When Will Clarke Go?

BonBoh

Re: When Will Clarke Go?

by BonBoh » 04 Dec 2015 10:20

Well done RFC. Given the circumstances this was the correct decision.
I had been fully supportive of Clarke until the moment he went to speak to Fulham. What a kick in the teeth that will have been for the likes of McShane and Quinn, who specifically put on record that they only joined Reading because of Clarke's ambition to include them in building a side that would get promotion. Just 4 months later that same man (Clarke) turns his head elsewhere and then goes on record to claim that his actions were 'professional'. How on earth anybody, let alone the players, could take Clarke seriously after that, I do not know.

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 04 Dec 2015 10:23

CountryRoyal Friday morning.

:D

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Dec 2015 11:34

floyd__streete Well, with the club on the cusp of a play off place he certainly won't be fired. And while we are in with a chance of reaching aforementioned play-offs he won't jack it in, unless a bigger/better club comes in for someone with a trackrecord as mediocre as his (seems unlikely).

So, realistically speaking he isn't going anwyhere and you should probably all just get a bit of a grip tbh.

lol

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Dec 2015 11:39

BonBoh Well done RFC. Given the circumstances this was the correct decision.
I had been fully supportive of Clarke until the moment he went to speak to Fulham. What a kick in the teeth that will have been for the likes of McShane and Quinn, who specifically put on record that they only joined Reading because of Clarke's ambition to include them in building a side that would get promotion. Just 4 months later that same man (Clarke) turns his head elsewhere and then goes on record to claim that his actions were 'professional'. How on earth anybody, let alone the players, could take Clarke seriously after that, I do not know.

The players are professionals and aren't guided by the same hormonal thoughts about loyalty that fans are. The fact McShane and Quinn walked out on Hull immediately after relegation instead of sticking around tells you all you need to know about their attitude.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Dec 2015 11:53

CountryRoyal Friday morning.

Predicted we'd lose 0-1 yesterday and he'd get sacked this morning.

8) 8) 8)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Dec 2015 11:53

Probably should've put some money on it m7

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Dec 2015 12:10

genome Probably should've put some money on it m7

I know right...

Oh welL, him going is reward enough for me.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Dec 2015 18:59

floyd__streete I will be surprised if he is sacked before the clocks go forward as long as we maintain a challenging position in this mediocre division.

Wahey :lol: I thangyew 8)

I think I underestimated just how much contempt the Board had for Clarke. Noted that the statement clearly stated he had been dismissed rather than hide behind other phrases such as 'mutual consent'.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Dec 2015 11:02

Oilroyal From the Dellor interview tonight I also got the feeling that he doesn't care. We should have pissed all over QPR tonight. But apparently we need to try new things on the training ground!

Good slap in the face from Williams at the end though. Can't help but think that the media have been given the nod from Howe to put him under pressure. CW is at it all the time and rightly so.

Steve Brown was interviewed on BBCRB last night and was complaining bitterly about an interview he'd heard one journalist do with Clarke the night before. He reckoned that Clarke should have walked out of the interview. Having read the transcript of his interview, I reckon the 'villain' was Charles Watts. So well done Charles - he got exactly what he deserved. You said it how it was, unlike Dellor who talks big and then bottles it, leaving Ady to take over.

And Ady, he was never going to answer the question phrased that way. Perhaps you should have tried - 'If in the coming weeks you are offered the opportunity to sign a top experienced Championship keeper, would you take it?'

As for the prediction, I claim 'foul' as I wasn't factoring in Al-Habsi deciding to give all three points to the fakies!

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 05 Dec 2015 13:09

I reckon Al Habsi has had a few quid on Clarke getting booted on Friday.

oxford-nick

by oxford-nick » 08 Dec 2015 14:35

I hope they get rid of clarke soon