BFTG Wolves

225 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: BFTG Wolves

by RoyalBlue » 08 Feb 2016 11:08

RoyalJames101 If McDermott's record was at another club people would have been delighted to get him on board.

Would they?

And yet again we get the not knowing team excuse - nowhere near as valid as with most other new managers, many of whom manager a better turn around in form with arguably weaker squads in terms of comparison to other clubs around them.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Feb 2016 11:44

12 Games W4 D4 L4 19-12

looks a hell of a lot better than what it was in the last days of Clark and
however many games Khul was in charge for (with Clarke's squad)

People like to talk about us being second under Clarke (and I thought we were going places too)
and then they go on about how near the playoffs we were when he was sacked.

But that's very false. We had been high because we had a purple patch
of 6 league wins in 7 games, but then we stuttered, scraped 1-1 at Rotherham,
imploded at Fulham after being 2-0 up and then were on a horrible run
of defeats, low morale etc etc.

The ten games before McD was in charge were horrendous
W1 D3 L6 10-18 and the win was against a terrible Bolton side

I am still amazed at what went wrong, and how it went wrong, but we were
a club in turmoil when Brian came in and it would not have been a surprise
if we had lost "his" first games.

I say "his" first four games because it takes a while to get a grip with a squad
and didn't Brian lose 4-1 at Plymouth right at the start of he RFC managerial career?

His three signings look promising, we've got rid of two (alleged) bad apples,
all of our defeats have been narrow and in a few games where we lost we
could easily have won.

What's missing is the discipline, bottle, character to hang on when 1-0 up
or 1-1 going to the last few minutes. That could be for many reasons. McShane
lost his early-season form, then was injured, we've been playing a 20-year old
kid who is going to be excellent, but he is a kid... We have too many loanees and
Ferdinand must expect that this is his last season.

The biggest thing for me is lack of clear shape, players going AWOL in games.

For example when you watch the Ipswich winning goal Gunter RB is not in the picture
and you have a slow CB out trying to stop the cross from the left wing, our LB trying
to cover a 20 year old.

And Williams, for me is half our problem. I don't care that he gets a few goals. 99% of
his runs DO NOTHING (except mess our shape up. We have two midfielders and neither
is a proper, HARD, defensive-minded midfielder. Williams' goals cover the fact that so often our
midfield is wide open because we haven't got two men central covering the defence.

We miss Tish, or anyone who can be a PROPER, disciplined defensive midfielder

If Brian has a fault it is allowing Williams to do whatever he fancies.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Feb 2016 11:46

Ian Royal Decent match.

Not according to most Reading fans. Were you actually at the game?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 Feb 2016 12:01

Decent match? It was oxf*rd insipid.

If the game was still going on it would be 0-0.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 08 Feb 2016 12:04

Snowball 1<stuff>.

Surely the opposite is true.
We're already paying for being too conservative. We would rather avoid making individual mistakes, in favour of doing the risky stuff that leads to goals. Williams is the exception. Put him as the top man in the midfield triangle straight away (if we're not going to play Piazon) as we're in danger of spending another season watching a forward passing it backwards. Walsall was our best set up - except for Hector - dont do that again.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 08 Feb 2016 12:14

BMD haters:

If we get to the semi final/final/win the cup this year, does Brian get the praise or is it Clarke because it's his team?

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 08 Feb 2016 12:18

LWJ BMD haters:

If we get to the semi final/final/win the cup this year, does Brian get the praise or is it Clarke because it's his team?

Not too many "haters" on here - just asking reasonable questions about his abilities based on what we've seen so far. Calm down.

And if we do well in the cup it can't be because of Brian according to some. If he isn't in away responsible for the extremely poor football we've seen recently, how can he be responsible if things change and we become good?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 08 Feb 2016 12:22

Armadillo Roadkill
LWJ BMD haters:

Not too many "haters" on here - just asking reasonable questions about his abilities based on what we've seen so far. Calm down.

And if we do well in the cup it can't be because of Brian according to some. If he isn't in away responsible for the extremely poor football we've seen recently, how can he be responsible if things change and we become good?

Cup final would be in May

HTH

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 08 Feb 2016 12:23

Armadillo Roadkill Calm down.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 08 Feb 2016 12:33

RoyalBlue
RoyalJames101 If McDermott's record was at another club people would have been delighted to get him on board.

Would they?

And yet again we get the not knowing team excuse - nowhere near as valid as with most other new managers, many of whom manager a better turn around in form with arguably weaker squads in terms of comparison to other clubs around them.

Off the top of my head I'm trying to think of the managers that have taken over Championship clubs during this season.

Have the likes of Evans at Leeds, Redfearn at Rotherham, Wagner at Huddersfield, whoever is at Fulham this week or Jimmy Floyd at QPR achieved a significant turn around in form/results of the sort you seem to think McDermott should be performing?

