How impressed are you with BMcD's return to the club?

2058 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: How impressed are you with BMcD's return to the club?

by sandman » 26 Jan 2016 11:14

Victor Meldrew
Hampshire Royal Just out of interest, why do you call Robson-Kanu 'Kanu'. It's part of his name, for sure, but it's not his name. Seems a bit disrespectful, if you ask me.

I thought he played really well yesterday, and was part of the reason why we had a good second-half against a good team.

Disrespectful?
This is a player who has one good game in 20 and disrespects the fans of my club by not trying very hard and not scoring any league goals.

How is he disrespecting Liverpool fans?

Chelsea/Royal

by Chelsea/Royal » 26 Jan 2016 11:43

I see the team trying harder as a unit. I see more positivity from the manager, he changes things when they need changing ( although why he bothers with Piazon is beyond me ).

Gunter is getting forward more, HRK is putting in a shift, and I like the way he is helping Vydra, positive reinforcement.

We had none of that with SC, the man that went 5 at the back against Bolton remember!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 26 Jan 2016 13:18

Chelsea/Royal I see the team trying harder as a unit. I see more positivity from the manager, he changes things when they need changing ( although why he bothers with Piazon is beyond me ).

!

Wasn't it said that if he plays, Chelsea pay his wages,
if he doesn't play it costs us 30K or summat?

His goals/assists for time played is actually quite decent

Chelsea/Royal

by Chelsea/Royal » 26 Jan 2016 13:22

Granted, a great free kick against Huddersfield.

Too lightweight for me, and him an Vydra don't seem to work together.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 26 Jan 2016 13:30

Not very

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 26 Jan 2016 14:12

Chelsea/Royal Granted, a great free kick against Huddersfield.

Too lightweight for me, and him an Vydra don't seem to work together.

defo lightweight, but have seen signs that he'll make a decent professional under brian.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 26 Jan 2016 14:20

His inability to foul that Forest player on one of the counters that lead to their goal was infuriating

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Jan 2016 16:13

Snowball
Chelsea/Royal I see the team trying harder as a unit. I see more positivity from the manager, he changes things when they need changing ( although why he bothers with Piazon is beyond me ).

!

Not that I've read. That was supposedly the deal for Chalobah last season though. Perhaps it's standard terms for Chelsea though so who really knows.

Piazon has looked good at times when played in behind Vydra and they link up pretty well. He's a bit too easy to kick out of the game though so I can see the frustration. He's your typical luxury player but without too much of the creativity you hope to get when carrying them.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 26 Jan 2016 17:20

Gunter is getting forward more, HRK is putting in a shift, and I like the way he is helping Vydra, positive reinforcement.

We had none of that with SC, the man that went 5 at the back against Bolton remember!

short memory you have. Quinn and McShane on record saying players let SC down. BM may throw numbers forward when we are getting dicked by average opposition, but he seems unable to defend a lead hence 8 from 21.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 26 Jan 2016 17:28

Longhorn1970 but he seems unable to defend a lead hence 8 from 21.

Which games have we gone in front under McD then drawn or lost? Compared to games where we have come from behind?

Genuinely don't know, but didn't think we had scored first and gone on to not win in many if any...?

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 26 Jan 2016 17:31

The jury has to be out.

I thought it was a mistake to hire Brian - and nothing has either proven me right or wrong. No miracles, no disasters.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 26 Jan 2016 17:33

LWJ

Which games have we gone in front under McD then drawn or lost? Compared to games where we have come from behind?

Genuinely don't know, but didn't think we had scored first and gone on to not win in many if any...?

Huddersfield in the cup is the only one I can think of - without checking.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 26 Jan 2016 17:42

LWJ

Huddersfield ?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 26 Jan 2016 17:46

wingnut
LWJ

Huddersfield in the cup is the only one I can think of - without checking.

I was thinking Hull (a) but that was under the maestro Kuhl ..

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 26 Jan 2016 17:48

Armadillo Roadkill The jury has to be out.

I thought it was a mistake to hire Brian - and nothing has either proven me right or wrong. No miracles, no disasters.

Will they stay patient or panic after 2 defeats ?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 26 Jan 2016 19:42

sandman
Victor Meldrew
Hampshire Royal Just out of interest, why do you call Robson-Kanu 'Kanu'. It's part of his name, for sure, but it's not his name. Seems a bit disrespectful, if you ask me.

I thought he played really well yesterday, and was part of the reason why we had a good second-half against a good team.

Disrespectful?
This is a player who has one good game in 20 and disrespects the fans of my club by not trying very hard and not scoring any league goals.

How is he disrespecting Liverpool fans?

Having supported Reading for 61 years and a season-ticket holder probably since before you were born I think I am entitled to refer to it as "my club" and in context with how this topic has gone perhaps you shouldn't be "disrespectful" or are you Kanu in disguise?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 26 Jan 2016 20:13

Longhorn1970
LWJ

Huddersfield ?

Came from behind and conceded a 92 minute penalty.. so really?!?!?!? also wouldn't count towards the 8 from 21

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jan 2016 22:47

Hoop Blah
Snowball

!

Not that I've read. That was supposedly the deal for Chalobah last season though. Perhaps it's standard terms for Chelsea though so who really knows.

Piazon has looked good at times when played in behind Vydra and they link up pretty well. He's a bit too easy to kick out of the game though so I can see the frustration. He's your typical luxury player but without too much of the creativity you hope to get when carrying them.

I think it's probably been said on here as unsubstantiated fact, but not by anyone with the least credibility.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 27 Jan 2016 18:10

Genuinely don't know, but didn't think we had scored first and gone on to not win in many if any...?[/quote]

Huddersfield ?[/quote]
Came from behind and conceded a 92 minute penalty.. so really?!?!?!? also wouldn't count towards the 8 from 21[/quote]

So where did we lose the other 13 points ? Point is against Huddersfield we git ourselves ahead and we're still bombing on like a school team, had we parked the bus for 10 mins and hit them on the break we would have won comfortably ..

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Jan 2016 18:44

Longhorn1970

short memory you have. Quinn and McShane on record saying players let SC down. BM may throw numbers forward when we are getting dicked by average opposition, but he seems unable to defend a lead hence 8 from 21.

So he says the players are trying harder under Brian and you counter that by saying they didn't try hard enough under Clarke ?
And also criticise him for something that has barely happened !
I'd criticise Brian for not getting uncompetitive in the first 20 minutes of games but praise him for sorting the issue out. Heneedstofind a way to make sure welly from the start though, we'd significantly higher up the table if we weren't chasing games too often.

2058 posts