BFTG - QPR

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - QPR

by leon » 04 Dec 2015 00:41

sandman
genome
Gunny Fishcake As one of the poor souls there tonight this was as bad as its been for a long time. The club and team are engulfed in this deep depression that is slowing wringing the life out of our football club.

Calm down you massive helm

Things were fine a couple of months ago. Players don't want to play for Clarke, he should move on.

That's all.

Who said that? Fans have an issue with the manager and automatically assume the players feel the same way. Not heard a single player say or indicate that they don't want to play for the manager. We are on a bad run of form, that started before the manager talked to Fulham and the players were clearly trying tonight.

Players rarely come out and say they won't play for a manager.

The listless performances speak volumes, however.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Dec 2015 00:46

Blackman and Vydra certainly look unenthused. I doubt they want him out, i just don't think any of them are lifted or inspired by him. I mean, they must know his days are numbered. They'll have seen it often enough.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 04 Dec 2015 00:47

Steve_Upper_West Well that was disappointing, although not entirely unexpected but never mind.......

.......we are are getting a big new screen to improve our match day experience :shock:

Perhaps they could show the Fulham games on it?

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 04 Dec 2015 06:40

Christ, that was an awful game.
It's clear now that September was the blip. We've now regressed to the norm of the end of last season - endless sideways passes along the half way line with no forward movement (or at least no one risking a forward pass to someone making a run), no injection of pace and still no width.
Can't say that either side deserved the win but QPR had upped their tempo towards the end and when they scored I thought it had been coming. We didn't manage a single shot on target all game. At home. Not once did Green have to make a save worthy of the name.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 04 Dec 2015 06:49

The dour personality of the manager and his lack commitment to Reading is rubbing off on the team.
The fair-weather supporters wont be rocking up anytime soon whilst we are playing boring, clueless football like last night.
Surely the board will understand that is an issue and make a change before its to late.

Couldn't really see the goal as we were up the other end, but its hardly surprising the keeper is at fault as he has at least one howler a game.

Not good. I am now officially a member of the Clarke Out brigade

Delboy

by Delboy » 04 Dec 2015 07:11

At the beginning of the season we had a high tempo, last night we were slow at throw ins, goal kicks etc allowing a poor QPR to get behind the ball. Clarke is another Guthrie no loyalty, I know it will be expensive to get rid of him and his team . But the season is salvageable we have a good squad only need a couple of January additions. Long phone call to Thailand Mr Howe!

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 04 Dec 2015 07:26

Ian Royal Blackman and Vydra certainly look unenthused. I doubt they want him out, i just don't think any of them are lifted or inspired by him. I mean, they must know his days are numbered. They'll have seen it often enough.

I think they look less than enthused about eachother. Blackman doesnt want to pass to him and Vydra is getting pissed off with it.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 04 Dec 2015 07:42

I brought the missus to her first ever game to celebrate my birthday and even her analysis seemed pretty conclusive: "well they take too long to decide what they're going to do so it's obvious to the opposition where the ball is going."

For those who think Clarke will get sacked, I'm afraid I doubt he will. The owners already paid off Adkins and are supposedly making money available for January, I doubt there's enough left to pay off Clarke as well.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Dec 2015 07:51

Looks like going to bed after an hour rather than continuing watching the stream on bet365 was a good call then.

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 04 Dec 2015 08:02

loyalroyaldaz
Ian Royal Blackman and Vydra certainly look unenthused. I doubt they want him out, i just don't think any of them are lifted or inspired by him. I mean, they must know his days are numbered. They'll have seen it often enough.

I think they look less than enthused about eachother. Blackman doesnt want to pass to him and Vydra is getting pissed off with it.

Blackman doesn't want to pass to anyone that's the problem. A gifted footballer, yes, but his inability to see a better option available to him will be his Achilles heel.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 04 Dec 2015 08:22

That was not the worst Reading performance I've seen. 5s and 6s all round. Plenty of effort - Vydra worked incredibly hard, McCleary, Williams, Taylor and Norwood were all good. Ferdinand is outstanding. Hector is like a comedy act at times. Feel so sorry for Al-Habsi, who until his disaster was putting in a really good all round performance - but that's the life of the goalkeeper - command your area, distribute brilliantly, then one howler and boom! you're the world's worst goalkeeper who cost us three points.

But it was lots of individuals and very little real team. And I think we all know whose job it is to knit together individual skills into a coherent whole.

The torrent of vitriol after the game means it clearly is time for Clarke to go. I can't see a way back for him, and its sounded like he can't either.

I just hope against hope that Howe has got a good replacement ready to be unveiled at the weekend. A manager that will bring some dignity back to the club.
Last edited by Armadillo Roadkill on 04 Dec 2015 08:23, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Dec 2015 08:22

ILoveMoonPig I brought the missus to her first ever game to celebrate my birthday and even her analysis seemed pretty conclusive: "well they take too long to decide what they're going to do so it's obvious to the opposition where the ball is going."

