BFTG CARDIFF

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG CARDIFF

by maffff » 28 Aug 2016 00:55

Lacoste
sloughroyal123 Unrelated note but Derby have just signed Matej Vydra fo £8 million :D :D

He is a top striker at this level. He'll bag 20 this season.

Massive confidence player in possibly the least confident team in the league. He'd be great somewhere like Brighton, couldn't think of a worse fit for him than Derby right now though.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Aug 2016 01:12

Lacoste
sloughroyal123 Unrelated note but Derby have just signed Matej Vydra fo £8 million :D :D

:lol: :lol:

:lol:

You are shitting me? 8m? FFS

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 28 Aug 2016 01:39

I'm just amazed they didn't sign Bond.

Seems to be the graveyard for the woefully underperforming.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Aug 2016 03:05

LWJ
CountryRoyal
Soul Man
Excellent. It would be great if it catches on.

I quite liked a win away to the tune of in the jungle too, very apt that we scored shortly after.

Can't say I was a fan, sing it in the concourse/pub whatever. But get behind the team in the stands.

Like the McShane song. Didn't fancy that either

Not enough people sang it for them to hear it imho but I do agree. The few people that were shouting forwards and then sarcastically and jeering backwards really pissed me off. Yes its not ideal but its no secret what we are trying to do and its going to take time. I wish people would have some patience some times.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 28 Aug 2016 07:41

The Prisoner Didn't go today. Just wanted to say as someone who lives nowhere near Reading, and who relies on this thread for some degree of objective view from the game this has to be one of the worst BFTG threads for some time.

Some toss poem/chant seems to be the highlight.

Did anyone actually go?

:roll:

Moore MOTM - looked solid won everything he had to, a couple of misplaced passes but nothing as bad as Cooper.

AAH - doesn't inspire me with confidence, flapped at a cross in the first half as usual which nearly cost us. Get in Jakkola.

Blackett - didn't offer an attacking outlet as much as we would have liked. First game so will give a chance though.

VDB - controlled the midfield, made us look solid and offerred Cardiff no space or time on the ball.

The Ref - oxf*rd shocking again. The standard of referreing has been terrible for the past couple of years. Missed a clear few fouls, and failed to book anyone. Even some of our deserving players..

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Aug 2016 07:46

LWJ
Nameless
Lower West Moore and Blackett are both excellent signings. You'd never thought that they were making their debuts for the team today. Moore has that natural composure and authority. Blackett appeared a yard off match pace, which wasn't surprising.

With the back 5 sorted.

Now attention can be paid to who the keeper is and the best perm of the front 5.

If the back 5 is sorted then I'd say Ali al-Habsi is the keeper......

AAH not good enough. Flaps at crosses too much, doesn't claim anything from 4 yards or more of the goal.

Jakkola looks equality shot stopping capabailities, and distribution. Better in the air so far as well, so would like to see him come in as #1

Given that Jakkola has hardly had anything to take aerially his one rather bizarre double handed punch hardly makes me think he's obviously better than Ali.
It's good to have competition, but alHabsi is a good keeper and you need to have a good reason to change keepers, which this season there just isn't.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Aug 2016 08:53

Most importantly for the way we play AAH looks pretty comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 28 Aug 2016 09:18

The Prisoner Didn't go today. Just wanted to say as someone who lives nowhere near Reading, and who relies on this thread for some degree of objective view from the game this has to be one of the worst BFTG threads for some time.

Did anyone actually go?

Fcuk u

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Aug 2016 09:44

leon
Lacoste

:lol: :lol:

Wait so now they have Vydra, Russell and Wilson? How they going to play all of them? Not to mention the quality of Blackman and Bent

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 28 Aug 2016 09:58

NewCorkSeth
leon
Lacoste :lol: :lol:

Wait so now they have Vydra, Russell and Wilson? How they going to play all of them? Not to mention the quality of Blackman and Bent

That's a decent pool of attackers.

Stam is doing the opposite and building from the back. Which is probably a better way to go about things.

