Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

537 posts
Snowball136

Re: Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

by Snowball136 » 15 Apr 2016 17:32

Ian Royal snowball, I'm concerned that we're in complete agreement on this. Do you want to switch to defending the hysterical moron Dellor, or shall I?

it is a worry, isn't it (us agreeing)...

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 15 Apr 2016 19:03

Snowball136
Ian Royal snowball, I'm concerned that we're in complete agreement on this. Do you want to switch to defending the hysterical moron Dellor, or shall I?

it is a worry, isn't it (us agreeing)...

Get a room you two. :P

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 15 Apr 2016 21:41

Is there a radio?

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 15 Apr 2016 21:41

Is there a radio?

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 15 Apr 2016 22:15

Snowball136 Is there a radio?
Snowball136 Is there a radio?

Must be a stereo?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Apr 2016 13:45

Let's see if Dellor focusses on Vydra again this afternoon. So far he has not mentioned him at all.

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 16 Apr 2016 15:08

Hoop Blah
Extended-Phenotype +1

Nowt wrong with Dellors interview

Tim did go a bit mental at the end of the game but if McShane nutting Williams can be excused as ''passion'' and ''two players wanting to win'' so can Dellors frustration.

Nothing really wrong with Dellor's interview no, although I think as an interviewer he probably could've handled McDermotts hissy fit a bit differently (as Peachy, from a journalists point of view) but he asked the questions he had to.

Perhaps he could've ordered his questions a little differently instead of diving straight into the sensitive Vydra questions (sensitive because of their previous conversations).

Has anyone actually been slagging Dellor off for the interview itself though? I thought it was more his commentary meltdown that was the real bone of contention.

McDermott handled it badly though. As a professional manager he's supposed to deal with the media and his meltdown wasn't very professional or helpful.

To be fair - I've worked in national radio and produced DJ's who are interviewing incredibly famous people - and you get 2 types of interviewers - those who connect with the interviewee and answer get them and persuade them to ask difficult questions, and you get those who are yes men and will just ask the easy, plain questions which doesn't really elicit any response.

Dellor went into the interview INCREDIBLY negatively - trying to get Brian to agree that it's the 'same old story', and if Brian had said yes - he's just agreeing with all of Tim's past views and conclusions on Vydra. Brian would've done no good by agreeing to that - it would've pissed off his team and shot their confidence even more - and he gave Brian no choice but to be pissed off and he inadvertently just angered him straight from the off. VERY poor interview technique, and it ruined and interview and didnt do anything to build up to a difficult question.

Dellor is a journalist - but not a particularly good one...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Apr 2016 16:40

Someone has very obviously had a word with Dellor about Vydra. Completely cut out the criticism and actually moderately complementary.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 16 Apr 2016 16:42

...but now Gooding has launched a vicious attack on the poor little darling Vydra, accusing him of bottling a challenge. Oh lordy, let the flood gates of condemnation open up. Gooding, you're an idiot, you're irrational and you're clearly losing your mind.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Apr 2016 16:44

ladida_gunner_graham ...but now Gooding has launched a vicious attack on the poor little darling Vydra, accusing him of bottling a challenge. Oh lordy, let the flood gates of condemnation open up. Gooding, you're an idiot, you're irrational and you're clearly losing your mind.

I think you've rather missed the point of the criticism of Dellor.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Apr 2016 17:03

Ian Royal Someone has very obviously had a word with Dellor about Vydra. Completely cut out the criticism and actually moderately complementary.

I've only listened to a few bits of the commentary today but Dellor sounds a bit subdued, even when we scored.

It's interesting that he might've given Vydra an easier ride today if thats the case. I have noticed that, for all the mistakes he's made this season, I can't remember Dellor ever really criticising Cooper for any of them. Gunter and McLeary also seem to be players who get away scot free in terms of the wrath of Dellor.

It would be interesting to find out why he's got his favourites (apart from just being a no-mark fan like the rest of us, but he has a much closer relationship and insight into their characters than we do).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Apr 2016 17:09

Hoop Blah
Ian Royal Someone has very obviously had a word with Dellor about Vydra. Completely cut out the criticism and actually moderately complementary.

