Brian Tevreden the new man

Barcelona Blue

Brian Tevreden the new man

by Barcelona Blue » 05 May 2016 09:20

The two Brians are off abroard on Sunday (probably Holland), don´t know a lot about Brian T but the whole club needs a breath of fresh air from top to bottom.

personaly, I am looking forward to losing players that dont want to play for us, the loanees that came to nothing, and seeing some of the youngsters getting a chance (Barrett, Tarique etc ) and lets see if the new Brian can get strengthen and go again..these things go in cycles..we´re finishing a shit one but beginning a new one, let´s see what they come up with, i ´m looking forward to summer, I think a few doomers and gloomers on here are going to be surprised

Good luck Brian T

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Brian Tevreden the new man

by loyalroyal4life » 05 May 2016 09:31

looking forward to seeing what marquee signings he can pull out of his little black book

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 May 2016 09:51

Not sure marquee signings are what we need. If he can unearth a solid centre back who can hold his position without falling over, head the ball in the right direction and play 10 games without getting Injured I'd be more than happy

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 05 May 2016 10:29

That fits the description of Gravenberch off a few Dordrecht fans I managed to scout out on twitter. I guess he's one Brian T recommended then.

Also, Brian McD confirmed in Charles latest article that Brian T was recruited by the owners.

Is Chris Davies still around? I got the impression he was likely to be a bit more like Brian's assistant than just another coach with Beasant and Reid, with how he was referenced on the site so quickly after Terry Burton left.

It's also a little weird not having any of the staff at the club visible - I expected more of a presence from Steven Reid at least.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 May 2016 10:35

maffff It's also a little weird not having any of the staff at the club visible - I expected more of a presence from Steven Reid at least.

In what respect? He was on the touchline a fair bit during the Preston match :P

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 May 2016 10:42

genome
maffff It's also a little weird not having any of the staff at the club visible - I expected more of a presence from Steven Reid at least.

Chris Davies is still only about 30 so I presume Brian deliberately keeps him off media duties while he picks a bit more nous on the ways of management and handling the media in that role etc.

Steven Reid has given interviews this season but is "only" a coach so why would he be any more in the spotlight than any of the other Reading coaches around the first team. Might just as well say that Beasant hasn't said anything...

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 05 May 2016 10:50

Perhaps it's just me, there just seemed to be more of a connection / to the likes of Gibbs, Dillon, Downes etc, even Andy bloody Crosby.

It just a little strange only really seeing much of Brian - there just doesn't seem to be as much insight into the 'team' or the closeness that seemed to be there.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 May 2016 11:29

They often say that team spirit is an illusion created by success. That's probably true amongst the backroom staff as well as the team itself, and also their role in the media stuff.

It may well be that whilst we're struggling a bit McDermott wants to front up and take the brunt of the slack and questioning from the local media. He's also the one with the relationship with BBC Berks and, to a lesser extent, the EP and Chronicle.

Now you mention it though, it does seem a little odd that we don't hear more from some of the staff. Even Hammond seemed to be very quiet over the last 6 months.

On the Chris Davies front, I just checked and on the OS he's listed as a First Team Coach. When he was brought in I'm sure it was built up as more of a direct replacement for Terry Burton as Assistant Manager (could well be wrong on that front though) and McDermott technically doesn't have an assistant any more (titles perhaps don't matter but having an experience sounding board might).

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 05 May 2016 12:15

I thought Chris Davies brief was to scout and file reports on the opposition rather than anything directly coaching or managerial.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 05 May 2016 12:30

From Despair To Where? Not sure marquee signings are what we need. If he can unearth a solid centre back who can hold his position without falling over, head the ball in the right direction and play 10 games without getting Injured I'd be more than happy

+1 ... the end of the queue for 'decent cheap centre half' is over there Brian ! ...

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 05 May 2016 12:32

Sutekh
genome

Chris Davies is still only about 30 so I presume Brian deliberately keeps him off media duties while he picks a bit more nous on the ways of management and handling the media in that role etc.

Steven Reid has given interviews this season but is "only" a coach so why would he be any more in the spotlight than any of the other Reading coaches around the first team. Might just as well say that Beasant hasn't said anything...

Glad you mention Beasant, as his work will AAH has been the only success story this year, well done both ! ...

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 05 May 2016 13:07

Barcelona Blue The two Brians are off abroard on Sunday (probably Holland), don´t know a lot about Brian T but the whole club needs a breath of fresh air from top to bottom.

personaly, I am looking forward to losing players that dont want to play for us, the loanees that came to nothing, and seeing some of the youngsters getting a chance (Barrett, Tarique etc ) and lets see if the new Brian can get strengthen and go again..these things go in cycles..we´re finishing a shit one but beginning a new one, let´s see what they come up with, i ´m looking forward to summer, I think a few doomers and gloomers on here are going to be surprised

Good luck Brian T

its a shame you haven't got a half decent local team to support??!!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 May 2016 14:51

Vision I thought Chris Davies brief was to scout and file reports on the opposition rather than anything directly coaching or managerial.

IIRC that was basically his role at Liverpool.

I thought he was brought here in more of a coaching role to be honest, but that's probably just because he replaced Burton when he mysteriously discovered he had another 'project' he needed to go and work on. I'm not sure they've ever really given much insight into what he actually does.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 May 2016 16:01

Chris Davies is the Assistant Manager at Reading as far as I am aware. Anyone know different?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 May 2016 16:42

Sutekh Chris Davies is the Assistant Manager at Reading as far as I am aware. Anyone know different?

Yes, as I mentioned above, the club officially call him a 1st Team Coach.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/team/first-team-staff/

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 05 May 2016 16:49

An assistant, rather than THE assistant

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 May 2016 16:56

Assistant to the manager.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 05 May 2016 16:56

From Despair To Where? Not sure marquee signings are what we need. If he can unearth a solid centre back who can hold his position without falling over, head the ball in the right direction and play 10 games without getting Injured I'd be more than happy

But Sonko was part of the 106 team... 2/3 ain't bad.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 May 2016 17:04

Maneki Neko An assistant, rather than THE assistant

A coach rather than an assistant.

RoyalCrisp

by RoyalCrisp » 05 May 2016 18:29

He'll be our manager by Christmas.