Hound You shouldn’t watch them if it’s just making you angry Leon

:D

OldBiscuit

Re: Rival Watch

by OldBiscuit » 23 Nov 2019 17:24

Old Man Andrews
OldBiscuit
paultheroyal

Excellent appointment for them. World Class coach. I think he will be an instant success.

Well after talking to a few Spurs fans i get the feeling that they would rather have Prince Andrew in charge.

(P.S. Real Spurs fans that go to the games.)

That's because Spurs supporters are completely delusional, whiny, moany, self entitled and so used to failure that it warps their tiny minds. They think they have the "Spurs way" and Mourinho will change that. The Spurs way is just a myth, its meaningless. They haven't won anything for about 10 years now, 10 years!! Pochettino won nothing for them, he failed. Mourinho doesn't fail and before someone says it he didn't fail at United, he won the Europa League and League Cup with them and took them to 2nd in the league. Where are they now? Nowhere.

Mourinho is a winner, Spurs are losers and always have been. Daniel Levy is trying to change that and he's doing it by employing one of the most successful club managers of all time. Anyone who thinks he is a bad manager needs to look at the stuff he has won, it stands up against any manager in history.

That's a quite out of context aggressive reply old man.
I suspect there's an underlying problem here. Was your Wife's ex-boyfriend a Tottenham Fan?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Nov 2019 17:35

OldBiscuit
Old Man Andrews
OldBiscuit
Well after talking to a few Spurs fans i get the feeling that they would rather have Prince Andrew in charge.

(P.S. Real Spurs fans that go to the games.)

That's because Spurs supporters are completely delusional, whiny, moany, self entitled and so used to failure that it warps their tiny minds. They think they have the "Spurs way" and Mourinho will change that. The Spurs way is just a myth, its meaningless. They haven't won anything for about 10 years now, 10 years!! Pochettino won nothing for them, he failed. Mourinho doesn't fail and before someone says it he didn't fail at United, he won the Europa League and League Cup with them and took them to 2nd in the league. Where are they now? Nowhere.

Mourinho is a winner, Spurs are losers and always have been. Daniel Levy is trying to change that and he's doing it by employing one of the most successful club managers of all time. Anyone who thinks he is a bad manager needs to look at the stuff he has won, it stands up against any manager in history.

I suspect there's an underlying problem here. Was your Wife's ex-boyfriend a Tottenham Fan?

All I've what I've said is facts.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Nov 2019 12:43

Boro fans booing the full back for having the audacity for being on the end of a knee high tackle that resulted in a red card. :D

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Nov 2019 15:21

windermereROYAL Boro fans booing the full back for having the audacity for being on the end of a knee high tackle that resulted in a red card. :D

Saw that, was a stone wall red card!

Hull extremely reliant on their two wingers. Grosicki had a mare but luckily for them, Bowen came up with the goods. Two long term injuries to those two and they'd plummet. The joys of actually playing two good wingers :cry:

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 24 Nov 2019 20:31

Old Man Andrews
OldBiscuit
Old Man Andrews That's because Spurs supporters are completely delusional, whiny, moany, self entitled and so used to failure that it warps their tiny minds. They think they have the "Spurs way" and Mourinho will change that. The Spurs way is just a myth, its meaningless. They haven't won anything for about 10 years now, 10 years!! Pochettino won nothing for them, he failed. Mourinho doesn't fail and before someone says it he didn't fail at United, he won the Europa League and League Cup with them and took them to 2nd in the league. Where are they now? Nowhere.

You're all in a fluster here. Answer the question. Did your Mrs have a close relationship with a Spurs fan and you're still struggling to come to terms with it?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 24 Nov 2019 23:09

Old Man Andrews
OldBiscuit
Old Man Andrews

Liverpool have never won the Premier League. Doesn't make any of their managers terrible. After all only one team can ever claim the title. A whole combination of factors need to be in favour to be successful over a whole season. If football was predictable as F1 I'd give up attending matches.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Nov 2019 16:55

Seems to be a few select words used by Monk on Clotet (his old assistant). I don’t think there’s anything wrong with what Clotet did personally, anyone would jump at the chance of becoming a manager surely?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Nov 2019 16:59

URZZZZ Seems to be a few select words used by Monk on Clotet (his old assistant). I don’t think there’s anything wrong with what Clotet did personally, anyone would jump at the chance of becoming a manager surely?

The implication is Clotet went behind Monks back to the chairman to get the job whilst Monk was still there from what I've read.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Nov 2019 21:36

How the oxf*rd are Preston in the play-offs right now?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Nov 2019 21:36

Hull 4-0 up

Champ is a strange old division at times

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Nov 2019 23:41

tidus_mi2 How the oxf*rd are Preston in the play-offs right now?

Because they have accumulated the necessary amount of points thus far in the season in order to be in the play off positions.

Hope this helps.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Nov 2019 00:46

Preston are a side built on structure, so it's not surprising to see them tonked 4-0 against the two best wingers in the league with a CM (Ledson) at RB and a RB (Rafferty) at LB

Having watched both West Brom and Leeds this season, I think West Brom are comfortably the better side, Robson Kanu is really starting to deliver up top too with a goal ratio of 1 every 101 minutes

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Nov 2019 01:39

Seems like for the second season in a row, we've completely railroaded QPR's season. Excellent

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Nov 2019 07:40

URZZZZ
Having watched both West Brom and Leeds this season, I think West Brom are comfortably the better side, Robson Kanu is really starting to deliver up top too with a goal ratio of 1 every 101 minutes

Agreed. WBA look the complete package

I can’t see any other rivals for Leeds’ second place at the moment though - all too inconsistent

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Nov 2019 07:49

Leeds are far better than WBA.

Wycombe still top of League 1. Gareth Ainsworth continues to work his magic.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Nov 2019 08:01

URZZZZ Seems like for the second season in a row, we've completely railroaded QPR's season. Excellent

To be fair, their recent run after us has been Brentford, Leeds, Fulham, Forest - only point against Boro. I think they may well have got the exact same number of points from that run even if they had beaten us.

Their run up to playing us again is pretty favourable, only a Preston side starting to stutter from the top half - if they fail to pick up many more points from the next 5 then we can say their season is railroaded.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Nov 2019 08:03

Anyway, results haven't been too bad for us given back to back defeats. We are still 18th, though gap to 17th is now 5 points. Target has to be to try and close that quickly else we will be stuck in a 7 team mini league (well 6 and Barnsley) to avoid the drop.

Need to avoid defeat at Wigan and ideally win so as to begin to close that gap and open up a buffer below again.

17303 posts