Back from the sofa - Brentford (H)

165 posts
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the sofa - Brentford (H)

by PieEater » 28 Dec 2015 18:25

Yet another game where we dominate possession and chances, and then lose to the only shots on our goal.
Our defence is utter shit and in particular Bond - a shambles of a keeper. I really can't remember him making an actual save, every shot on our goal goes in.

Then to see Button come out and catch crosses from corners, and look completely in control of his box, just shows what shit we are used to.

Three good goals, ours was like Arsenal with some close play around the box and a good finish. I wonder about the subs - Liburd did absolutely nothing so I hope that's the last we see of him for a while - Sa would have been a better option.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Dec 2015 18:27

Lmfao, Bond had no chance with either goal, you spanner

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 28 Dec 2015 18:27

Unlike some of the earlier posts I was actually at the game and have just got back.

Before all the moronic HRK haters get going I will just say that I thought he had an excellent first half. He and John were our best two players first half. Brian McD confirmed in his interview on BBCRB just now that he asked HRK to give his all first half so he could bring on Vydra fresh second half. HRK did everything asked of him and did have one good chance to open the scoring.

Overall I thought Brentford were actually a good "team". They played as a unit and came for a win. In fact they are the first team this season to really go for it (Derby and QPR were both a tad lucky). I thought it was a very good game to be honest and both sides played well.

We just seem to lack cohesion and a certain amount of luck right now. But Brian’s track record for building a “team” is good and given time I am sure we will start to win games - but most likely it will not be promotion this season as we will now do very well to even reach the play offs.

I could not fault the effort today from all 14 who played, although Piazon still looks too lightweight to me. I thought Williams and Norwood were excellent and the rest tried hard. Liburd looks like he might have something about him.

On to the next game.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Dec 2015 18:31

genome Lmfao, Bond had no chance with either goal, you spanner

Plus their keeper generally looked hopeless in terms of distribution, in fact i think he was actually worse than Bond who has been noticeably improving in that area

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 28 Dec 2015 18:33

genome Lmfao, Bond had no chance with either goal, you spanner

Only saw the 1st close up - totally the midfield / defence fault. How much do these guys get paid to just let someone wander through and take a shot?

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 28 Dec 2015 18:34

Got back into the game-then Brian screwed it up-what was he thinking of bringing on Liburd-we just needed to keep it tight for ten minutes then go again.

Bond 6: Nothing to do really.
Gunter 5: Too soft again when it mattered.
Quinn 5: Got found out today as a left back, but some good interceptions
Mc Shane 5: Found it another tough day
Hector 7: Played pretty well
Williams 5: Tried hard but his poor technique kills us
Piazon 7: Pretty good but I can understand why he was taken off
John 6 : Nobody knows what you are going to get least of all his team mates
Blackman 4: Couldn't be bothered the Blackman of old-apart from the free kick.
Kanu 5 : Tried hard but too slow
Norwood 6: Some wonder passes-but a few were off the radar

Vydra 4: A luxury we can ill afford
G Mac 7 : Much better today
Liburd 2: Oh dear-clearly not ready for this level

Ref: Totally absurd isn't he a Prem Ref as well ?

Brentford-far more limited than I expected-but they do tough it out when required & obviously knew all about Quinn playing out of position.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Dec 2015 18:34

Norwood's fault for me, could've easily made a challenge on him. Great strike though.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Dec 2015 18:35

As usual it was a culmination of errors. Piazon for not being strong enough and Quinn's positioning was poor I felt. Someone should have stopped him.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 28 Dec 2015 18:35

andrew1957 Unlike some of the earlier posts I was actually at the game and have just got back.

Before all the moronic HRK haters get going I will just say that I thought he had an excellent first half. He and John were our best two players first half. Brian McD confirmed in his interview on BBCRB just now that he asked HRK to give his all first half so he could bring on Vydra fresh second half. HRK did everything asked of him and did have one good chance to open the scoring.

Overall I thought Brentford were actually a good "team". They played as a unit and came for a win. In fact they are the first team this season to really go for it (Derby and QPR were both a tad lucky). I thought it was a very good game to be honest and both sides played well.

