Back from the sofa - Brentford (H)

165 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from the sofa - Brentford (H)

by Ian Royal » 30 Dec 2015 14:11

RoyalBlue And now the 'experts' on here throw around a load of stats to try to justify that they really do know better than successive Wales, Forest and Reading managers when it comes to judging Gunter's ability and contribution to the teams that he plays for.

No offence, but holding up three Reading Managers who who failed during Gunter's time at the club... one who played Cummings over him in the PL and then signed a replacement because he wasn't good enough... isn't a great argument.

And what exactly are the other choices for Wales? They may all be terrible. He's not awful or anything. He's just not actually very good.

I'd have taken Kelly over him any day of the week to play right back. But I'm sure he's a really nice guy.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 30 Dec 2015 18:09

Doesn't Gunter play as one of three centre backs for Wales these days as Jazz Richards plays right back?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 30 Dec 2015 18:18

Ian Royal
RoyalBlue And now the 'experts' on here throw around a load of stats to try to justify that they really do know better than successive Wales, Forest and Reading managers when it comes to judging Gunter's ability and contribution to the teams that he plays for.

No offence, but holding up three Reading Managers who who failed during Gunter's time at the club... one who played Cummings over him in the PL and then signed a replacement because he wasn't good enough... isn't a great argument.

And what exactly are the other choices for Wales? They may all be terrible. He's not awful or anything. He's just not actually very good.

I'd have taken Kelly over him any day of the week to play right back. But I'm sure he's a really nice guy.

Also don't forget that Spurs soon shipped him out when they realised he was not what they hoped he would be.
My Forest mate wasn't at all disappointed when he left them for us -was it really for £2million?
As for Wales remember that Simon Church has been either a starter or a back-up for years-say no more.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 30 Dec 2015 18:20

Who's the other decent welsh right back he's keeping out the national team ??

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 30 Dec 2015 18:26

You obviously choose to ignore the 3 outstanding saves by Al Habsi when Neil Lennon and his boys came to town? Or are you just a biased idiot?[/quote]

Believe it or not he's paid to make saves, he also contrived to let them back into a game in which they were dead and buried ! He let the team down on more than one occasion, shame Bonzo was injured we wouldn't be in this mess ... Biased as in stating the facts yep[/quote]

You choose to ignore your own comment then - "unlike Oops Habsi". I have demonstrated how you were wrong and you fail to respond to that, instead you go on another red herring rant. I think we can see what level of intellect we are dealing with. I am out.[/quote]

Are you pissed ?!

165 posts