For those who think Clarke will get sacked, I'm afraid I doubt he will. The owners already paid off Adkins and are supposedly making money available for January, I doubt there's enough left to pay off Clarke as well.

In which case sod the signings in January, Clarke will only waste that money on another player he doesn't play or doesn't fit into whatever system he is trying to work with.

Fire the useless charlatan Clarke (who has done F all as a manager) and get someone decent in. Apart from the keepers, this squad is more than good enough for a decent manager to be able to get a good strong run of results from.

CrowthorneRoyal

by CrowthorneRoyal » 04 Dec 2015 08:23

How many times did Hector attempt to clear the ball and it ended up going straight up and down!!! And thats when he actually made contact with the ball. Its bad enough that he plays, even worse that he is made captain!

Did anyone else spot Ferdinand and Colin have a bit of a barney in the centre of the pitch after the game?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 04 Dec 2015 08:24

sandman We are on a bad run of form, that started before the manager talked to Fulham

Do you think talking to Fulham helped? And is Clarke also not responsible for the games before Fulhamgate?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Dec 2015 08:40

There was a time when we’d have enjoyed mocking clubs such as QPR for spending vast sums assembling sides full of mediocre, disinterested mercernaries. Guess what.....that is exactly what we have at Reading these days and now we’ve arrived at that point there is very little prospect of reverting back to the days when we used to scout young and hungry players such as Kitson, Shorey, Doyle etc. Where are the players from the much-hyped Academy? Only Hector started last night, and he’s a Chelsea player these days anyway (his headless performance should guarantee him a place in Mourinho’s 2015/16 failures). Why is Samuel out on loan, surely he can’t possibly be any worse than Orlando Sa? I don’t really like or care about any of the XI we started last night, frankly.

A dreadful football match, no real quality on show. Reading had no pace in the team, no width and Vydra was horribly isolated. Poor tactically and in the last 15 minutes or so it was QPR doing all the pressing, not good enough at home to a team who hadn’t scored in 5 league away matches. Our team of loan players and journeymen looked de-motivated and dispirited throughout, it was absolute dirge in front of a tiny crowd. I have paid to watch one Reading home league game in a season and a half. That won’t be changing any time soon as I don’t want to waste a decent wedge of money watching mercenaries led by an uninspiring manager at a ground owned by property developers. And the sad thing is, increasing numbers of people will feel the same way. I feel sorry for those who attend every week out of blind loyalty, some of whom are very good friends of mine who tell me ruefully that it is this bad every time.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 04 Dec 2015 09:00

I feel exactly the same way.

Insipid performance, by the way (watched via my PC, until I could stand it no more).

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 04 Dec 2015 09:10

We've been shit since the start of October. Time to get rid.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 04 Dec 2015 09:11

Bond never deserved to lose his place, and should quite rightly come back in for Preston.

Blackman as a CF is stupid, SA needs to start. Almost think Blackman should be dropped for a front 4 of Sa, Vydra, Mcleary and HRK

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 04 Dec 2015 09:11

He put out a team not to lose. It nearly worked but if our only ambition is to get a point off of a poor team like QPR then we have a big problem. Seems he can't combine defensive with attack at the same time

Habsi - 5 (7 if not for the regular howler) - Does he need contact lenses as he seems to miss everything close up?
Gunter - 5 passing so negative and predictable
Taylor - 5 adequate but believe Obita better as he has some pace
Ferdinand - 6
Hector - 4 So many mistakes in him but at least he got involved a lot at both ends
Macleary - 6 no support
Sanchez -5 ineffective, can't tackle powder puff!
Williams -3 Terrible game. Powder puff tackling. Over ran everything.
Norwood - 6 best of midfield bunch
Vydra -6 Nothing came off again and poor control. Needs much better support
Blackman -5 Back to normal again unfortunately

Massive gap between midfield and attack. Midfield hardly won a tackle or header sometimes no challenge at all. No understanding up front
This must be one of the softest teams we have had for a long time. Hurry back Quinny and Tish!!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Dec 2015 09:16

Truly awful, it's like Adkins is back at the club but at least with Nigel you could argue he didn't have the talent in the squad.

That load of turgid unimpressive crap is, sadly, exactly what we are currently about and what we have come to expect for the last two months. I mean how can you play a side as poor as QPR at home and totally fail to have any shots on target, Rob Green might as well stayed at home and got some sleep, like most of the others watching it at home.

There'll be next to no-one turning up for the Blackburn shambles (and we all know it will be) which will follow the lack of points gained on two miserably long away trips.

And to whoever is in charge in January please BUY A KEEPER.