FA Cup Quarter-Final MATCH THREAD: Crystal Palace (H)

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

Re: FA Cup Quarter-Final MATCH THREAD: Crystal Palace (H)

by Libertine » 11 Mar 2016 22:01

What a bullshit penalty. Bolasie threw himself to the ground as he got past Cooper...and his prayer was answered. But an experienced PL player is always gonna get that call against a young Championship defender, dive or not.

Well played lads. You left everything you had out there. If John converted one of the many chances he missed earlier in the game the outcome might have been different.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 11 Mar 2016 22:02

Cox was very decent alone up top first half. Held the ball well and muscled when he had to. Good effort.

John totally anonymous in the second half. Crying out for Piazon for a bit of magic, without giving the ball away.

Our Omani international - masboot. Bloomin' marvellous.

Cooper looked a little lost all game and, although the pen was soft, it was.

Gunter and McShane were solid. HRK looked class when he had the ball, just not involved enough. Lots endeavour without any real quality from Quinn.

Hector...... umm..... let the player get the wrong side almost all the time.

Vydra lively for a couple of mins.

Can't say we didn't deserve. Biggest shambles is that pitch. Complete Sunday league. Mind you, if it was any better we would have been slaughtered.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 11 Mar 2016 22:07

Palace fans on the bus:

'We get dodgey pens, we get dogey peeens, we're Crystal Palace we get dogey pens'

'Que sera sera we're going to Wembely, on a dodgey penalty que sera sera'

Rax

by Rax » 11 Mar 2016 22:09

Very soft pen - did smack of Mike Dean looking after his Prem chums and why Gunter got booked I'll never know.

Just didn't get the calls from the ref which is understandable - the only moan I've have is that we didn't really go for it like the WBA game :(

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 11 Mar 2016 22:11

No complaint that they won, Palace were better and should have won by more, but the manner of the defeat was gutting.

lolwut

by lolwut » 11 Mar 2016 22:12

Vydra looked a class above whenever he got near the ball.

Cox did ok first half. Ran around a lot but ran out of ideas whenever he had the ball at his feet.

Comparison between John and Kebe are completely unfounded on that performance. He did ok but tends to overplay.

Cooper made a blooper which cost us replay.

RakeLOLOLz looks like gr8 fun.

Norwood should have a game off and spend the time and the training ground learning how to beat the first man at set pieces.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Mar 2016 22:13

Prior to the pen, we were growing into the stronger team and looking good.

Pen was a shocker, total dive, never would have been given that ourselves. Bullshit commentators, ''oh, he made contact by brushing him gently with his hand'' fcuk off. Awful refereeing decision and you could see him and his crew dying to give the bigger club their chance that they couldn't carve out without cheating.

What a shit way to be knocked out.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Mar 2016 22:21

Aside from contriving to give the ball away in dangerous areas, I thought we played well. Palace were clearly better than us and 2-0 seemed about right.

Al-Habsi was ruddy marvellous and I am gutted for him the most. I've not seen the penalty on replay but my first impression IRL was very soft. Not very savvy from Cooper but he'll learn from it.

Atmosphere cracking particular in the first half. Disappointed in the Palace fans who were shit until they scored.

All in all, naturally gutted, but not too pissed off. Roll on next season.

Rax

by Rax » 11 Mar 2016 22:28

Extended-Phenotype Prior to the pen, we were growing into the stronger team and looking good.

Pen was a shocker, total dive, never would have been given that ourselves. Bullshit commentators, ''oh, he made contact by brushing him gently with his hand'' fcuk off. Awful refereeing decision and you could see him and his crew dying to give the bigger club their chance that they couldn't carve out without cheating.

What a shit way to be knocked out.

This.

And when Mike Dean gave Hennessey a free kick for absolutely nothing - you know it's soft when even Mark "Shit in my Kitbag" Lawrensen (sp) says so!

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 11 Mar 2016 22:31

What a soft fuxking pen

Footballs becoming a joke

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Mar 2016 22:32

Not only was it a soft pen but Dean inexplicably gave them a free kick just before it, when it looked like the opposite

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 11 Mar 2016 22:35

One day a half-decent referee will be brave enough to send Saha off.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Mar 2016 22:35

Imagine. Ola John bursts into the Palace box and their defender delicately strokes him with a camp brush of the hand. John falls over... I guarantee it would be a booking for a dive.

Absolute joke, fcuk anyone who remotely believes Palace deserved the win. How? They couldn't score. They could only score on a bad decision by cheating. So no, they didn't deserve it on any level. What a flid thing to even argue when the facts i.e. lack of any goals without cheating, proves that no, they didn't deserve to win as they couldn't score any goals.

Rax

by Rax » 11 Mar 2016 22:40

Extended-Phenotype Imagine. Ola John bursts into the Palace box and their defender delicately strokes him with a camp brush of the hand. John falls over... I guarantee it would be a booking for a dive.

Absolute joke, fcuk anyone who remotely believes Palace deserved the win. How? They couldn't score. They could only score on a bad decision by cheating. So no, they didn't deserve it on any level. What a flid thing to even argue when the facts i.e. lack of any goals without cheating, proves that no, they didn't deserve to win as they couldn't score any goals.

This as well - the issue I have is (imagine theoretically) as an "Elite" ref, you give a bad pen decision against Pardew, he'll be in your ear next week and the week after that - the same pen decision against Brian and you dont have to face him for a while - go figure!

Utterly shameful.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 11 Mar 2016 23:04

Obita the defender, not bad against tough opponents. Obita the passer, shockingly god-awful.

UTDSTEVE

by UTDSTEVE » 11 Mar 2016 23:26

:D :o you absolute dick!!
Extended-Phenotype Imagine. Ola John bursts into the Palace box and their defender delicately strokes him with a camp brush of the hand. John falls over... I guarantee it would be a booking for a dive.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Mar 2016 23:33

UTDSTEVE :D :o you absolute dick!!

Didn't know E-P was Yannick Bolasie.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 11 Mar 2016 23:40

We rode our luck at times, and at times it was clear which team were the higher division - but this doesn't mean that they deserved to win. Its about converting your chances, Palace had theirs handed to them on a plate, gifted wrapped, courtesy of Dean. Objectively, Palace had their fair share of luck too (excluding the penalty), more composure by John in the first half and a better directed header and it *could* have been 2-0 Reading. Ifs, buts and maybes, sure.

Its a bit galling, though not unsurprising.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 11 Mar 2016 23:48

We've lost because the other side cheated.
As simple as that.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Mar 2016 23:57

Tails We rode our luck at times, and at times it was clear which team were the higher division - but this doesn't mean that they deserved to win. Its about converting your chances, Palace had theirs handed to them on a plate, gifted wrapped, courtesy of Dean. Objectively, Palace had their fair share of luck too (excluding the penalty), more composure by John in the first half and a better directed header and it *could* have been 2-0 Reading. Ifs, buts and maybes, sure.

Its a bit galling, though not unsurprising.

Yeah this.

There was a reason it was 0-0 after 85 mins. The premier league club couldn't score. They looked dangerous on the break but couldn't score until Cooper gave the ref a (ridiculous) reason to give a penalty.

We actually had more possession not that means much having sat through Adkins reign of boredom.

It summed it up for me when McShane was about head the ball and Hennessy went straight over the top of him.

That's a penalty. Oh no it's not it's a free kick to the goalkeeper. Fcuk off is it. What a load of shit.