BFTG . Derby

128 posts
PeterReadingborn59

Re: BFTG . Derby

by PeterReadingborn59 » 17 Sep 2015 12:36

Nameless Odd that the description above is consistent with the action taken by the officials.
What action would you have taken ?
And why would you assume the highly trained neutral professional is wrong whilst the untrained and unqualified partial observer ( who may also be reporting what they believed they saw fairly and without conscious bias ) is right ?

Sorry to correct you Nameless but as per Daily Mail January paper report: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2909239/Top-Premier-League-referees-earn-FIVE-TIMES-Football-League-officials.html
Select Group referees — operating mostly in the Premier League — are believed to earn a basic salary of around £65,000 per year, while they also receive fees in excess of £1,000 per game in the top flight. If they were to officiate 38 games in a season, it would bring their overall pay to more than £100,000.

Referees on the National Group — operating in the Football League — are not on contracts and are paid in the region of £380 a match. They sign up to the National Group on the equivalent of a freelance basis. If they were to officiate the 46 games in a Football League season, they would receive £17,480.

The officials at Championship matches are normally from the National Group and are not "professional".
Last edited by PeterReadingborn59 on 17 Sep 2015 12:41, edited 1 time in total.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Sep 2015 12:37

Nameless It will always be thus.
I don't think the officials always help themselves. I love watching rugby refs who are generally superb at game management but if a football ref tried to adopt the same style they would get nowhere.

Nigel Owens did recently say he'd love to referee a football match, I'd love to see that actually because whenever I've seen him officiate in rugby he is always in control and doesn't take any nonsense.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Sep 2015 12:53

PeterReadingborn59
Nameless Odd that the description above is consistent with the action taken by the officials.
What action would you have taken ?
And why would you assume the highly trained neutral professional is wrong whilst the untrained and unqualified partial observer ( who may also be reporting what they believed they saw fairly and without conscious bias ) is right ?

Sorry to correct you Nameless but as per Daily Mail January paper report: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2909239/Top-Premier-League-referees-earn-FIVE-TIMES-Football-League-officials.html
Select Group referees — operating mostly in the Premier League — are believed to earn a basic salary of around £65,000 per year, while they also receive fees in excess of £1,000 per game in the top flight. If they were to officiate 38 games in a season, it would bring their overall pay to more than £100,000.

Referees on the National Group — operating in the Football League — are not on contracts and are paid in the region of £380 a match. They sign up to the National Group on the equivalent of a freelance basis. If they were to officiate the 46 games in a Football League season, they would receive £17,480.

The officials at Championship matches are normally from the National Group and are not "professional".

And your definition of 'professional' is ?
by plenty of dictionary definitions the officials are professional, and certainly by common usage of the word.

No comment on the pertinent points raised I see. Good deflection techniques in use....

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 Sep 2015 13:06

the term professional used in refereeing terms means this is their sole job, they train from Monday to Friday and officiate at the weekends/midweek. Gone of the days when David Elleray was a headteacher and Howard Webb being a copper, these would be their jobs and refereeing was just a hobby.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Sep 2015 13:27

Jesus. Does every thread on this forum get so tangential or just the ones I post in? :?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Sep 2015 14:28

Neat cross linking to the multi faith prayer room discussion there !

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Sep 2015 14:46

Nameless Neat cross linking to the multi faith prayer room discussion there !

:lol:

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 17 Sep 2015 18:29

Like the referee I never saw the incident-if SA did head but Shackell sending off is undoubtedly correct, however if all he did was go head to head, these are usually let off-If all Shackell did was pull Sa's shirt "off the ball" it could hardly be the yellow he was given.

If Shackell was repeatedly kicking Sa-then as an experienced striker make damn sure the Ref knows about it. A few casual remarks & going down for treatment every time it happens (when the balls up the other end) should do the trick-while Tuesdays Ref was hot on simulation- if Sa goes down two or free times-even a poor Ref (which this guy was -though I have seen worse) would start to think something is going on here & he would keep an eye out for it.

I know in the ideal world Sa going down unnecessarily is not good-but in this Division you have to be smart & clearly Sa wasn't.

Hopefully he will learn from this and SC will guide him on what to do when he gets a CH like Shackell again.

Incidentally I thought Tish would be the player being sent off after getting the yellow so early-but he did manage his game very well after that & for one so inexperienced that was commendable-although the sliding tackle in the penalty area he made in the first half could have all gone very badly-however tribute to the boy. He is twice the player Akpan was.

128 posts