Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

537 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

by Ian Royal » 02 Apr 2016 21:12

Vydra needs is a top notch Sports Psychologist.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Apr 2016 21:13

I like TD and he's right....Vydra has been useless. He gives the ball away and his return has been poor. Nothing to do with who his partner is as the ball rarely get to the partner....his passing is awful. Even his diving is rubbish.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 02 Apr 2016 21:33

You're right Fac. Generally Dellor is very good. But he has to lighten up a little bit.

His expectations are just totally unrealistic. He expects too much from Vydra, McDermott etc.

Unless the Thai's are going to be spending big time which is not looking the case at the moment then a fantastic promotion winning season is years of hard work away at the moment.

The only expectation we as fans and Dellor as a fan should have of a player is that they give 100% effort and commitment. The amont of effort and commitment is the only thing a player has control over.

Everything else needs to be worked on and takes time. Confidence needs to be nurtured, skills need to be practised, fitness needs to be trained in, natural talent is there in different degrees in all of us.

If a player is giving everything he possibly can for the team then he doesn't deserve criticism in my opinion.

We all know that Vydra has the talent within him and we are all frustrated that it has not come out. But this is not entirely his fault. His confidence has obviously been an issue. To overcome that he needs understanding, patience and support. Not constant berating. It just doesn't help.

And anyway, I am annoyed with the contribution of the whole team this season. It just hasn't been good enough. As a collective. They have fallen short.

Even attacking McDermott is just ridiculous and Adie Willams reading out stupid tweets like: name one thing that has improved since McDermott became manager. This is all just so stupid. What do you all expect? Shall we just sack him tomorrow? Then shall we start moaning when the next manager wins only 3 out of his first 12 games. Shall we then sack him as well? This type of mindset will send us down the football league. Not up it.

We need more long-term thinking. A long-term vision, long-term planning and plenty of patience and understanding. Otherwise it will be manager after manager, disappointment after disappointment and National League South fixtures against Maidenhead and Wealdstone, here we come.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 02 Apr 2016 21:40

Ascotexgunner I like TD and he's right....Vydra has been useless. He gives the ball away and his return has been poor. Nothing to do with who his partner is as the ball rarely get to the partner....his passing is awful. Even his diving is rubbish.

And the S(cottish) C(harlatan) [spit] saw fit to piss £2,500,000 of someone else's money on a LOAN fee for Vydra?!?!?!? Just how much of THAT found it's way into the S(cottish) C(harlatan)'s grubby little money grabbing mitts?!?! That's what I want to know.

Two of the worst bits of "business" this club has EVER done.

JIM

by JIM » 02 Apr 2016 21:41

Just to ballance it up. DELLOR IS A CRAP JOURNALIST

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 02 Apr 2016 21:42

By the way, I'm not saying that Dellor isn't right about Vydra. I'm just saying to him: SHUT UP about it.

His negativity is just depressing.... And it won't help Vydra get better. It won't help Reading get better either.

McDermott can't do anything about it until the summer and until then, he is worthy of a place in the first 11. Because he is actually a good player even when he's not scoring.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Apr 2016 21:54

strap
Ascotexgunner I like TD and he's right....Vydra has been useless. He gives the ball away and his return has been poor. Nothing to do with who his partner is as the ball rarely get to the partner....his passing is awful. Even his diving is rubbish.

And the S(cottish) C(harlatan) [spit] saw fit to piss £2,500,000 of someone else's money on a LOAN fee for Vydra?!?!?!? Just how much of THAT found it's way into the S(cottish) C(harlatan)'s grubby little money grabbing mitts?!?! That's what I want to know.

I'd like to add the sale of Nick Blackman in the mix. What club sells their top goalscorer mid season when their still in with a chance of top 6?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 02 Apr 2016 22:11

A lot of our dealings have made no sense this season.....

Why buy Orlando In the summer for a cool million and then sell him next window? Especially as he looked a decent player for us.

It's been perhaps the most indecisive, incompetent decision making season I have ever witnessed from our board. They don't know what they're doing. They have no vision.

Buy this guy, sell him again. Sell our top scorer. Sign a old man from Bournemouth. Equal our record transfer fee for a loan. What are they thinking?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Apr 2016 22:47

Ascotexgunner
strap

I'd like to add the sale of Nick Blackman in the mix. What club sells their top goalscorer mid season when their still in with a chance of top 6?

A club that wants to get good money for a bang average player at the absolute peak of his value, who is out of contract and not going to sign a new one.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Apr 2016 23:32

If you went to the game today. You would be questioning Norwood's role and contribution to the team. Vydra offers far more to what is a misfit of a team.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 03 Apr 2016 00:41

It does seem weird to think the Czechs could start at Euro 2016 with Vydra up front.

What are the odds that he'll score more for them in the Euros than he scores for us in the league this season?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Apr 2016 01:15

Top Flight A lot of our dealings have made no sense this season.....

