CONFIMRED - Liam Moore

226 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR- Liam Moore

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Aug 2016 19:53

Still Rumour? Come on, someone get your finger out and change it to confimred.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIMRED - Liam Moore

by genome » 21 Aug 2016 01:45

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... re/?page=7

£1m is an absolute steal

1 million? We are mugs.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Aug 2016 08:49

Let's hope he proves he's worth the wait and obvious effort it's taken to sign him!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 21 Aug 2016 21:58

At this point my reservations have disappeared due to sheer desperation.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Aug 2016 09:39

What's this the Leicester fans are saying that he couldn't get on Brentford's bench?

And poor Reading fans getting all excited.

Quite a few seem to be frustrated that he's joined us for so little money. It'll be interesting to see who is right about him.

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 05 Sep 2016 10:49

Liam Moore on giving up being a Premier League player to join the Jaap Stam revolution
Royals' defender is more than happy to now be playing his football in the Championship
BYCHARLES WATTS
12:00, 4 SEP 2016UPDATED12:11, 3 SEP 2016

Modern day football is littered with examples of young English players chasing the rewards that come from being a Premier League footballer.

Time and time again we’ve seen talented players make the move to big clubs, only to spend their time sitting on the bench or in the stands.

So the story behind Liam Moore’s switch to Reading is as refreshing as it is rare.

The 23-year-old, who played a big part in Leicester winning promotion to the Premier League in 203/14, had fallen down the pecking order at the King Power Stadium.

He managed just 11 appearances in the Foxes’ first campaign in the top flight and last season he failed to even make a single league appearance before being farmed out on loan to Bristol City.

Frustrated with a career that was stalling, Moore made up his mind to leave and set his mind on moving to Madejski Stadium to work under Jaap Stam.

Liam Moore on getting back on the pitch and the buzz of last minute winners
But completing a move to Reading was far from easy, with Leicester reluctant to let the centre-back leave the King Power Stadium.

They rejected more than one bid from Royals during the summer and started to put pressure on Moore, saying that would only let him go if he signed a new contract and he went out on loan.

But the centre-back was adamant he would not put to paper and spend the next three seasons bouncing from club to club.

The contract offer was rejected and ultimately Moore got his wish - as Reading and Leicester eventually agreed a deal and he completed a permanent switch to Berkshire, signing a four-year contract.

And despite dropping down a division, Royals’ new centre-back could not be happier with how things panned out.

Reading FC defender Liam Moore left Leicester to move to Madejski Stadium.
“It was a very long month,” said Moore. “Last season was a disappointing one for myself. I wrote that off over the summer and I really didn’t want to bring it into the new season.

“But it started that way again with me having a month or so with all the speculation. I personally wanted to just go out and play. I’m very hungry to play games, very hungry to get better and improve and I’m only going to do that by playing games.

“So I stayed patient and Reading stayed patient - which I’m very grateful for and it finally got done.

“Now I’m just trying to embrace every moment and enjoy it. It’s not a nice feeling when you’re sitting in the stands, watching games and you are desperate to be out there. So it’s great to be playing again enjoying myself.”

Moore added: “Leicester wanted me to stay. I had a lot of conversations with people and there was split opinion on everything

“I could have stayed there, gone out on loan and I could have still had that tag over my head of being a Premier League player.

“I could have had all the comforts of being able to go back to Leicester, knowing I would be there for another three years with the contract they offered me.

“But I’ve not been brought up like that. That’s not the sort of person I am. I want to go there and earn my rewards and earn respect in the game. I’m only going to do that by playing regularly.

“Reading have given me the opportunity to do that. They’ve given me a lengthy contract to build on and to learnt from a great like Jaap Stam. So it was an easy decision for me.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 05 Sep 2016 11:41

Love it.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Sep 2016 14:06

Fair play to him, it sounds like that spell out the Leicester side, after getting a fair amount of hype and praise when they went up, has given him a hunger for playing and proving people wrong.

Lets hope his football backs up that attitude.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Sep 2016 18:17

Good stuff.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Sep 2016 20:44

It's exactly the same that he said to a Leicester fan in a Twitter exchange before he signed; he doesn't want to bounce around on loan for 3 years, he wants to settle somewhere, play regularly, actually earn his money and work on making a name for himself.

Absolutely spot on attitude IMO.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Sep 2016 21:40

I think I love him

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 24 Sep 2016 22:01

It's clear to see why Stam was so determined to get Moore. Think he's been a fantastic addition to the defence. Solid defender, decent in the ball, good in the air and just a sense of composure. Hopefully Cooper can watch and learn

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Sep 2016 22:17

I don't think it's any surprise or coincidence we haven't lost since he's been here put it that way.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Sep 2016 01:48

CountryRoyal I don't think it's any surprise or coincidence we haven't lost since he's been here put it that way.

He's quite good

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 25 Sep 2016 04:55

He has come in and stabilised things brilliantly.

It's just a shame we didn't have him for those first few matches, the FA need to think up a solution to the transfer window.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Sep 2016 11:01

Very very pleased with the way that he has settled into the team.

I loved the way he celebrated the last minute penalty v Ipswich - just shows that he really cares.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Sep 2016 11:19

Very early days obviously but at this rate I think we'll probably be able to r8 him as our best centre back since Ivar.

100x the defender Hector is.

George_

by George_ » 26 Sep 2016 11:45

winchester_royal 100x the defender Hector is.

+1

A year younger than Hector and looks so much more of a mature & reliable defender. Suits the system under Jaap so well also.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Sep 2016 12:37

Not sure I'd go as far as 100x, but he's virtually the finished article that Hector wasn't. And better.

Give him three seasons and I think he'll be talked about as our best ever.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 28 Sep 2016 13:45

He looked far from convincing last night. Although not alone in that respect

226 posts