BFTG Huddersfield (H)

155 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Huddersfield (H)

by genome » 04 Nov 2015 14:25

The Ipswich and Middlesbrough BFTG threads both got more replies than the Derby and Fulham losses, so I'm not sure about that one floyders.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Nov 2015 14:32

I had a search back on my comments this season, below are a selection:

This has the potential to be one of our better sides. :lol: perhaps I jumped the gun somewhat myself:lol:

Ipswich (H): We played some excellent football. Given the investment this summer a top 6 finish must be the minimum requirement but we've made an impressive start and congratulations must go to all involved.

Brentford (A): Lovely stuff. (my words, not the words of Shakin' Stevens).

Nonsense to say that I have nothing positive to say. In fact, i only deal in realism and I reiterate:

Given the investment this summer a top 6 finish must be the minimum requirement

We are on course to do that. But I have heard some less than glowing reports on some of those new signings (Piazon, Sa, the goalkeepers) and it seems that a hitherto unforseen improvement in Nick Blackman's end product (for which Clarke must take some credit) might have given us a bit of false hope as to the quality and staying power of this squad :?:

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 04 Nov 2015 14:37

Chris Powell sacked by Huddersfield after the game. Apparently the board wanted him to put more faith in their youth players, which he actually did last night. Odd decision as I thought they looked decent.

McShane motm for me.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 04 Nov 2015 14:39

Ian Royal
Extended-Phenotype Seeing a lot of people put forward Fernandez as a potential midfield fix. I was under the impression he was more of an attacking player. What did I miss?

Seeing any of his appearances and reading anything about him?

:|

So I'm like you only without all the phoney and overplayed "from where I was sat", "brr it was chilly wasn't it?", exposition.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Nov 2015 14:45

floyd__streete Given the investment this summer a top 6 finish must be the minimum requirement

The praise doesn't need to come with a caveat though. I get that you're dealing in realism but sometimes it's nice to just praise the team and be done with it without setting them a minimum requirement. Like your Brentford comments :shock:

I agree that a top six finish should be expected, but my main point is that after drawing and losing two, there's no need to say the wheels are coming off and that we might end up mid-table, and then criticise others for jumping the gun.

Harsh on Sa by the way, who I think has been excellent so far.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 04 Nov 2015 15:18

i'm not altogether sure why a Top 6 finish should be seen as a minimum anyway.

I'd expect us to be challenging but It's not like we're the only team to have brought in new players.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 04 Nov 2015 15:40

floyd__streete Interesting also to see Clarke getting a lot of stick. His so-so record at WBA and his mediocre record here suggests that he is not a top manager by any stretch of imagination.

Interesting also to see Floyd getting a lot of stick. His so- so record on AE and his mediocre record here suggests that he is not a top poster by any stretch of imagination.

re Clarke's so- so record, in his first season WBA finished eighth in the
Premiership. He was sacked when they were 16th in the following December.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Nov 2015 16:08

I think Clarke deserves criticism yesterday for his team selection but by the same token deserves credit for making the double change at half time.

Based on the performances yesterday I'd like the team vs Cardiff to be, barring injuries:

Al Habsi
Gunter - McShane, Ferdinand, Taylor
Williams, Norwood, Fernandez
John, Sa, Blackman

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 04 Nov 2015 16:14

Mcshane spent the last 10 minutes clutching his groin, I don't expect to see him at the weekend.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Nov 2015 16:20

Looked like a ruptured testicle to me.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Nov 2015 16:22

Did he let you examine it afterwards :?:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Nov 2015 16:24

Just noticed it as it was pounding against my chin.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Nov 2015 16:30

ZacNaloen Mcshane spent the last 10 minutes clutching his groin, I don't expect to see him at the weekend.

Yeah I considered just assuming he would be out, if he is which is likely, it would be Hector + Ferdinand combo instead.

Warfield North Stand

by Warfield North Stand » 04 Nov 2015 16:33

Heineken £5 a pint in the hotel before the game. My night never recovered.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Nov 2015 16:35

I went to a bar in Holborn that charged £6 for a pint of Stella and it was from a can in the fridge.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 04 Nov 2015 16:36

genome
floyd__streete Given the investment this summer a top 6 finish must be the minimum requirement

The praise doesn't need to come with a caveat though. I get that you're dealing in realism but sometimes it's nice to just praise the team and be done with it without setting them a minimum requirement. Like your Brentford comments :shock:

I agree that a top six finish should be expected, but my main point is that after drawing and losing two, there's no need to say the wheels are coming off and that we might end up mid-table, and then criticise others for jumping the gun.

Harsh on Sa by the way, who I think has been excellent so far.

Like the Thais but what investment?? £1m for Sa £2.5 for Vydra less £4m for Hector. Saved on some big wages also so wages for new players probably balances out. Would have thought net investment below £1m

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG Huddersfiekd

by LUX » 04 Nov 2015 16:37

Page 2 would be nice. Here are some talking points.

I thought the ref interrupted Blackman because the Huddersfiekd player came on without a number on his shirt? No- one else see that?

Did not like the Huddersfiekd team's time wasting tactics with the water bottles. Twice. It was not Qatar out there last night ffs.

Errr........ Their goalie really should not have been beaten at his near post last night for the first goal. Second one too? I was up the other end .

Theakstons (?) beer in the concourse far too cold.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 04 Nov 2015 16:42

Snowball
LWJ
paddy20
Obita - lost confidence since not being automatic choice. Cant go past his man, NEVER a winger!

Obita beat his man more times last night than he has all season.

Agreed. And if he played LW in front of Taylor at
least we'd be solid down that side.

Exactly more times last night than all season. Hardly a resounding reason for calling him a winger. Real wingers beat there man generally in every game. We also tried him in midfield and he was awful. Good Left back and nothing else. Just bad last night. But so were Williams, Vydra and Piazzon. Agree Taylor better at the moment.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 04 Nov 2015 16:53

You're onto a winner with the 'Theakston too cold' scandal Lux.

Should easily see you bag a two pager.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 04 Nov 2015 16:56

Too right. It was so cold I could not finish it by the end of HT, and you are not allowed to take it back to your seat.

155 posts