Loan Watch

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Loan Watch

by P!ssed Off » 15 Mar 2016 00:51

Where the oxf*rd did Loan Watch go?

Anyway, Liam Kelly's stay at Bath City has been extended for another month after impressing during his initial month's loan.

In his first five games:
- Almost scored a stunner on his debut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG5Q2zRx9ss
- Hits the bar from long range after a good run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaX6AAGbXbY
- Official match report from another game: "Liam Kelly twice forcing good saves out of Ashmore". Same game he almost got a decent assist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhgu6E7ogLc

In his last two games he's produced two goals:
Solid penalty in his penultimate game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwrUm_vV74w
Long ranger in his last game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wl3-NXPcCA

I think if he carries on his decent form and scores some more goals we really should renew his contract in the Summer. It's only Conference South of course, but his technique is undeniable.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Loan Watch

by KC Royal » 15 Mar 2016 15:26

Why did we need another thread? :|

Bumped the other one only a couple of weeks ago.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Mar 2016 15:30

I could've sworn I posted in it only just on Saturday. It appears to vanished.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 15 Mar 2016 16:09

genome I could've sworn I posted in it only just on Saturday. It appears to vanished.

I thought I saw it yesterday, just assumed i'd imagined it!

Nice to know that all the stuff I posted about Samuel was a waste of time :roll:
Unless it's been merged with another thread.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 15 Mar 2016 19:47

Hurtado has been on loan for a month and a half and has still not made it off the bench.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Mar 2016 18:35

Royal Ginger Hurtado has been on loan for a month and a half and has still not made it off the bench.

Apparantly having spent 6 months in England he's forgotten all the Portugese he knew and is having to relearn it. Also having got much fitter here to cope with the English game he's having to lose a bit of conditioning so he can play at the more relaxed pace they favour.
He's expected to have been remodelled in about a month.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 16 Mar 2016 19:00

I'm off to Plymouth on Saturday so will try and remember to report back on Tanner when I get baxk

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 24 Mar 2016 08:43

Rob Dickie has returned to Cheltenham Town until the end of the season.
http://mobile.ctfc.com//news/article/cheltenham-town-gary-johnson-rob-dickie-3023526.aspx?site=mobile
Some nice interviews with both Gary Johnson and Rob Dickie on their website.

George_

by George_ » 24 Mar 2016 11:42

Jack Stacey has joined Carlisle on loan.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 24052.aspx

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Mar 2016 14:52

Tariq Fosu has gone to Accrington Stanley for the rest of the season.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 Mar 2016 15:08

Sutekh Tariq Fosu has gone to Accrington Stanley for the rest of the season.

Class. I really hope they come up

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 24 Mar 2016 15:34

Over the last few weeks there has been a big debate on whether to bloody some of our promising youngsters for the rest of what is now a dead season. It looks like today we got our answer, our two most promising wingers in Stacey and Fosu have been loaned out till the end of the season.
So it looks as if we are going to have to put up with the players that have served us so well for the last 6 months :shock: i personally feel the club have missed out on a chance to really see what these young lads could possibly bring to the first team....this is an ideal time to blood these guys, now they will only get a pre season tour at best, and then go into next season without any experience of the chumpionship.
Next season will not be easy, with the likes of Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa, Norwich or Palarse coming down, as well as the already established teams on board already. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 24 Mar 2016 20:10

Crowbar6753 i personally feel the club have missed out on a chance to really see what these young lads could possibly bring to the first team....this is an ideal time to blood these guys, now they will only get a pre season tour at best, and then go into next season without any experience of the chumpionship.

A few games is hardly going to give them much experience. Better they go somewhere where they are guaranteed a good run out. Lower division is highly competitive. A learning experience in itself. Will toughen them up a little.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 24 Mar 2016 21:17

Lower West
Crowbar6753 i personally feel the club have missed out on a chance to really see what these young lads could possibly bring to the first team....this is an ideal time to blood these guys, now they will only get a pre season tour at best, and then go into next season without any experience of the chumpionship.

A few games is hardly going to give them much experience. Better they go somewhere where they are guaranteed a good run out. Lower division is highly competitive. A learning experience in itself. Will toughen them up a little.

I do agree with you lower West , and i think its great that these young guys are getting a run out in a competitive league, which will be great for their future development. I just think it would have been good to see them in our first team just to see how they would fit in with players they well be playing with next year and maybe start bonding them earlier rather than later.
We all know it takes the right chemistry for a team to click, and sometimes this takes a while and then all of a sudden the team gels and hey presto, 8 maybe 10 games gives these guys a chance to start this process and gives the players and the manager a better idea of what to expect next season.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 24 Mar 2016 22:18

Hard to believe he's not managed to make a league appearance since Derby last season, who'd have predicted that?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Mar 2016 14:35

Crowbar6753 Over the last few weeks there has been a big debate on whether to bloody some of our promising youngsters for the rest of what is now a dead season. It looks like today we got our answer, our two most promising wingers in Stacey and Fosu have been loaned out till the end of the season.
So it looks as if we are going to have to put up with the players that have served us so well for the last 6 months :shock: i personally feel the club have missed out on a chance to really see what these young lads could possibly bring to the first team....this is an ideal time to blood these guys, now they will only get a pre season tour at best, and then go into next season without any experience of the chumpionship.
Next season will not be easy, with the likes of Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa, Norwich or Palarse coming down, as well as the already established teams on board already. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

To be honest, I'd rather they got out of the atmosphere of comfortable failure that we've got here and got a bit of a winning mentality on loan, in time to come back and share it in pre-season and help with a fresh start to next year's campaign.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Mar 2016 14:37

blueroyals

Hard to believe he's not managed to make a league appearance since Derby last season, who'd have predicted that?

I seem to recall telling people that 45 minutes looking good in a dead rubber didn't make him the new Messi.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Mar 2016 14:48

It wasn't a dead rubber for Derby

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Mar 2016 14:56

J-Stay starts for Carlisle.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 25 Mar 2016 17:03

Ian Royal
blueroyals

I seem to recall telling people that 45 minutes looking good in a dead rubber didn't make him the new Messi.

Still a better player than Hal Robsom-Wagenu