Why buy Orlando In the summer for a cool million and then sell him next window? Especially as he looked a decent player for us.

It's been perhaps the most indecisive, incompetent decision making season I have ever witnessed from our board. They don't know what they're doing. They have no vision.

Buy this guy, sell him again. Sell our top scorer. Sign a old man from Bournemouth. Equal our record transfer fee for a loan. What are they thinking?

Buy and sell Orlando? Like he's your mate
But he was a goal machine ?

When he wasn't getting sent off and being difficult

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 03 Apr 2016 01:44

genome Brian getting a bit flustered and annoyed trying to answer Dellor's questions about him...

I thought it was a really good interview from McDermott actually and thought he came out of it well. 'I didn't start the irrelevant conversation!' was probably my favourite line when Dellor tried to backtrack on the questions he'd been asking.

'I can't answer the question because I don't know what it is' and 'Michael Hector doesn't play up front' were also fair responses to Dellor.

For me Vydra's clearly very low on confidence and his goalscoring record has been a huge disappointment. I can understand why McDermott hasn't frozen him out completely though considering his goalscoring record in the past and our lack of depth in terms of striking options.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 03 Apr 2016 02:25

When we signed Vydra I was that excited I could have filled a pint glass with cum. The bloke was top notch for Watford a proven scorer at this level. And yet he has been total shite. By some distance the the biggest disapointment since I slept with my brothers wife. He poses around in his Ferrari on a massive wage and couldn't score in a brothel. As much as Dellor gets n my wick he has been right to knock Vydra. Both Clarke and BM have every justification in being let down by him. Becuse he is far better than what he has shown for us.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 03 Apr 2016 04:45

Top Flight And it won't help Vydra get better. .

Completely irrelevant to us now - he's not our player.

Top Flight Why buy Orlando In the summer for a cool million and then sell him next window? Especially as he looked a decent player for us.

He looked below average when we sold him. He was sold because he didnt want to be here.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 03 Apr 2016 10:24

Gunny Fishcake Vydra is a classic footballing mercenary who doesn't give a flying toss about Reading FC

This is categorically not true.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 03 Apr 2016 10:32

Top Flight You're right Fac. Generally Dellor is very good. But he has to lighten up a little bit.

His expectations are just totally unrealistic. He expects too much from Vydra, McDermott etc.

Unless the Thai's are going to be spending big time which is not looking the case at the moment then a fantastic promotion winning season is years of hard work away at the moment.

The only expectation we as fans and Dellor as a fan should have of a player is that they give 100% effort and commitment. The amont of effort and commitment is the only thing a player has control over.

Everything else needs to be worked on and takes time. Confidence needs to be nurtured, skills need to be practised, fitness needs to be trained in, natural talent is there in different degrees in all of us.

If a player is giving everything he possibly can for the team then he doesn't deserve criticism in my opinion.

We all know that Vydra has the talent within him and we are all frustrated that it has not come out. But this is not entirely his fault. His confidence has obviously been an issue. To overcome that he needs understanding, patience and support. Not constant berating. It just doesn't help.

And anyway, I am annoyed with the contribution of the whole team this season. It just hasn't been good enough. As a collective. They have fallen short.

Even attacking McDermott is just ridiculous and Adie Willams reading out stupid tweets like: name one thing that has improved since McDermott became manager. This is all just so stupid. What do you all expect? Shall we just sack him tomorrow? Then shall we start moaning when the next manager wins only 3 out of his first 12 games. Shall we then sack him as well? This type of mindset will send us down the football league. Not up it.

We need more long-term thinking. A long-term vision, long-term planning and plenty of patience and understanding. Otherwise it will be manager after manager, disappointment after disappointment and National League South fixtures against Maidenhead and Wealdstone, here we come.

Post of the decade contender here.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Apr 2016 11:15

Ascotexgunner I'd like to add the sale of Nick Blackman in the mix. What club sells their top goalscorer mid season when their still in with a chance of top 6?

Pretty much any other club in the same position as us would have done. Don't kid yourself.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Apr 2016 11:43

I feel sorry for Vydra.

I feel more sorry for the fans who have to watch a proven goalolol scorerofl fluff chance after chance.

I'm sure he will come good again and go on to have a fairly successful career, but it won't be with us, so for that reason kindly fcuk off you absolute waste man.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 03 Apr 2016 13:44

Platypuss
Ascotexgunner I'd like to add the sale of Nick Blackman in the mix. What club sells their top goalscorer mid season when their still in with a chance of top 6?

Pretty much any other club in the same position as us would have done. Don't kid yourself.

I think if we hadn't been on an obvious downward spiral, and clear that despite our position, the play-offs looked gone, we might have acted differently - and Blackman might have been a bit more keen on staying too.

537 posts