Nuremberg Royal

by Nuremberg Royal » 28 Aug 2016 10:55

CountryRoyal Holy shit we actually won away... against Cardiff no less. We looked much more solid with Moore in and VDB in midfield. Blackett is better than Obita. Fans were good, after we scored was the loudest I've heard us in ages.

Thought we were the better team, our finishing is still gash and Cardiff should have had 10 men for most of the game. Happy for Kerm to get the goal and really hope he pushes on now.

Sounds promising from what you have said.
In what way was Blackett an improvement on Obita in your opinion? Good news if it continues.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 28 Aug 2016 11:26

Maneki Neko

Did anyone actually go?

Fcuk u

You are welcome.

At least we got some more actual comment and insight into the game with later posts.

My point was that all we had really had up to when I posted was some sh1tty chant, and that if we can't get to the games I want to hear what our fans made of the performance. I thank those who have posted since, with the possible exception of Maneki.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Aug 2016 11:39

Nuremberg Royal
CountryRoyal Holy shit we actually won away... against Cardiff no less. We looked much more solid with Moore in and VDB in midfield. Blackett is better than Obita. Fans were good, after we scored was the loudest I've heard us in ages.

Thought we were the better team, our finishing is still gash and Cardiff should have had 10 men for most of the game. Happy for Kerm to get the goal and really hope he pushes on now.

Sounds promising from what you have said.
In what way was Blackett an improvement on Obita in your opinion? Good news if it continues.

From that showing he's more solid defensively. Offers strength and an aerial presence too.

Wasn't tested that much though so will be interesting to see how he fairs in coming games.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Aug 2016 11:43

The Prisoner
Maneki Neko

Did anyone actually go?

Fcuk u

You are welcome.

At least we got some more actual comment and insight into the game with later posts.

My point was that all we had really had up to when I posted was some sh1tty chant, and that if we can't get to the games I want to hear what our fans made of the performance. I thank those who have posted since, with the possible exception of Maneki.

A bit silly when you said "objective reports". It's a fukking Reading forum.

George_

by George_ » 28 Aug 2016 11:49

Great day out. Love Cardiff as a city.

The game looked like it had 0-0 all over it after 60 minutes, but the boys kept plugging away and got the late goal. Good substitution by Jaap to bring on Obita late who would had more legs than anyone with everyone tiring. His overlap & cross eventually leading to the goal.

Impreseed by Moore. Quick, strong and reads the game well. Think he could be the perfect partner for McShane.

Blackett looked decent. Has pace, solid enough defensively & seemed fairly composed on the ball.

VDV did a great job in front of the defence. Breaks up play & distributes the ball out wide when he won the ball.

Overall we weren't at out best but still got the 3 points, so that can only be a good thing. Great to finally get an away win again. Hopefully that lifts the players confidence when playing away from home from now. on.

LumpWarden

by LumpWarden » 28 Aug 2016 12:39

This was the worst attended championship football match I've ever been to - can't believe the official attendance of 15k - looked more like about 9k to me

Anyone who thinks the atmosphere at the madstad is bad should take a look in at Cardiff - truly woeful

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 28 Aug 2016 12:54

NewCorkSeth Wait so now they have Vydra, Russell and Wilson? How they going to play all of them? Not to mention the quality of Blackman and Bent

cheeky bid for Chris Martin? Or Darren Bent?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 28 Aug 2016 13:08

LumpWarden This was the worst attended championship football match I've ever been to - can't believe the official attendance of 15k - looked more like about 9k to me

Anyone who thinks the atmosphere at the madstad is bad should take a look in at Cardiff - truly woeful

Was pretty shocked by Cardiff. Agreed on those numbers, and no noise whatsoever.
Very poor

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Aug 2016 13:40

3points
NewCorkSeth Wait so now they have Vydra, Russell and Wilson? How they going to play all of them? Not to mention the quality of Blackman and Bent

Only if the owners suddenly get a rush of blood to the head.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Aug 2016 13:51

From Despair To Where?
3points

Only if the owners suddenly get a rush of blood to the head.

I see what you did there.. Martin is a guaranteed 15 goals right? We have no chance of getting him he's essentially Derbys equivalent of Nugent when Leicester got promoted. I might slap money on Derby this year thinking about it...