Swindon Town (A) Friendly

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Swindon Town (A) Friendly

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Jul 2016 17:30

Are you the ginger Larry? It's ok we won't be mean to you.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Jul 2016 17:37

Larry_Parnell Lots of people making lots of assumptions based on one photo (which shouldn't have been posted). Luckily, I'm sure you have perfect figures, know how to grow proper beards and are properly game. Relax, it's ok not to wear football shirts to football and it's ok to be young.

Indeed. But the alternative to a football shirt does not have to mean dressing like an extra from a Danny Dyer Cinematic Opus either.

K.URZ13

by K.URZ13 » 22 Jul 2016 17:49

Grumpy old bastards. IN for flares.

Larry_Parnell

by Larry_Parnell » 22 Jul 2016 17:54

tidus_mi2 Are you the ginger Larry? It's ok we won't be mean to you.

Alas, way too old but I don't begrudge the young their moment......however they want to spend it

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Jul 2016 17:55

K.URZ13 Grumpy old bastards. IN for flares.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 22 Jul 2016 18:04

Larry_Parnell Lots of people making lots of assumptions based on one photo (which shouldn't have been posted).

Why shouldn't the picture have been posted?

Larry_Parnell

by Larry_Parnell » 22 Jul 2016 18:14

tmesis
Larry_Parnell Lots of people making lots of assumptions based on one photo (which shouldn't have been posted).

Because it doesn't seem that it was something they agreed to and it identifies them to anonymous people who seem to take delight in denigrating them .

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 22 Jul 2016 18:23

Larry_Parnell
tmesis

Because it doesn't seem that it was something they agreed to and it identifies them to anonymous people who seem to take delight in denigrating them .

Infringement of image rights?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jul 2016 18:47

Larry_Parnell
tmesis

They're in a public place and playing up to the crowd. My sympathy is rather limited.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jul 2016 18:51

15 year olds with flares > OAPs sitting on their hands.

sloughroyal123

by sloughroyal123 » 22 Jul 2016 19:43

CountryRoyal 15 year olds with flares > OAPs sitting on their hands.

+100,000

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jul 2016 19:46

sloughroyal123

+100,000

But anything else >>>>>>>> than either.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Jul 2016 20:12

East Grinstead Royal
Larry_Parnell
tmesis

Infringement of image rights?

yeah I'm sure ginger balls has image rights.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 22 Jul 2016 20:58

+1
I am glad we have had an increase in youthful support and I'm in for more flares and Danny dyers :lol:
Tbh if they boost our away support and increase the atmosphere then it's worth a few cringy awkward moments

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 Jul 2016 22:08

Rea Ding

+1
I am glad we have had an increase in youthful support and I'm in for more flares and Danny dyers :lol:
Tbh if they boost our away support and increase the atmosphere then it's worth a few cringy awkward moments

Totally agree and happy to accept the "yoofs" over some other fans we have.

Last year at MK Dons a prime example.

A family of 4 (mum, dad, 16 ish year old son, and 13 year old daughter roughly) all sat in a group of people standing up.

Family had blanket over them - I shit you not. They complained to stewards who - sensibly - moved them forward so they could sit rather than challenge standing fans.

*** I'm not against those who sit - that would be dumb. But seeing families with blankets and thermos flasks is sometimes painful

unit

by unit » 23 Jul 2016 00:23

Have any of you spoken to these lads, doubt it . I did on Tuesday and guess what, good boys who like a beer and banter and of course wind up the home fans.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jul 2016 01:30

Echo the sentiments regarding the younger lads. Yes they might do shit that is a bit cringe worthy but they all sing and get involved which is what we need. It's fukking depressing being one of 5 people singing at some away games. It's not an uncommon sight to see some stay seated even when we score... what the actual fukk is up with that? (no they're not in the disabled section). Blanket wearing, thermos drinking pcunts can fukk off and listen to dellor on the radio as far as im concerned*.

Yeah yeah im a pcunt and shouldnt tell people how to support the team...etc etc

** People pay their money they can do what they want - its just frustrating to see, and for me - utterly baffling (but the same applies to a 9 stone 12 year old trying to start on a steward and dick heads ripping up seats).

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Jul 2016 08:15

Jeez, maybe there should be about a dozen different sections for supporters who want to do different things so no-one gets offended.

Standing area (with seats)
Standing area (without seats)
Singing and chanting area
Blanket and thermos area
Pokemon Go area
Gesturing at away fans area
Remain seated at all times area
Drumming area
Fashion offence area
Breastfeeding area
Over 65 area
Tourette's area

A 66 year old new mother in a Superdry trackie who has bad circulation plus a coffee addiction and swears a lot might struggle to make a decision.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 23 Jul 2016 10:14

Royal Rother Jeez, maybe there should be about a dozen different sections for supporters who want to do different things so no-one gets offended.

Standing area (with seats)
Standing area (without seats)
Singing and chanting area
Blanket and thermos area
Pokemon Go area
Gesturing at away fans area
Remain seated at all times area
Drumming area
Fashion offence area
Breastfeeding area
Over 65 area
Tourette's area

A 66 year old new mother in a Superdry trackie who has bad circulation plus a coffee addiction and swears a lot might struggle to make a decision.

In for the Tourette's area

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 23 Jul 2016 10:34

I retract my comment earlier in the thread; all too reliant on what people were reporting on Twitter. Sounds like they were simply being voiceful and having a giggle.

I've been to some pretty heated matches over the years both here and abroad; On the subject of flares; I remember watching AEK v PAO match in '04 when around 15 to 20 were set off in the AEK section at the same time. Fan behaviour that day was something I'll remember for the rest of my life :lol: Of course, the blanket wielding families were nowhere to be seen because going to a heated Athens derby with the family probably wasn't the wisest idea. Games at risk of local fan rivalry like that, you don't take the family. And in the same note fans pay good money to stand and sing should they wish, a stadium terrace is not the place for a picnic.

I know Swindon v Reading is a whole other level of derby encounter - Good on the younger supporters if they were just being voiceful.

The behaviour of our fans, as stats back up re banning orders, has been impeccable over the years. In all honesty, let's face it, talking about Reading fan behaviour is really a nothing topic.