Team/Predictions/crowd - Huddersfield (H)

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Team/Predictions/crowd - Huddersfield (H)

by sandman » 22 Sep 2016 21:58

CountryRoyal
Blimey! Now this really is rattLOLed.

I love the fact his name on here is topflight18, as though he's trying to use his name to say "hey look, we're a big club, we've been in the PL". Ultimately they're a dull, uninteresting team that nobody is bothered about. People don't look forward to playing them or visiting their ground or the general area, and to be honest they're a bit like Fulham and Charlton....small clubs that nobody cares about. Certainly don't think anyone would notice if they suddenly ceased to exist.

Bloody Hell. We get it lads, Reading aren't a traditionally big club. We know we aren't a particularly interesting club that people get excited about playing, we know the Stadium is soulless and we know we have a lame family day out vibe. It's not some big secret that we're entirely oblivious to.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Sep 2016 22:05

Snowball Who names their beard?

Tom Cruise by all accounts.

Allegedly.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Sep 2016 09:41

Mission accomplished for topflight18, it seems.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Sep 2016 09:52

CountryRoyal
Snowball Who names their beard?

I found this a lot funnier than it is :lol:

Blimey! Now this really is rattLOLed.

I love the fact his name on here is topflight18, as though he's trying to use his name to say "hey look, we're a big club, we've been in the PL". Ultimately they're a dull, uninteresting team that nobody is bothered about. People don't look forward to playing them or visiting their ground or the general area, and to be honest they're a bit like Fulham and Charlton....small clubs that nobody cares about. Certainly don't think anyone would notice if they suddenly ceased to exist.

How upset is this guy? It's not even good wumming. Judging by his reaction Kes would make this guy cry.

Quite a funny post actually. He could well be describing Huddersfield, apart from the Premier League bit of course.

I thought everyone liked going to Fulham, and Charlton have some of the best stewarding going. Nice inofensive clubs.

Quite a few people seem to like us too. Just the other day the Chelsea U23 commentator said how nice it would be to have us back in the PL. And first time round we seemed to be everyone's second team.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Sep 2016 09:58

Reading are a shit club, just like QPR. Shit fans, shit away support, no history.

Reading is one of these soulless places. Just a shopping centre with houses. Not a bit of character.

Used to live in Crowthorne, every Reading fan was a cock, with one in particular, always had an irrational dislike for them since then.

Reading another one of them nothing clubs who think their big much like QPR.

More clubs saying how remarkably unremarkable we are

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Sep 2016 10:38

It's a bit rich for Huddersfield fans to criticise us for a lack of history considering their major domestic trophies came in the 20s, before southern teams had established themselves in the Football League due to not being allowed in until 1920. Things might well have been different had everyone been allowed in when the Football League was founded in 1892, or at least 1910 when Huddersfield were let in.
Last edited by tidus_mi2 on 23 Sep 2016 10:44, edited 1 time in total.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Sep 2016 10:40

genome

Reading is one of these soulless places. Just a shopping centre with houses. Not a bit of character.

I'm not having that! We've got two shopping centres.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Sep 2016 10:59

Jeez, I went to Huddersfield last year and it was an absolute hole. Surrounding areas are nice, but 'Uddersfield is grim.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 23 Sep 2016 11:14

I find it grating that people from Huddersfield and the like criticise Reading for being soulless or not having anything to offer. It's usually people who have spent 20 minutes here at the train station, or the oracle and that's it.

What's so great about Huddersfield?

I think we have a great night life here in terms of options and late night establishments, lots of things going on such as music festivals (I don't mean the main Reading one), Reading fringe which was great this year, food events, the butter market, great restaurants, etc... not to mention The Hexagon having some decent events, plus other smaller theatres such as Propsect Theatre, Rising Sun Arts centre, the prison art project, The abbey ruins, etc... What else do people want?

If local's only complaint is "no bowling and no ice rink" then that's a pretty healthy situation to be in. We're not perfect but Reading is improving with the whole development around Jackson's Corner for a start, plus Station Hill, Royal Elm Park and hopefully in time, the whole area around the back of the Butts Centre.

My issue is ... yea criticise if you want, but back it up with something constructive and don't criticise if you come from somewhere even more sh*tty.

It's so easy on message boards to say "Preston/Derby/Ipswich/whatever... what a dump, some crappy shops and a few pubs" I wouldn't ever do that as having been to some of these places, I've spent a handful of hours there and in no position to criticise.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Sep 2016 11:15

genome
Used to live in Crowthorne, every Reading fan was a cock, with one in particular, always had an irrational dislike for them since then.