I've only listened to a few bits of the commentary today but Dellor sounds a bit subdued, even when we scored.

It's interesting that he might've given Vydra an easier ride today if thats the case. I have noticed that, for all the mistakes he's made this season, I can't remember Dellor ever really criticising Cooper for any of them. Gunter and McLeary also seem to be players who get away scot free in terms of the wrath of Dellor.

It would be interesting to find out why he's got his favourites (apart from just being a no-mark fan like the rest of us, but he has a much closer relationship and insight into their characters than we do).

Absolutely agree. I think Dellor just likes quick, athletic players. He loves Gunter and bangs on about him going up and down the line all the time. I think he's also easier on defensive mistakes because they're less obvious.

Gooding on the other hand has been pretty fair and objective in his criticism all season.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 16 Apr 2016 18:15

Ian Royal
ladida_gunner_graham ...but now Gooding has launched a vicious attack on the poor little darling Vydra, accusing him of bottling a challenge. Oh lordy, let the flood gates of condemnation open up. Gooding, you're an idiot, you're irrational and you're clearly losing your mind.

Depends what you've decided "the point" is. This thread is 23 pages (and counting) of whining about Dellor's criticisms of Vydra, which only in the last week have been veering toward the hysterical.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 16 Apr 2016 19:30

I know he layed off vydra in purpose, and to prove a point, but it was more enjoyable to listen to as a result
Thanks tim

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Apr 2016 20:06

ladida_gunner_graham
Ian Royal

Depends what you've decided "the point" is. This thread is 23 pages (and counting) of whining about Dellor's criticisms of Vydra, which only in the last week have been veering toward the hysterical.

Disagree. I think there's as many comments on this thread agreeing with TD about that useless knob as there are disagreeing with him. Vydras robbing this club with his fat salary and s+ITE performance.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Apr 2016 20:08

Maneki Neko I know he layed off vydra in purpose, and to prove a point, but it was more enjoyable to listen to as a result
Thanks tim

I actually think the club may have spoken to someone above him and he was told to behave himself. There was one moment when he alluded to his view on Vydra by replying to Mick that he wouldn't comment on that today. He was very deliberate in his praise of anything positive Vydra did and I don't recall him saying anything critical about him.

He's done the "I've been getting in trouble with the fans so I won't say anything" thing before several times, but it's never actually lasted a match before.

But yes, regardless of why, it made the commentary 100 times better and well done to him.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Apr 2016 20:16

I enjoy Dellors commentary ....warts-an-all........even the halftime catering anecdotes

I don't do player criticism, but his recent assessments of Vydra hasn't been too wide of the mark.

.....nice to see somebody who has actually played the game (Mick Gooding) giving his opinion.......which strangely enough.....mirrors what Dellor was once saying.

Keep it up BBCB....a great matchday listen....despite the airy-fairy commentary that some of our hysterical menopausal posters on here claim to want........most too young to remember the 210 days

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 16 Apr 2016 21:32

I don't think anyone really has a problem with Dellor slating Vydra, or any player for that matter.

It's more that it seems to have become an obsession with him. You get the odd fan every now an then who'll have a player he's taken a huge dislike too, and will criticise and shout abuse towards every chance he gets. You can just roll your eyes and accept it from a fan.

A commentator needs to be able to take a step back and stop their personal feelings spilling over, even if they are wound up.

I do think he's right though, to wonder why Vydra seems to start every single game despite poor form. It's just not right though, to lead into interviews with the manager implying that yet again we lost because of Vydra.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Apr 2016 21:45

.......Dellor has pretty much shut-up about Vydra....Mick Gooding is now speaking what most fans are thinking about our luxury loanee

Even the staunchest Dellor hater must respect what MG says

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Apr 2016 22:10

AthleticoSpizz .......Dellor has pretty much shut-up about Vydra....Mick Gooding is now speaking what most fans are thinking about our luxury loanee

Even the staunchest Dellor hater must respect what MG says

You'd be missing the point utterly if you think anyone was saying Vydra was doing a good job or unworthy of criticism. It was the sheer volume and increasingly hysterical nature of the criticism largely directed at him alone, when plenty of others were also worthy of some.

537 posts