Looking forward

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Looking forward

by Forbury Lion » 29 Mar 2016 10:16

2016/17 Season - The Brendan Rogers rule, If come mid-season we're heading for relegation then change the manager for someone who can turn things around short term regardless of whether we feel Brian is the right man long term or not.

Only exception would be if it was clearly due to events beyond his control e.g 11 players out with injury or the owners selling off all the better players and leaving the manager with a squad below par and no funds to upgrade.

Having said that, if Claudio Rannieri and his Leicester coaches/scouts all decided they fancied a move to Berkshire and we were able to meet their demands then I'd sack Brian and offer him the chance to stay on as a scout.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 29 Mar 2016 14:42

I like Brian but I'm not a fan of his brand of football, and we would get embarrassed again in the Premier League playing it. It still feels like a backward step bringing him back here. We need a new manager with a modern tactical approach. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but the Swansea model is the right way to go. Possession passing football. Not lump it forward and defend for your life football. Any return to the Premiership with Brian McDermott will be very short lived. I don't think he'll be here come Christmas. Sadly, I also hope he isn't.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 29 Mar 2016 14:50

I like Brian but I'm not a fan of his brand of football

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

and what are the defining similarities between his last 'brand' of football, and the one that he's playing now?

lump it forward and defend for your life football

cos if its that^^ then its a pretty laughable opinion, really.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Mar 2016 23:46

One8Seven1* but the Swansea model is the right way to go. Possession passing football.

Trouble is the players on the pitch pass the ball not Brian. At the moment we lack the collective number of players with the technical ability and pace to play this brand of football.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Mar 2016 04:39

The Swansea model is old hat. Not even Barcelona play that passing style anymore. Who's winning the Premier League and what "style" are they playing?

For all the times Brian gets called out of touch and tactically flawed it's funny to see his detractors living in the past.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 30 Mar 2016 08:32

sandman The Swansea model is old hat. Not even Barcelona play that passing style anymore. Who's winning the Premier League and what "style" are they playing?

For all the times Brian gets called out of touch and tactically flawed it's funny to see his detractors living in the past.

Agreed there. But the football is boring and has recently proved to be ineffective.