BFTG . Brighton

123 posts
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG . Brighton

by Top Flight » 22 Aug 2016 16:16

I didn't want to start a new thread for a score update.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 22 Aug 2016 16:34

Well it has nothing to do with this thread so it's more pointless to put it here.

Best place would be the academy thread..

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Aug 2016 17:57

Top Flight I have to say that I'm very disappointed with Kermorgant.

Rosenior gave him a little elbow to the ribs which the referee should have punished but let go. So Yann decided to take justice into his own hands and as soon as Rosenior had the ball and Yann started sprinting after him, you could see exactly what was on Kermie's mind. A premeditated assault on a Brighton player. Yann should have got a straight red for that challenge. It was sickening really. He may have ended Rosenior's season. I thought Orlando was hot headed but Kermie, jeez.

A few minutes later, Sidwell landed one on the back of Kermie's head and Kermie just had to accept the punishment. He knew he deserved it and he knew that what he did moments earlier was horrible and much worse.

I hope Rosenior is alright. Kermie, you're a naughty boy. I don't like to see that sort of behaviour on the pitch from a Reading player. My little kid was watching that and he looks up to you footballers. When you behave like that these kids learn and take that behaviour on to the school playing fields. Set a better example in future Kerms and apologise to Rosenior.

You're a parent!?

I thought you were 15!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Aug 2016 17:59

windermere_royal
Nameless
Top Flight Regarding the game. It was a great game. I'm enjoying the work that Stam is doing with the team. Our tactics are definitely causing teams problems. Quite a few teams will trip up against us.

If we can keep adding quality players in the positions where we really need them and continue improving and developing our style of play then we should be able to stay up comfortably this year.

We're currently 4th from bottom and keeping our heads above the parapet. Another win needed soon, just to keep clear of the drop zone.

I have a feeling that we can get that win at Cardiff this coming Saturday.

Try not looking at the league table until it actually tells you anything....

4th bottom after 4 games. everybody panic :shock: if we are 4th bottom after another 30 or 35 games that is the time to get concerned.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Aug 2016 18:24

Just seen Kermie's challenge on Rosenior. LMFAO @ TF's hystrionics about it being sickening.

Cynical scissor of the legs out from under him, never likely to do any real damage unless there's some sort of freak accident of an ankle sticking in the ground and rolling. Took a yellow for the team for a dangerous break and got a little revenge at the same time. Big oxf*rd deal.

And Brighton have 5 pages on that? They're even bigger bedwetters than Top Flight.

They did go down easy in general didn't they!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Aug 2016 19:22

I haven't seen it on video Ian. I saw it from the stands. My comments are based on what I saw from a distance away.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Aug 2016 19:25

[quote="Ian Royal"]Just seen Kermie's challenge on Rosenior. LMFAO @ TF's hystrionics about it being sickening.

Cynical scissor of the legs out from under him, never likely to do any real damage unless there's some sort of freak accident of an ankle sticking in the ground and rolling. Took a yellow for the team for a dangerous break and got a little revenge at the same time. Big oxf*rd deal.

And Brighton have 5 pages on that? They're even bigger bedwetters than Top Flight.

They did go down easy in general didn't they![/quote]

Not particularly Ian. You should go to the games then you might know what you're talking about.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Aug 2016 20:19

Are you that Brighton fan from NSC they said they were sending over ages ago to "lay low" and do "subtle trolling"?

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 22 Aug 2016 22:00

Ian Royal Just seen Kermie's challenge on Rosenior. LMFAO @ TF's hystrionics about it being sickening.

Where did you see that - can't find it anywhere online.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Aug 2016 22:04

RG7Fan
Ian Royal Just seen Kermie's challenge on Rosenior. LMFAO @ TF's hystrionics about it being sickening.

It's one of the 'benefits' of paying for Reading Player. My subscription doesn't run out until October so I'm using it to get my money's worth.

They have 10 - 12 minutes of highlights for every game - it makes up for them posting the 2-4 minute highlights on Youtube where anyone can get it free.

They used to have the whole game available a few years ago, but I'm guessing it didn't get enough use to warrant it because no one wants to watch 90 minutes of us failing to win almost every week.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 22 Aug 2016 22:14

Ian Royal
RG7Fan

It's one of the 'benefits' of paying for Reading Player. My subscription doesn't run out until October so I'm using it to get my money's worth.

They have 10 - 12 minutes of highlights for every game - it makes up for them posting the 2-4 minute highlights on Youtube where anyone can get it free.

They used to have the whole game available a few years ago, but I'm guessing it didn't get enough use to warrant it because no one wants to watch 90 minutes of us failing to win almost every week.

Ok. Did they show the Gunter penalty shout?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Aug 2016 22:17

genome Are you that Brighton fan from NSC they said they were sending over ages ago to "lay low" and do "subtle trolling"?

Was that to top flight or Ian Royal ?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Aug 2016 22:18

RG7Fan
Ian Royal
RG7Fan

Ok. Did they show the Gunter penalty shout?

Yes. It looks outside to me, but the angle is terrible and it's certainly close.

A bit like that Gunnarsson one at the corner of the box, was it against Liverpool maybe? Though I think that was just inside.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Aug 2016 22:19

leon
genome Are you that Brighton fan from NSC they said they were sending over ages ago to "lay low" and do "subtle trolling"?

There's nothing "lay low" about me. And I've been posting here for about a decade before that suggestion.

How you doing leon? Hope you're well.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 22 Aug 2016 22:24

3points To me I thought Brighton looked quite ordinary except for Knockaert. Quite a lot of endeavour but very reliant, creatively, on one player. Murray was worse than Kermogant yesterday. Did absolutely no work at all. Hemed looked more lively in 10 minutes than Murray did all game. And why did they take off a forward and put on Norwood? Playing for a draw? Hardly the move of a Championship chasing side.

Because the game was getting away from them, we were well on top, picking the ball up constantly in midfield and creating chances. Putting the extra man in their own midfield meant they picked up the ball more themselves (even if Norwood didn't have a massive inpact on the game) and it turned out to be the right decision by Hughton as Brighton had by far the better of the last 15 minutes and with a bit more luck could have won it themselves.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Aug 2016 22:42

Ian Royal
leon

There's nothing "lay low" about me. And I've been posting here for about a decade before that suggestion.

Jesus Christ Ian get a sense of humour.

It's nice of you to ask after me. I know really you hoped i'd died by now.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Aug 2016 23:25

leon
Ian Royal
leon

Why on Earth would I hope that?

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 23 Aug 2016 01:08

Ian Royal
leon
Ian Royal There's nothing "lay low" about me. And I've been posting here for about a decade before that suggestion.

Why on Earth would I hope that?

because you're an asshole?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Aug 2016 07:27

Top Flight I haven't seen it on video Ian. I saw it from the stands. My comments are based on what I saw from a distance away.

Ok, so your massive over reaction was based on not really knowing what actually happened. Now someone has explained that you misread the situation I'm guessing you'll have a rethink and agree you were wrong.

There's only room for one of us on this board who makes extremely ill informed comments based on not really seeing things clearly and I'm not about to give up that role....

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Aug 2016 08:53

123 posts