Next 3 games against current top 3.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Next 3 games against current top 3.

by Nameless » 13 Sep 2016 14:21

Snowball
Nameless Why include the Brighton game at all then ?

Because it's a game in a sequence of games
and I prefer to include cup games.

It's also a game against a side predicted to be top six so is a good test.

Nameless It's a different competition, will be played in a different style and with different line ups. It's a statistical outlier and simply confuses the overall discussion.

but the "discussion" is about how the club are going to do in the next X games, not "ONLY league games". IMO it matters

Nameless And a professional writer should know that it is incumbent on them to ensure their words are clear and unambiguous, not the reader to second guess their intent (if you are writing to be understood....)

1. It's a fukking football chat forum not an application for a Nobel Prize.

2. If separating out the Brighton game with white space before and after, with the game UNDERLINED and marked "EFL Cup" isn't "CLEAR" then who dresses you people in the morning?

Could you supply a list of all your publications ?
I'd like to avoid reading them.
Anything written by an author with his head stuffed up his own arse is likely to be pretty awful....

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Sep 2016 14:32

Are you a stand-up comedian in your spare time?

You're REALLY funny.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 13 Sep 2016 15:27

Nuremberg Royal Who'd have thunk it?
Our next 3 games against Brum, Barnsley and Huddersfield all top of the current table tussles.
Be happy with 7 points from that lot for sure .What do you think ?

But Newcastle are 2nd?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Sep 2016 16:07

TBM
Nuremberg Royal Who'd have thunk it?
Our next 3 games against Brum, Barnsley and Huddersfield all top of the current table tussles.
Be happy with 7 points from that lot for sure .What do you think ?

But Newcastle are 2nd?

He did post this before Newcastle played their game.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Sep 2016 20:20

Maneki Neko
NewCorkSeth
Sutekh Birmingham we always struggle against, they are an awful bogey team for us. Games are also about as exciting as watching grass grow
Barnsley anything can happen for either side
League wise we are in a quite miserable run of form against Huddersfield so given their current situation that's another crapfest waiting to happen

PS, technically this thread should titled 4 games against the current top 4 as we also have a league cup team against the biggest club in the division - Brighton - who we all know are really a top 2 team let alone top 4.

Bigger than Newcastle?

whoosh. etc :|

hes talking from brightons fans point of view. not seriously suggesting brighton are the biggest club in the division

Aside from the relegated clubs are they not?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2016 20:36

NewCorkSeth
Maneki Neko
NewCorkSeth Bigger than Newcastle?

hes talking from brightons fans point of view. not seriously suggesting brighton are the biggest club in the division

Derby, Leeds, Wednesday, Forest, Wolves definitlely. Birmingham, Fullham, Norwich arguably. On par or bigger than the rest imo.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Sep 2016 20:42

CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth
Maneki Neko

Derby, Leeds, Wednesday, Forest, Wolves definitlely. Birmingham, Fullham, Norwich arguably. On par or bigger than the rest imo.

What about Ipswich, QPR, Wigan and Blackburn? And us?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2016 20:44

Ian Royal
CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth Aside from the relegated clubs are they not?

Could maybe add Ipswich and Blackburn to the arguably lot. On par or bigger than the rest, including us.

Of course it's fairly irrelevant as it's subjective, what qualifies size with regards to a club? Fanbase/attendance? Financial power? Trophies/history? ... Etc etc

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Sep 2016 20:51

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal
CountryRoyal

Could maybe add Ipswich and Blackburn to the arguably lot. On par or bigger than the rest, including us.

Of course it's fairly irrelevant as it's subjective, what qualifies size with regards to a club? Fanbase/attendance? Financial power? Trophies/history? ... Etc etc

I'd say history (top flight previous and trophies), last 10 years' performance and fanbase. I agree we're roughly on a par with Brighton... maybe a touch ahead, with them on our shoulder and accelerating.

I'd say they're only significantly bigger than about 6 teams in the division, Burton, Barnsley, Bristol, Brentford, Rotherham and Preston. Which makes their attitude all the more baffling.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2016 20:55

Ian Royal
CountryRoyal
Ian Royal

I'd say history (top flight previous and trophies), last 10 years' performance and fanbase. I agree we're roughly on a par with Brighton... maybe a touch ahead, with them on our shoulder and accelerating.

I'd say they're only significantly bigger than about 6 teams in the division, Burton, Barnsley, Bristol, Brentford, Rotherham and Preston. Which makes their attitude all the more baffling.

I agree but you can understand their attitude. They've just moved into a big shiny new stadium, get decent attendance and have done pretty well on the whole since coming up.

Either way, they certainly aren't a big club, but neither are we. Difference is with us and them is most of us know that! :lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Sep 2016 21:59

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal
CountryRoyal

Whoosh...

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2016 22:00

NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal
Ian Royal

Whoosh...

Shove your whoosh up your arse you potato shagging leprechaun licker. :lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Sep 2016 22:37

CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

Whoosh...

Shove your whoosh up your arse you potato shagging leprechaun licker. :lol:

I think this is my first board whoosh!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Sep 2016 22:51

Snowball It's pretty clear that I expect the majority of our next 13 games to be a draw in normal time

As you're quite dumb, that means 7 or more from 13

ONE

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2016 22:56

Snowball
Snowball It's pretty clear that I expect the majority of our next 13 games to be a draw in normal time

ONE

It's weird. I was expecting extra time and penalties.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Sep 2016 23:13

CountryRoyal
Snowball

ONE

That's because you're a bit slow.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2016 23:16

Snowball
CountryRoyal
Snowball

ONE

That's because you're a bit slow.

:lol:

You still don't quite get it, do you?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Sep 2016 23:35

OTOH you could just STFU?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2016 23:41

Snowball OTOH you could just STFU?

:lol: you're such a tool m8.

Nuremberg Royal

by Nuremberg Royal » 14 Sep 2016 08:12

CountryRoyal
Nuremberg Royal
CountryRoyal
Maybe not but Hudderfield are my dark horses for a top 6 spot this season - and not just because they're currently top of the table. They've been improving ever since Wagner took over and absolutely anhialted us at their place last season and with Mooy on loan from City they've got a really good chance to turn good performances into results. Barnsley will be fine. They've got enough goals in the side to not be be involved down the bottom but think the playoffs are too much especially considering the strength of some of the sides.

Tough home game against Brum who we haven't had the best of times against recently.

4 points would be a pretty good return out of this lost imo.

I think you are right to fancy Huddersfield....they seem to have a very strong team ethic installed. I don't see them fading away either. Is that where you see 3 points dropped?

No, I don't see us getting anything up at Barnsley. I fancy us to be competitive and at least keep it tight at home.

It's a really hard run of games though on current form and I could just as easily see us losing all 3.

I'd take 4 points and unbeaten at home now.

Think you may be on track here.....
Well we got the first of those 4 points....now on to Barnsley.