Team/Predictions/crowd - Huddersfield (H)

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Team/Predictions/crowd - Huddersfield (H)

by Norfolk Royal » 23 Sep 2016 15:43

bobby1413 I find it grating that people from Huddersfield and the like criticise Reading for being soulless or not having anything to offer. It's usually people who have spent 20 minutes here at the train station, or the oracle and that's it.

What's so great about Huddersfield?

I think we have a great night life here in terms of options and late night establishments, lots of things going on such as music festivals (I don't mean the main Reading one), Reading fringe which was great this year, food events, the butter market, great restaurants, etc... not to mention The Hexagon having some decent events, plus other smaller theatres such as Propsect Theatre, Rising Sun Arts centre, the prison art project, The abbey ruins, etc... What else do people want?

If local's only complaint is "no bowling and no ice rink" then that's a pretty healthy situation to be in. We're not perfect but Reading is improving with the whole development around Jackson's Corner for a start, plus Station Hill, Royal Elm Park and hopefully in time, the whole area around the back of the Butts Centre.

My issue is ... yea criticise if you want, but back it up with something constructive and don't criticise if you come from somewhere even more sh*tty.

It's so easy on message boards to say "Preston/Derby/Ipswich/whatever... what a dump, some crappy shops and a few pubs" I wouldn't ever do that as having been to some of these places, I've spent a handful of hours there and in no position to criticise.

And that's without even mentioning the Blue Pool at Stanford Dingley.

Half Biscuit

by Half Biscuit » 23 Sep 2016 16:38

"Don't rise to one tit likely on a wind up.
So what if they haven't a long term history and so what if ours has been naff since the 80s. Neither club are shit, tinpot, etc.
Being a football fan seems to temporarily subtract years off people's mental age. Crap 'banter'.
Anyway, seems like a 50:50 game to me."

That's from their site. Could be applied to any set of fans.
The folk on their site seemed pretty decent until Mr One Tit turned up. Pretty knowledgeable about RFC history, too. One of them mentioned 'the ghost of Trevor Senior'. Another wrote about Michael Gilkes seemingly hovering over the ground as he ran. And another had seen Robin Friday playing there in 1975-6. At that time they were a bit of a fallen giant, and even playing against them was a novelty. Now they're on the up again, so we'd do well not to underestimate them. And by the way, we have a pretty lousy record against them recently.
Reality check, 0-2.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Sep 2016 17:09

leon Anyway Swift will score in the north stand goal from behind the wind turbine.

Now i might be wrong but i dont think that goal would be allowed to stand (ball technically being out of play at the time it was struck) mind you the officials this season have been spectacularly dump so who knows.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Sep 2016 17:32

v

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Sep 2016 17:47

24100 sell-out crowd amass to watch the champions elect

5-0 Reading....derssfeyld finally get the beasting that they deserve having played their part in some of the most boring games at the 'stad in recent years.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 23 Sep 2016 19:56

Having been ooop there a few times, the only decent thing in Huddersfield is the Gas workers social club near the ground, cheap parking, ale and grub............. Oh and the motorway coming out
The rest is grey, dingy and very very grim indeed. The ground is even more soul less than ours

I think thats all you need to know

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Sep 2016 20:02

Can picture the scene RCI

But this is a home game...and Reading aint so different

Our increasing traffic jams and generic shitstem councillors...make sure of that

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Sep 2016 20:04

AthleticoSpizz 24100 sell-out crowd amass to watch the champions elect

5-0 Reading....derssfeyld finally get the beasting that they deserve having played their part in some of the most boring games at the 'stad in recent years.

Aside from the two home games last year which had a total of 11 goals?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Sep 2016 20:09

What the fiick are you crapping on about?....oh hold-on.......maybe I am remembering too many 1-1 draws

Ftr....league games.....which were boring.......

.....nice to have a post " noticed". Tho

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 23 Sep 2016 20:53

Worked on a project up there for a couple of weeks last year. No decent hotels anywhere near. Though I did find a brilliant fish and chip shop which was so cheap too.

1-1 Harriott
58% possession

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 23 Sep 2016 21:46

This has Sheffield Utd 2005/6 all over it.

Same score, late winner

2-1

Crux

by Crux » 24 Sep 2016 10:11

Huddersfield won a couple of trophies nearly 100 years ago before football was properly formed and they think they're Liverpool because of it judging by some of their comments.

Since then they have been your run if the mill dreary northern outpost.

Revising my prediction to 2-0

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Sep 2016 10:24

Winnershroyal This has Sheffield Utd 2005/6 all over it.

Same score, late winner

2-1

Sekou Baradji = Reading Legend