We just seem to lack cohesion and a certain amount of luck right now. But Brian’s track record for building a “team” is good and given time I am sure we will start to win games - but most likely it will not be promotion this season as we will now do very well to even reach the play offs.

I could not fault the effort today from all 14 who played, although Piazon still looks too lightweight to me. I thought Williams and Norwood were excellent and the rest tried hard. Liburd looks like he might have something about him.

We move on to the next game.

Fixed it for you :D

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Dec 2015 18:37

RG7Fan
andrew1957 Unlike some of the earlier posts I was actually at the game and have just got back.

We move on to the next game.

Fixed it for you :D

Actually Brian hasn't said that yet....

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Dec 2015 18:37

Westwood52 Mc Shane 5: Found it another tough day

Some strange ratings you've got there, these being the pick of the bunch.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Dec 2015 18:38

I don't think Quinn could've as there was a man just outside him. Norwood had a clear opportunity to go in and make a tackle, Hector could've too as McShane was dealing with Vibe.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Dec 2015 18:39

CountryRoyal

Some strange ratings you've got there, these being the pick of the bunch.

Think westwood52 was watching from an inverse universe.... still that's what makes it so worthwhile debating after games.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 28 Dec 2015 18:40

Seriously? :shock:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Dec 2015 18:40

genome I don't think Quinn could've as there was a man just outside him. Norwood had a clear opportunity to go in and make a tackle, Hector could've too as McShane was dealing with Vibe.

No you're probably right tbf. Had he gone out to challenge Woods he would have just threaded it to the right to the free attacker. No one really expected him to score from there.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Dec 2015 18:40

A few observations today:

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Once again it was frustrating watching pass-pass-pass-pass-lose-ball-to-opposition.... How are goals usually scored? By smashing the ball towards goal. How many times did we test their keeper who looked shakey from the start?

Corners

I had noticed this and I know others have before. Stat on BBCRB is 150+ corners with zero goals. The same can probably be said for free kicks and throw ins.

We seem to just not use these set plays to our advantage.

Hector

Once again showing why he should leave. I'm getting to the stage of hating this guy. I've described him before as "stealing a place in the starting line up". My view remains the same.

Other matters

I was astounded by the volume of people leaving today just after the sending off. Yea it wasn't great and people do leave early (I have once or twice) but it was just a mass exodus. Just an observation really.

Some guy behind me chanting "booooring booooring Brian..." - funny as things have not been boring since he arrived (just 3 games ago), they've been more exciting despite results.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Dec 2015 18:41

But again, those kinds of mistakes aren't usually punished with a goal... absolutely fantastic strike.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Dec 2015 18:43

genome But again, those kinds of mistakes aren't usually punished with a goal... absolutely fantastic strike.

Agree, sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say fair play. He still shouldn't have been allowed to shoot so freely though but the midfield definitely went walkies.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 28 Dec 2015 18:44

Whether HRK did ok or not, he is not a lone striker. He's the only player still here that was in the first team when Brian was last here so clearly he's already his favourite. Brian and his favourites, nothing new there.

Hector now being banned is a blessing, get Cooper in the team. He has proved on several occasions he is as good as what we have now and will only get better by playing. Can easily be a better defender than Hector.

What's the deal with Orlando? Only on the bench for how many games now? He is the best forward to have on the pitch when Vydra is playing.

Quinn as a left back? Come on, really? He is being wasted there.

With Tshibola now back get him in the starting 11 with Norwood and Quinn in the midfield 3. Go back to what was working, 4-3-3. Can't see it happening though.

Maybe John, Vydra and Blackman as the front 3 next game? McCleary and Sa to come on as subs at first and see what happens. Got to be better than this shit 4-2-3-1, it wasn't working under Clarke and it isnt working now.
Last edited by RoyallyFcuked on 28 Dec 2015 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 28 Dec 2015 18:47

Brian needs to get the Reading of old back

High pressing
Proper wingers
Crosses into the box
A old fashioned centre forward
Dangerous from corners/free kicks

People moaning about McD already are deluded, he's only been here for 3 games and probably only seen the players train three or four times

165 posts