My guess is no, not really, yet you seem to expect McDermott to quickly turn around the fortunes of a side that's been bang ordinary for 3 seasons now.

You seem to expect an awful lot for a manager you don't rate very much.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Feb 2016 12:34

RoyalBlue

Would they?

40%+ win rate. Championship title, PO Finalist?

You'd piss your pants in excitement, slate Madejski and compare with this much greater ambition from the Thais now he's not in charge.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 08 Feb 2016 12:38

Forbury Lion
blueroyals HOOF HOOF HOOF!

Right up to the 9 stone 5'5" bloke

Good job Brian
To the Nobber who reported the post above to the moderators, please make use of the ignore button if you disagree with someones views, You can't grass someone up just for having a different view.

Unnamed Snitch Where the f*ck is this idea we're hoofing it coming from? It's all any of divs on BBC Berks were saying yesterday too

If anything our problem is we're too slow moving it through the middle, and we're playing it out the back pretty well

Is it just people defaulting to same complaints as last time or something equally dim?

:?: :?: So that's where the post went!!

Can you get Graham to sort out these stupid new buttons? That was supposed to be a simple reply with quote. I did wonder why it didn't appear each time i tried to send. Thought there just a bit of a tech-paddy going on

So yeah, a bit lame snitching yourself rather that asking me why you got a random snitch that made no sense :| .....and that was posted openly on the thread :|

Chelsea/Royal

by Chelsea/Royal » 08 Feb 2016 12:38

The game was crying out for some creativity. Wolves turned up for a drawer and should have won. Well done Al Habsi.

Mind you if Kenny Jacket thinks Wolves can make the play offs he is deluded.

Gunter was dire. Norwood can be excused for being off his game because the conditions were very difficult.

HRK put in a shift but was too slow. The game needed Piazon ( I never thought I'd say that), just someone to get the ball down and play it to feet. I felt sorry for Vydra and Kermogant, balls banged up at chest height all afternoon, and little support from mid field.

A game to forget!

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 08 Feb 2016 12:40

Chelsea/Royal The game needed Piazon ( I never thought I'd say that), just someone to get the ball down and play it to feet.

^^ 'greed

Especially on never thinking i'd ever say it either

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Feb 2016 12:41

John Madejski's Wallet
Forbury Lion
blueroyals HOOF HOOF HOOF!

Right up to the 9 stone 5'5" bloke

Good job Brian
To the Nobber who reported the post above to the moderators, please make use of the ignore button if you disagree with someones views, You can't grass someone up just for having a different view.

Unnamed Snitch Where the f*ck is this idea we're hoofing it coming from? It's all any of divs on BBC Berks were saying yesterday too

If anything our problem is we're too slow moving it through the middle, and we're playing it out the back pretty well

Is it just people defaulting to same complaints as last time or something equally dim?

:?: :?: So that's where the post went!!

Can you get Graham to sort out these stupid new buttons? That was supposed to be a simple reply with quote. I did wonder why it didn't appear each time i tried to send. Thought there just a bit of a tech-paddy going on

So yeah, a bit lame snitching yourself rather that asking me why you got a random snitch that made no sense :| .....and that was posted openly on the thread :|

For a second i thought that was me because i did exactly the same. Just obviously noticed sooner and hit back.

Forbes has made himself look a twunt there.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 08 Feb 2016 12:46

^^^
These new buttons don't lend themselves to phones/tablets as you can't hover over it and have it tell you what each one is

Chelsea/Royal

by Chelsea/Royal » 08 Feb 2016 12:49

John Madejski's Wallet
Chelsea/Royal The game needed Piazon ( I never thought I'd say that), just someone to get the ball down and play it to feet.

^^ 'greed

You've lost me there fella...... :roll:

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 08 Feb 2016 12:51

Chelsea/Royal
John Madejski's Wallet

^^ 'greed

You've lost me there fella...... :roll:

Sorry.... I agree that it was crying out for Piazon. And mentioned to my mate at the time that "never though i'd say this but...."

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 08 Feb 2016 12:57

Chelsea/Royal The game was crying out for some creativity. Wolves turned up for a drawer and should have won. Well done Al Habsi.

Mind you if Kenny Jacket thinks Wolves can make the play offs he is deluded.

Gunter was dire. Norwood can be excused for being off his game because the conditions were very difficult.

HRK put in a shift but was too slow. The game needed Piazon ( I never thought I'd say that), just someone to get the ball down and play it to feet. I felt sorry for Vydra and Kermogant, balls banged up at chest height all afternoon, and little support from mid field.

A game to forget!

Ikea isnt open yet ...

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Feb 2016 13:04

LOL @ there 'being' over 17,000 there. Not a chance.

225 posts