CONFIMRED - Pog gone to Dynamo Moscow

by Rollerbob » 28 Aug 2015 09:40

Whats even worse about this, is that as it stands, Cox is once again our second best striker. Cox.

Sigh.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 28 Aug 2015 09:41

Unfortunately my enduring memory is of him failing to pass to Mackie with 5 minutes to go in the semi-final when both were bearing down on goal.

Simple, timely,short pass I'm sure would have seen us to our first cup final.

Oh well..................

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 28 Aug 2015 10:17

Lacoste
Winston Smith
Armadillo Roadkill Possibly the highest profile signing ever made by this club

:lol: wtf are you smoking??

Not the most famous player we've signed. But he was hot property having scored a clutch of goals for Fulham the year before, in that sense, he's probably the biggest statement signing we've made Imo. I simply seemed out of our league. Far bigger clubs were looking at him.

signing the captain of a world cup semi final team is less high profile than Pog, a bloke hardly any of you had heard of until 6 months earlier when he played on loan in the top division and scored 6 goals?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 28 Aug 2015 11:25

Like most people here I don’t wish any ill-will towards Pog. He seemed a fairly genuine guy, never complained (in public) and always worked hard on the pitch. He was never the player we all hoped he would be but frankly I think we were expecting too much.

From a financial side though I’m extremely happy to see him go. His wages will cover at least 3 decent, much needed players at our level. Also if we are going to continue playing our current style we’re going to need pace up front rather than finishing ability.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 28 Aug 2015 11:38

Elm Park Kid we’re going to need pace up front rather than finishing ability.

Personally I wouldn`t mind both

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 28 Aug 2015 12:13

Lacoste
genome I think it's safe to say RoyallyFcuked, Lacoste and blueroyals truly define the term "mongboard"

I'll be glad when school starts again.

From a poster who's proven himself over time to be clueless about football :lol:

Just subjective views mate. It's easy to just say someone's shit without looking at the circumstances and just that little bit deeper.

Oh and the 'when does school start' line has been done to death, think of something more original you follower..... bahhhhhhhhh bahhhhhhhh

Corrected for you

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 28 Aug 2015 12:15

windermere_royal
Elm Park Kid we’re going to need pace up front rather than finishing ability.

Personally I wouldn`t mind both

Too true. Wouldn't it be a further retrograde step to get a striker who was v quick and still didn't score!

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 28 Aug 2015 13:29

Have to say I somewhat changed my overall view of POG last season as, once Clarke arrived (the point at which I could face watching once more :| ) there was no lack of effort on his part.

However, even allowing for poor service for much of the time, and not forgetting his quality strike at the Bridge, ultimately, he was a rather limited and grossly over paid striker.

On that basis, I'm happy to wish him well for the future and, needless to say, it's the Grade A twat who signed this club to such a ruinous contract, before daddy took his cheque book away, who should take all the flack here.

Saving £2.5m on the wage bill alone will give us the scope to hire a decent replacement and, it simply beggars belief that there is no shortage of supporters who believe this will not happen even if it's not in hand already.

Following a summer in which our new owners have financed new signings beyond the expectations of optimists like me, is there no limit to the lack of faith some of you have in this club :|

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 28 Aug 2015 13:58

Gordons Cumming Unfortunately my enduring memory is of him failing to pass to Mackie with 5 minutes to go in the semi-final when both were bearing down on goal.

That was not Pog's fault..... Mackie's run was not wide enough, Pog was almost tripping over him :(

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 28 Aug 2015 14:02

He was alright but he should have torn the Championship a new arsehole.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 28 Aug 2015 14:04

Steve_Upper_West
Gordons Cumming Unfortunately my enduring memory is of him failing to pass to Mackie with 5 minutes to go in the semi-final when both were bearing down on goal.

That was not Pog's fault..... Mackie's run was not wide enough, Pog was almost tripping over him :(

Disagree.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Aug 2015 15:47

Mackie's run off the ball was atrocious - he neither found space for the pass nor took away the final defender..

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 28 Aug 2015 17:00

From the official website - Pog's message to fans:

"I wanted to say thanks to the fans for the support. How can I say it, the song Big ****ing Russian is amazing and I don't forget it!

I also want to say thank you to all of the staff, coaches, directors and medical people who have helped me in the last three years. I hope next season Reading start in the Premier League, and with Steve Clarke it is possible because he is a top manager.

Over the three years I have played with good players and made good friends. I had a good relationship with the team in the dressing room and am going to miss everyone. Maybe I will miss the English press as well! Maybe! Speaking seriously, I had a great time at Reading and I spent as long here as at any of the clubs in my career, so it will stay special to me.

What are my highlights? Of course Arsenal at Wembley, we could have done better but that is football and it's all about results. Also the 3-2 win against West Brom in the Premier League, maybe my goal against Chelsea as well.

And off the pitch, I will never forget having to sing a song to the team when I joined the club! Standing on the chair in Portugal singing Yesterday by The Beatles, I have never been so nervous, it was the most nervous day of my life. There are lots of memories for me.

I was told that some fans said nice things about me this week. I hope I tried hard every game and tried hard to put in a good effort. Maybe I didn't score as many as you expected of me but I hope I tried, because we all tried in the team.

It's not easy to leave, even though the English weather is s**t! Actually it's good to play football in, maybe not so good in everyday life! But really, my family and I have been here for four years and we are going to miss it, even though we're going back home to Russia.

спасибо

B.F.R. "

That sign off is terrific. I'm gonna miss him. One of my favourite players.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Aug 2015 17:05

casual swearing in his farewell message, I can't help but like the Pog, wish him all the best.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 28 Aug 2015 17:06

I wanted to say thanks to the fans for the support. How can I say it, the song Big ****ing Russian is amazing and I don't forget it!

I also want to say thank you to all of the staff, coaches, directors and medical people who have helped me in the last three years. I hope next season Reading start in the Premier League, and with Steve Clarke it is possible because he is a top manager.

Over the three years I have played with good players and made good friends. I had a good relationship with the team in the dressing room and am going to miss everyone. Maybe I will miss the English press as well! Maybe! Speaking seriously, I had a great time at Reading and I spent as long here as at any of the clubs in my career, so it will stay special to me.

What are my highlights? Of course Arsenal at Wembley, we could have done better but that is football and it's all about results. Also the 3-2 win against West Brom in the Premier League, maybe my goal against Chelsea as well.

And off the pitch, I will never forget having to sing a song to the team when I joined the club! Standing on the chair in Portugal singing Yesterday by The Beatles, I have never been so nervous, it was the most nervous day of my life. There are lots of memories for me.

I was told that some fans said nice things about me this week. I hope I tried hard every game and tried hard to put in a good effort. Maybe I didn't score as many as you expected of me but I hope I tried, because we all tried in the team.

It's not easy to leave, even though the English weather is s**t! Actually it's good to play football in, maybe not so good in everyday life! But really, my family and I have been here for four years and we are going to miss it, even though we're going back home to Russia.

спасибо

B.F.R.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 28 Aug 2015 17:08

Echo, echo, echo

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Aug 2015 17:08

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 28 Aug 2015 17:10

^ top man. Would humble a lot of his critics. I'll miss him and miss willing him to score!

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 28 Aug 2015 17:12

Pog really is a huge loss, and I feel another nail in our seasons fortunes. Please let us sign another player with similar work ethic and skill, not another unproven = SA, Matt SA, Orlando SA, Fernado SA.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Aug 2015 17:20

Pardon?

158 posts