BFTG - Brentford (a)

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: BFTG - Brentford (a)

by John Madejski's Wallet » 28 Sep 2016 16:48

LWJ
bobby1413 What are the words to it, I know:

Jaap Stam had a dream
To build a football team
But we had no players so went and signed them for freeeeeeeeeeeeeee
??????????????? (I thought it was "We built from the back" but it didn't sound like that when I heard it last night)
With rakells in attack
We're Reading FC, we're on our way back

IMO should change it to:
we build from the back,
with three in attack,
we're Reading FC, we're on our way back

Steady on, we struggle to even have one in attack

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 28 Sep 2016 16:50

John Madejski's Wallet
LWJ

Jaap Stam had a dream
To build a football team
??????????????? (I thought it was "We built from the back" but it didn't sound like that when I heard it last night)
With rakells in attack

IMO should change it to:
we build from the back,
with three in attack,

With no-one in attack?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Sep 2016 16:56

We're sometimes a load of crap?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 28 Sep 2016 17:03

John Madejski's Wallet
LWJ

Jaap Stam had a dream
To build a football team
With rakells in attack

IMO should change it to:
we build from the back,
with three in attack,

Technically formation is 433 :P

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 28 Sep 2016 17:04

genome Scott Chegg ‏@ScottChegg2016 34m34 minutes ago
I've written a strongly worded letter to the club demanding answers for last night and requesting my money back.Awaiting a reply #readingfc

:lol:

Been having a running argument with this bellend for a few weeks. He suggested that a few of them were going to get together and speak to the club regarding how the team was playing. :roll:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Sep 2016 17:07

tidus_mi2
I've written a strongly worded letter to the club demanding answers for last night and requesting my money back.Awaiting a reply #readingfc

#D*cksOutForScott

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 28 Sep 2016 20:05

Cheggers sounds a prize plum. Can I suggest he spends his time watching ice hockey in Milton Keynes in future and gives the football a steer if he is of a sensitive nature.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Sep 2016 21:24

Just watched the highlights, which is obviously only a small skewed part of the game, but I thought Brentford were just totally on it and almost unplayable. I don't think there were many huge errors from us. They spotted our weaknesses and exploited them, whilst we had a bit of an off day. Not even a huge one, we were just up against a very slick team who were on song.

It's the sort of game where you expect the away fans to becry their team being shit, whilst the home fans look bemused and say, yeah, because we made you shit. As we've seen ourselves at the Mad stad a few times.

We were unlucky not to score more with a few decent chances inches from success. Though I think Brentford were easily the better side. Evans' effort goes in it might be a touch different I spose.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Sep 2016 21:31

First half up to the goal was very very even. They didn't really have any clear cut chances up until then. If we'd gone in 1 up with Evans header they couldn't have grumbled really

2nd half they had their 2 goal head start and were able to relax and play their decent football - which fair play to them they did. We did help them with some wayward passing as you can see on SS. Even then it was hardly wave after wave of Brentford attack though

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Sep 2016 21:31

LWJ
John Madejski's Wallet
LWJ IMO should change it to:
we build from the back,
with three in attack,

Technically formation is 433 :P

Rakels wasn't signed on a free transfer. :?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 29 Sep 2016 10:02

Ian Royal Just watched the highlights, which is obviously only a small skewed part of the game, but I thought Brentford were just totally on it and almost unplayable. I don't think there were many huge errors from us. They spotted our weaknesses and exploited them, whilst we had a bit of an off day. Not even a huge one, we were just up against a very slick team who were on song.

It's the sort of game where you expect the away fans to becry their team being shit, whilst the home fans look bemused and say, yeah, because we made you shit. As we've seen ourselves at the Mad stad a few times.

We were unlucky not to score more with a few decent chances inches from success. Though I think Brentford were easily the better side. Evans' effort goes in it might be a touch different I spose.

This is why Ian, you do need to go to the games. The highlights tell you nothing.

"I thought Brentford were just totally on it and almost unplayable." This is nonsense for a start. We were the makers of many of our own problems on Tuesday night. Brentford were certainly not unplayable.

"I don't think there were many huge errors from us." There were plenty of major errors from us. Especially in the early part of the second half. We kept passing the ball to Brentford.

"They spotted our weaknesses and exploited them" They certainly exploited our weaknesses. No doubt about that. They didn't need to spot our weaknesses. We gave them the ball a lot and didn't defend well.

"Whilst we had a bit of an off day."
Yes, we did have an off day. If we had more luck with some of our chances going in though, I'm sure it would have been a different game with a different outcome.

"We were just up against a very slick team who were on song." I wouldn't describe Brentford as a very slick team who were on song.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 29 Sep 2016 10:30

LWJ

Been having a running argument with this bellend for a few weeks. He suggested that a few of them were going to get together and speak to the club regarding how the team was playing. :roll:

He's obviously on a wind up as he also tweeted:

"Never been so ashamed to be a Reading fan as I have tonight. Just rolling over against our biggest rivals"
"The honeymoon is over, that was embarassing. Jaap needs to take responsibility for this"

Absolutely idiot who doesn't deserve any responses

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Sep 2016 10:40

Top Flight
Ian Royal Just watched the highlights, which is obviously only a small skewed part of the game, but I thought Brentford were just totally on it and almost unplayable. I don't think there were many huge errors from us. They spotted our weaknesses and exploited them, whilst we had a bit of an off day. Not even a huge one, we were just up against a very slick team who were on song.

This is why Ian, you do need to go to the games. The highlights tell you nothing.

"I thought Brentford were just totally on it and almost unplayable." This is nonsense for a start. We were the makers of many of our own problems on Tuesday night. Brentford were certainly not unplayable.

"I don't think there were many huge errors from us." There were plenty of major errors from us. Especially in the early part of the second half. We kept passing the ball to Brentford.

"They spotted our weaknesses and exploited them" They certainly exploited our weaknesses. No doubt about that. They didn't need to spot our weaknesses. We gave them the ball a lot and didn't defend well.

Yes, we did have an off day. If we had more luck with some of our chances going in though, I'm sure it would have been a different game with a different outcome.

"We were just up against a very slick team who were on song." I wouldn't describe Brentford as a very slick team who were on song.

I'm just giving a view from the highlights, not saying you're all wrong ffs. I'm quite clear it's just based on the highlights which isn't a full picture.

Although I expected far worse errors in the build up to the first two goals based on descriptions from this thread.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 29 Sep 2016 10:46

Ian, just come back to the Mad Stad and start watching us again every week. Stam needs your support. We want to get to the Premier League and we need your money. We need you back buddy.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Sep 2016 10:53

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 29 Sep 2016 13:50

Top Flight

I would

Even in the first half when we looked at our best Brentford threatened with one or two attacks.
The first goal was just a very good goal - you just have to acknowledge that sometimes.

So yes they are a decent outfit, pretty slick at times and pretty physical. We on the other hand were lacklustre and lacked energy until Quinn came on.

No cause for alarm but I would say well played Brentford. They will be difficult to beat at home based on that.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 29 Sep 2016 15:33

what that best where we created 1 tame shot on target straight at Bentley and one goal mouth scramble and ended up 2-0 down?
Last edited by Focher on 29 Sep 2016 17:13, edited 1 time in total.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 29 Sep 2016 16:18

Focher what that best were we created

Well said Fochs, well said

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Sep 2016 16:26

Focher what that best were we created 1 tame shot on target straight at Bentley and one goal mouth scramble and ended up 2-0 down?

we hit the post in the first half

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 29 Sep 2016 17:12

jd82
Focher what that best were we created

Well said Fochs, well said