BFTG - Fulham

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Fulham

by leon » 24 Oct 2015 20:18

genome Just about calmed down, now. But still unacceptable.

I can't really add anything more other than I think it may stand the squad in good stead to have experienced it, and Craven Cottage is lovely.

I was in the home end, btw. Royals fans looked and sounded fantastic until the equaliser, after that understandably silent. The Sa chant was deafening and raised some smiles with the Fulham fans.

Craven Cottage is a shithole and full of twattish middle class football fans who haven't got a clue what they are wathcing. Wnakers all of them.

I can say this with absolute certainty as I'm a local and Fulham fans are all twats. Although tbf not Chelsea fans although half of them are closet Chelsea fans. Thanks RFC you massive bellends.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Oct 2015 20:30

Bit sore there leon?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Oct 2015 20:36

genome Bit sore there leon?

No I'm massively happy about getting fisted by these cnuts

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Oct 2015 20:39

:lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Oct 2015 20:47

By the way. I reckon the players will be livid about this, and will be chomping at the bit to get back out there. Reading to smash Brighton 5-0.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 24 Oct 2015 21:09

genome By the way. I reckon the players will be livid about this, and will be chomping at the bit to get back out there. Reading to smash Brighton 5-0.

Let's hope so - it would be great to knock them off their pedestal. A 0-0 draw at home to Preston was hardly a great warm up for them

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 24 Oct 2015 21:22

I blame the pink kit.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 24 Oct 2015 21:57

Can't agree that we looked comfortable at two-nil up. Thought we looked fragile even in the first half and Fulham were tentative allowing us to look better than we actually were. As soon as they came at us we collapsed like a deck of cards.

Lost count of the number of times we gave the ball away, in one five minute spell I think Piazon conceded possession four times each time he touched it and was inexcusably sulking before he was taken off. On one of those occasions it led directly to a Fulham goal as I recall.

People around me were fuming about Piazon's performance and rightly so, that was a shocker.

Norwood was off his game today and I've never seen Hector and McShane play as poorly as that.

Sa's ridiculous celebration after his admittedly superb goal, served only to wind up the Fulham fans, and more importantly their players, and gave them something to kick back against.

Vydra is probably still not fit but he needs to improve fast or that £2.5-million is looking like a poor piece of business.

The only players I thought came out of it with any credit were Williams, who at least kept going, Gunter wasn't too bad, and Sa didn't do much wrong. But the rest were woeful.

We missed Quinn today and dare I say it, HRK.

Credit to the Fulham number 11 Alexander Kacaniklic. He was the best player on the pitch and took us apart. Ironically think he only came on as a sub after a poor tackle, think by Obita, led to one of theirs going off with an injury.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 24 Oct 2015 22:11

Only Reading .....we all know we're going to lose games but it's the way we lose....2-0 up second half then total shambolic copitulation with defending that would shame schoolboys . Massive reality check yes we play some lovely football but we're not bloody Barcelona and the Championship is about graft guts and fight all which today in the second half were nowhere to be seen . The wonderful traveling support of nearly 4000 were really let down today ,let's just hope the players learn a lesson, they should be embarrassed after that so called performance

PrezFez

by PrezFez » 24 Oct 2015 23:07

If you think that I'm a new guy...F*ck you!

Brilliant day...I love away days and I love Craven Cottage ...proper old school ground. Good show from the away fans.

I don't know why Obita is getting away without a bit of flak...he had a shocker. Never close enough to his man...too scared to tackle and never looking like going forward... Give Taylor a run?

Vicky Pollard

by Vicky Pollard » 24 Oct 2015 23:53

How do you give player ratings for that shambles?

8 for all first half

2 for all second half

Threw away a piss easy 3 points

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 25 Oct 2015 00:03

Have to agree with Norfolk Royal, apart from the first 15-20 or so minutes and a 10 minute spell when 3-2 down, never really in charge of the game.

Only observations over and above NR's are that Obita is an absolute shadow of 12-18 months ago, poor this afternoon along with some other fairly non descript games recently and that Blackman had his quietest game of the season so far, kept waiting for the ball allowing his marker to nip in front and steal it off him.

Hopefully a bad day at the office, but we haven't quite been "at it" since the international break. Need a good performance and good result against Real Brighton next week to get things back on track.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Oct 2015 00:08

Wasn't Blackman initially played out of his position.......

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 25 Oct 2015 01:10

Norfolk Royal Can't agree that we looked comfortable at two-nil up. Thought we looked fragile even in the first half and Fulham were tentative allowing us to look better than we actually were. As soon as they came at us we collapsed like a deck of cards.

Yep got to agree with this, the pressure was building and we were looking shaky even before our 2nd, which seemed to come out of nowhere. They just ignored it and then went on to score 4.

Great atmosphere today though, away end very loud. Whilst I like CC as a ground and its location, the Fulham fans singing about the Reading support being shit without any irony after their silent first half and relative silence after coming from 2 down to win 4:2 shows that it's not only Reading fans that can collectively be idiotic mongs.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Oct 2015 03:38

Would encourage anyone who says the Madejski is a quiet atmosphere to go to Craven Cottage to see what real silence from home fans is like.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Oct 2015 07:55

We are truly shocking down that left hand side at the moment. Yes I know Piazon scored and has set up the odd goal but to me he is a luxury player and just goes missing.

Obita had a truly god awful second half and I tell you why... He has done this before and actually
Gunter was the same but they are walking red cards. Ridiculous needless foul in first half which many Fulham fans on way home were calling it a red and by doing that he puts himself under pressure. Second half he was scared to make a tackle when it really mattered, backing off backing off and it literally was hot knife through butter. Hector too can't come out of that second half with much glory either.

It was great intricate football first half but they need to get a shot away quicker. We are not Arsenal yet!

Having said all that... If we were not still celebrating when we scored our second and they walked their first goal in... We would of won that.

Crazy game, frustrating, lets beat Brighton.

Oh and Clarke - put Mccleary back into that team please.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Oct 2015 07:56

sandman Would encourage anyone who says the Madejski is a quiet atmosphere to go to Craven Cottage to see what real silence from home fans is like.

Absolutely...

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Oct 2015 08:02

Oh and another thing... No way is Ferdinand back in full training and if he is, he's injured again.

The walk across the pitch at the end consoling players looked painful for him.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 25 Oct 2015 08:18

Agree with PTR's point above. Both our full backs were booked in the first half, pretty needlessly, and that put pressure on them for the rest of the game holding back their tackles. When Obita was booked early I would have been inclined to sub him at half time and put Taylor on, assuming he was on the bench. Would have taken some of the pressure away but you rarely see managers doing that early in the game.

Would think it is worth giving Taylor a run now as he looks pretty accomplished every time I've seen him. Only other point I would reiterate as PTR has already alluded to it, is that some of our play looks good but was too intricate at times and the ball was given away too often.

Once it got congested in the middle as we attacked there was no out ball to spread the play. It was crying out for some width which was not there unfortunately. We move on.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 25 Oct 2015 08:59

Shame we cannot put the clocks back one DAY and try again !

That was embarrassing.... :oops: