Rival Watch

17303 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Franchise FC » 31 Jan 2022 12:34

Zip
YorkshireRoyal99 I wondered why exactly the Tom Lawrence bid wasn't accepted. Was it around £500k? If they are projected to run out of money but February/March time, does potentially £500k not buy them an extra couple of weeks at least to secure new ownership of the club?

It seems like a fair and reasonable offer to me given his contract is up in 5 months time. That's probably about the value of his contract so you're essentially saving £500k on his wages whilst receiving £500k payment, essentially a £1m swing in favour of the financial side of the club. Surely their biggest priority has to be bringing in whatever income they can so that the club can keep going for longer.

Yep. That’s how I see it.

Have the administrators issued an update ?
If so, have any of the creditors posted the details somewhere?

Unless both of those have happened we’re guessing that they’re going to run out of cash. All we know for certain is the EFL have demanded that they prove they have enough to get them to the end of the season. The rest is conjecture.

If I were working for the administrators I’d be trying my hardest to ‘prove’ there were sufficient funds to complete the season because that’s the way the creditors get the most return and that is the administrators legal duty.
If the administrators can show that to be the case without selling assets then that’s the way they’ll go.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 31 Jan 2022 15:31

Zip
WestYorksRoyal Obviously I wouldn't want to swap places with Derby, given that they don't know whether they'll still exist in 2 months time. But at a time of adversity, it looks like the whole club is pulling in the same direction and it shows on the pitch, while nothing of the sort is on show here. If they catch, they'll deserve it.

Can’t agree unless they pay their debts. Otherwise they are cheating the system. They are keeping all of their best players and doubtless looking to get out of paying creditors in full. It should not be allowed. They are getting away with it big time and it may well be at our expense. If our club was in any way properly organised we would be challenging the EFL over this right now.

Yep
I’m just hoping the club is doing something behind the scenes

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 31 Jan 2022 16:28

bcubed
Zip
WestYorksRoyal Obviously I wouldn't want to swap places with Derby, given that they don't know whether they'll still exist in 2 months time. But at a time of adversity, it looks like the whole club is pulling in the same direction and it shows on the pitch, while nothing of the sort is on show here. If they catch, they'll deserve it.

Can’t agree unless they pay their debts. Otherwise they are cheating the system. They are keeping all of their best players and doubtless looking to get out of paying creditors in full. It should not be allowed. They are getting away with it big time and it may well be at our expense. If our club was in any way properly organised we would be challenging the EFL over this right now.

Yep
I’m just hoping the club is doing something behind the scenes

A players car wash to raise money to pay there wages till the end of the year?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 31 Jan 2022 19:57

Bournemouth signing players left, right and centre and all appear to be decent buys/loans.
They really are going for broke and I still feel that they will end up 1st or 2nd.

Obvs. would prefer that they didn't get promoted and could take great pleasure in their 2nd FFP comeuppance.,

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Jan 2022 20:53

Bournemouth have now also signed Sikiri Dembele from Peterborough, Derby losing Plange to Palace. Not a bad deadline day when your rivals weaken.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2022 20:56

Not seen that on plange but Cardiff losing Moore and Peterborough Dembele is handy.

But weird all the teams in the bottom 5 selling players off, but Cardiff have at least replaced them

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2022 20:58

Just read Plange will be loaned back to them for the season though

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Jan 2022 20:59

Hound Not seen that on plange but Cardiff losing Moore and Peterborough Dembele is handy.

But weird all the teams in the bottom 5 selling players off, but Cardiff have at least replaced them

Yeah Cardiff have signed well this window, you'd expect them to stay up with that.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jan 2022 21:49

YorkshireRoyal99
Hound Not seen that on plange but Cardiff losing Moore and Peterborough Dembele is handy.

Yeah Cardiff have signed well this window, you'd expect them to stay up with that.

I’d expect them to stay up on the basis they’re not as hopeless as us Barnsley or Peterborough.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 31 Jan 2022 23:58

So Derby's "fire sale" resulted them in losing none of their players for the rest of this season, and pocketing £1M.

Frankly, whoever the administrators are they have done a better job in this window then many people who are nominated as Director of Football!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Feb 2022 01:07

So the summary of the transfer window is that we lost Carroll,Cabral, Moore and Puscas and gained Ince and Hein. I would say that we are a good deal weaker overall and will now be very reliant on less injuries between now and May.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Feb 2022 06:11

Yes difficult to be too positive about that window

Club will be making some saving on wages, but whether we are saving much if any on the Puscas and Moore deals is debatable

Ince should come in handy but it’s not like he offers something different particularly

Very reliant on Joao and Meite staying fit, and that’s not a great position to be in. Pauno was whining about bringing in defensive options and that hasn’t happened either

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Feb 2022 06:52

Makes it clear we are going 1 up top from here on in.

Could be interesting if we deploy Hoilett and Ince as wide parts of a front 3 though.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 01 Feb 2022 06:57

andrew1957 So the summary of the transfer window is that we lost Carroll,Cabral, Moore and Puscas and gained Ince and Hein. I would say that we are a good deal weaker overall and will now be very reliant on less injuries between now and May.

On the flip side, could be a big step in the right direction on FFP. If Pisa get promoted and Moore performs well enough to put himself in the shop window, that's 3 big earners out and €5m in.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Feb 2022 07:32

Stoke signed 6 in this window; Moore, Jagielka, Harwood-Bellis, Baker, Philogene-Bidace and, Maja four of whom are loan deals. A desperate attempt to get promoted and avoid ffp?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Feb 2022 07:36

Hound Yes difficult to be too positive about that window

Club will be making some saving on wages, but whether we are saving much if any on the Puscas and Moore deals is debatable

Ince should come in handy but it’s not like he offers something different particularly

Very reliant on Joao and Meite staying fit, and that’s not a great position to be in. Pauno was whining about bringing in defensive options and that hasn’t happened either

We moved on a keeper who wasn't playing and was full of errors, a striker who couldn't score or control the ball, a terrible centreback who had already been sent to coventry and was a financial millstone around our neck, and Carroll, who would only be back up to Joao.

Pretty great window imo.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Feb 2022 07:39

Don’t doubt all should have been moved on and obviously if Puscas and Moore do sign on permanently then yes longer term it’s a positive

But losing 4 experienced players who could provide an option and bringing in 1 isn’t great in our position - esp as it actually hasn’t brought in any significant money savings yet - bar the Rafael wage

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Feb 2022 07:47

Hound Don’t doubt all should have been moved on and obviously if Puscas and Moore do sign on permanently then yes longer term it’s a positive

But losing 4 experienced players who could provide an option and bringing in 1 isn’t great in our position - esp as it actually hasn’t brought in any significant money savings yet - bar the Rafael wage

Would have thought Puscas must have been on a reasonable wedge?

Wonder if there is much difference between Ince and Moore’s wages?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Feb 2022 08:10

Sutekh
Hound Don’t doubt all should have been moved on and obviously if Puscas and Moore do sign on permanently then yes longer term it’s a positive

Would have thought Puscas must have been on a reasonable wedge?

Wonder if there is much difference between Ince and Moore’s wages?

Yeah, most of Cabral and a slice of Puscas is a decent wedge, assuming Moore is cost neutral.

Most importantly we can draw a line under the Moore debacle and hopefully improve squad morale.

And Ince gives us more pace and more wing options. With Meite and Mcintyre in the wings, the only thing we're really missing is a manager and a proper holding midfielder instead of Drinkwater.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Feb 2022 08:14

Well the manager is obviously the major issue now

I’m desperately trying to convince myself that we might now sack him as the window is shut and no incoming manager can make transfer demands and knows what he has to work with

17303 posts