I think we know who this guy is talking about *cough* Brendy *cough* :wink:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 23 Sep 2016 11:19

Hendo
genome

:lol: theres only one Huddersfield fan I know of from crowthorne, and if its him id imagine he talking about hating wally bassoon. :lol:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Sep 2016 11:20

Maneki Neko
Hendo
genome

:lol: theres only one Huddersfield fan I know of from crowthorne, and if its him id imagine he talking about hating wally bassoon. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Sep 2016 11:37

What have Udders got against QPR, too? Do they have something against teams in hoops?

Saaaaaaaammmmmm

by Saaaaaaaammmmmm » 23 Sep 2016 11:56

We're due to give someone a good tonking, so 4-0 to the nothing club

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Sep 2016 12:21

bobby1413 I find it grating that people from Huddersfield and the like criticise Reading for being soulless or not having anything to offer. It's usually people who have spent 20 minutes here at the train station, or the oracle and that's it.

I think we have a great night life here in terms of options and late night establishments, lots of things going on such as music festivals (I don't mean the main Reading one), Reading fringe which was great this year, food events, the butter market, great restaurants, etc... not to mention The Hexagon having some decent events, plus other smaller theatres such as Propsect Theatre, Rising Sun Arts centre, the prison art project, The abbey ruins, etc... What else do people want?

If local's only complaint is "no bowling and no ice rink" then that's a pretty healthy situation to be in. We're not perfect but Reading is improving with the whole development around Jackson's Corner for a start, plus Station Hill, Royal Elm Park and hopefully in time, the whole area around the back of the Butts Centre.

My issue is ... yea criticise if you want, but back it up with something constructive and don't criticise if you come from somewhere even more sh*tty.

It's so easy on message boards to say "Preston/Derby/Ipswich/whatever... what a dump, some crappy shops and a few pubs" I wouldn't ever do that as having been to some of these places, I've spent a handful of hours there and in no position to criticise.

I actually quite like Huddersfield - it's got a lot of character and while you get your standard northern dilapidated parts there are also some bloody nice ones.

Football stadium is worse than ours tho but at least it's close to town.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 23 Sep 2016 12:44

Good job the Thai's are planning to re-develop the area by the sound of things... :lol:

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 23 Sep 2016 12:51

Don't mind Huddersfield personally, friendly town and people. These days a nice inoffensive unfashionable mid range Championship club like ourselves. Always thought Leeds Road, if you put a "Cowshed" roof on the Tilehurst End was like a slightly bigger Northern version of Elm Park.

I remember the mid-late 80s cup games and also the Foot of Division 2 battles, because that is what they seemed like watching them, no quarter asked or given in the good old days! Trev, Colin Baillie's scuffed 3-2 winner, Billy Whitehurst, Keith Edwards for them. Could get a bit hairy up there in the 80s as an away fan though. God, I feel old all of a sudden!

Back to tomorrow, two teams cancelling each other out playing in a similar way, 0-0 but a decent game. Crowd 16,982, a decent 1,200ish from Huddersfield.

Good luck to them after tomorrow, and hope they can continue to poke a stick in the eye of the Divisions big boys if we are not going to be doing that ourselves this season.
Last edited by Mr Optimist on 23 Sep 2016 15:07, edited 1 time in total.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 23 Sep 2016 12:51

bobby1413 I find it grating that people from Huddersfield and the like criticise Reading for being soulless or not having anything to offer. It's usually people who have spent 20 minutes here at the train station, or the oracle and that's it.

Now who's getting rattled?

Hoods

by Hoods » 23 Sep 2016 13:36

tidus_mi2 It's a bit rich for Huddersfield fans to criticise us for a lack of history considering their major domestic trophies came in the 20s, before southern teams had established themselves in the Football League due to not being allowed in until 1920. Things might well have been different had everyone been allowed in when the Football League was founded in 1892, or at least 1910 when Huddersfield were let in.

1908 actually.

Ok I bit. The first and one of only four clubs to win the league 3 times in a row, three times runners up, three times third, FA cup winners once 5 times finalists, never out of top 2 divisions until mid 70s, record attendance 67037, still pulled in 40000 for big games when last in top flight in the early 70s.
There are some idiot comments by Town fans on that website but please accept that Town fans have pride in their history.

That said, I like Reading, spent some time in Finchampstead and the area around Berks/Hants border is stunning. Many of the people slagging it off have barely been out of Kirklees. As for Hudds nice rural out to the south , not so nice urban conurbation to the north, cosmopolitan, world renown choral society, literature festival, many listed buildings, reggae sound system capital of the north, fairly liberal sort of place with a tradition of real ale breweries and pubs.
By the way Top Flight has now been making racist comments so I doubt if he will be posting again.

Good luck Saturday, I will be happy with a draw.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Sep 2016 14:45

genome
Reading are a shit club, just like QPR. Shit fans, shit away support, no history.

Reading another one of them nothing clubs who think their big much like QPR.

Wife's cousin lived in Huddersfield, it is the absolute definition of a dead soulless town. Actually makes Stoke look like a thriving bustling metropolis.