Are The Youngsters Being Frozen Out?

225 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Are The Youngsters Being Frozen Out?

by sandman » 13 Sep 2016 10:21

Everyone on here is a know it all, it's why no one can have a debate without it turning into a slanging match.

I've PM'd the details to someone. I won't tell certain people because of their attitude, yourself included.

BTW I called him an arsehole, which is where you can shove your Americanisms.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Sep 2016 10:34

I think I've claimed to be ITK once in 15 years. I never claim to have secret information. :|

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Sep 2016 11:40

I won't tell certain people because of their attitude, yourself included.

says man with worst attitude on HNA

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Sep 2016 13:49

sandman Everyone on here is a know it all, it's why no one can have a debate without it turning into a slanging match.

I've PM'd the details to someone. I won't tell certain people because of their attitude, yourself included.

BTW I called him an arsehole, which is where you can shove your Americanisms.

It takes two to debate and your contribution has simply been to claim secret inside knowledge without any backup, and to ignore what have been fairly reasonable push backs as to why your special insight may be a bit unlikely.
If all you are going to do is claim inside knowledge and then throw your toys out when people don't accept it at face value it might make sense to keep your scoop to yourself. If you have been told things then I doubt the players would be happy to know you ran to the Internet and spilled the beans.

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 13 Sep 2016 15:13

Surely a better case in point is Dom Samuel. He is now back to fitness after a good run in pre-season, yet can't even make the bench... even with the shortage of options up top.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 13 Sep 2016 15:32

royal_rumble Surely a better case in point is Dom Samuel. He is now back to fitness after a good run in pre-season, yet can't even make the bench... even with the shortage of options up top.

Given a chance yesterday in the U23s but was by all accounts pretty gash ....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Sep 2016 16:10

Also on top of it all the playing ethos the manager wants to instill is different from what has gone on before i.e. we now supposdly have a playing ethos as opposed to the "no real clue" of last season, and this may well set some back in their development a little while they adapt and prove themselves again.

At the moment it would seem that only Watson and Kelly (and Obita if he is still counted) have bridged that gap while Cooper and Samuel appear to be failing to take their chances when they come along (and this is backed up with our own views of their performances).

Stam is still assessing the likes of Fosu, Dickie, Kuhl, Stacey and Tanner which is why they are out on loan.

I therefore would like to see Kelly and Watson getting to the bench more often but then Weisel hasn't even made it to the matchday changing room yet so perhaps it not too much of a surprise.

Only other question I have is over Keown, who seems to be totally forgotten. Is he injured?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 13 Sep 2016 17:20

oxf*rd hell, some people come up with the most ridiculous excuses:
"He's still being assessed"
"He's too inexperienced"
"He's out on loan"

We've got a first rate academy and a second rate first team.
And no academy players in the first 11.
It's a disgrace, and if Stam doesn't rectify the situation in the immediate future then I don't want him at the club.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Sep 2016 17:23

So which Academy players would you have in the side and for the expense of whom?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Sep 2016 17:29

"He's out on loan"

must be a joke shirley

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Sep 2016 17:31

I'd probably take Obita over Blackett, I think Kelly and Evans is a close call and I may have gone with Stacey rather than bringing in Harriott although now he is here Harriott looks very useful.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 13 Sep 2016 17:42

Maneki Neko
"He's out on loan"

must be a joke shirley

What's a joke is saying "I can't play him because he's out on loan"

Who oxf*rd sent him on loan!

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 13 Sep 2016 17:48

Ian Royal So which Academy players would you have in the side and for the expense of whom?

I wouldn't have bought Blackett and would have played Obita
I would have sold Gunter and played Watson (he showed in a few games he is capable)
I wouldn't have bought Moore and would have played Cooper
I wouldn't have signed Van Den Berg and would have played Kuhl
I would have sold Williams and played Kelly
I wouldn't have signed Beerens and would have played Fosu
I would play Samuel over Kermorgant

I would have Tanner, Stacey, Keown, Barrett, Dickie on the bench.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Sep 2016 17:59

Nameless I'd probably take Obita over Blackett, I think Kelly and Evans is a close call and I may have gone with Stacey rather than bringing in Harriott although now he is here Harriott looks very useful.

I'd like to see a bit more of Blackett. He seems to have some pretty bad lapses, but in general looks a better defender if he can get those out of his system. Close call at the moment there I'd concede. I think Quinn should be ahead of either Kelly or Evans. Stacey is certainly a shame, it would have been nice seeing him come off the bench regularly. Possibility of that in the second half of the season still if McCleary matches his last three years and either fails to perform, gets injured or both.

It's a real shame Dom Sam doesn't seem to have impressed in pre-season or his U23 appearances, because our frontline is crying out for competition right now and he's not forcing his way in. He should be doing at least enough to come off the bench regularly.

Fosu's always had bags of talent, but for me never fully delivered on it. He didn't seem to have great loans last year, so I have no problem with him going out to prove himself again and develop.

I think we really need to address the malaise within the club, so much as I'd like to see the graduates playing (and I'd be reasonably happy to see them making up most of an XI in League One for us) I'm not sure we can really afford too many in the team. One or two a season breaking through is excellent, it's very early days, and Watson has already had two games, so it's not like we're far off previous recent seasons... we just have fewer of those who broke through already still in the XI with Tish and HRK gone. Cooper and Obita were definitely areas of the team that needed improvement.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Sep 2016 18:03

P!ssed Off
Ian Royal So which Academy players would you have in the side and for the expense of whom?

I would have sold Gunter and played Watson (he showed in a few games he is capable)

So to clarify, you'd be playing a very inexperienced XI, still only have two senior fullbacks in your squad, play a striker who's not taking his opportunities to make himself a contender and gets a serious injury almost every season, a player who had an ok loan at a lower level last season and a player who appears to have not developed in the last couple of years.

Risky. Very risky. IMO of course. I'd be very worried with that team.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 13 Sep 2016 18:10

Ian Royal
Fosu's always had bags of talent, but for me never fully delivered on it. He didn't seem to have great loans last year, so I have no problem with him going out to prove himself again and develop.

:|

League 1: 1 goal and 3 assists from 362 minutes. (362 minutes = 4 x 90)
League 2: 3 goals and 1 assist from 395 minutes.
League 2 player of the month for April.

Two assists in 73 minutes this season in League 2.
But despite doing the business for Colchester United, he may well not break into the starting lineup because, quite rightly, Colchester United are more interested in developing their own youth players than ours; they'll probably stick with Drey Wright despite him being not as good as Fosu.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 13 Sep 2016 18:35

Absolute lol at "Samuel's not taken his chances"

He's had FOUR league minutes from us, since making his debut almost four years ago.

Meanwhile our 1st choice striker's got 4 goals from 23.
And the dross before that (whose record many of you were content with) scored 3 in 31.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2016 19:01

PO is surely on a wind up...

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Sep 2016 19:05

P!ssed Off

Some of those smack of just picking players because they came through the Academy rather than on merit . Moore is clearly a far better player than Cooper and you would have probably been better off saying you would have played Cooper instead of McShane.
And of course there are some glaring omissions. Presumably you wouldn't have sold McCarthy, Gylfi, Hector or
Tishbola ?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Sep 2016 19:21

P!ssed Off Absolute lol at "Samuel's not taken his chances"

He's had FOUR league minutes from us, since making his debut almost four years ago.

Meanwhile our 1st choice striker's got 4 goals from 23.
And the dross before that (whose record many of you were content with) scored 3 in 31.

This season. And no one was happy with Vyrda's scoring record, so don't try to pretend they were.

225 posts