Rival Watch

17303 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Zip » 23 Feb 2022 22:56

PATRIQT What a great night :lol:

Pressure getting too much for Derby. Can't wait to see those self entitled numpties in the third division next season. Exactly where they belong after all their cheating.

Yep.The Derby media love in has been sickening. They should have gone down last season. We need to demoralise them and beat Blackpool.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Feb 2022 23:14

Classic Liam Moore defending for Luton’s first tonight :lol:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 24 Feb 2022 00:07

Great week for us, couldn't have gone any better really. Relegation battle is still far from over though, we still need to get 5 more wins in my opinion to make us out of reach. 45 points should be the target to stay up, that would mean Derby or Posh would need more than 1.5 points per game for the rest of the season which is nearly playoff form.

Great chance to extend the gap with Lawrence out for Derby, 2 rivals playing each other and 2 tough but winnable games up next. Derby have similarly tough away fixtures to us, their home games left are easier on paper than ours though with Barnsley still to go to Pride Park.

I hope Posh v Hull is a draw and Luton continue their good form a bit longer. Barnsley have an in-form Middlesbrough but their away record is quite poor at Barnsley. Hope they can avoid defeat in that to keep them well behind.

Really hope we can win Saturday so we can get rid of the last of the negativity that's ubiquitous on this board.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 24 Feb 2022 00:29

Rax
PATRIQT What a great night :lol:

Pressure getting too much for Derby. Can't wait to see those self entitled numpties in the third division next season. Exactly where they belong after all their cheating.

Rodney would definitely jump ship then and after that the media love in would end....

Massively agreed on all these points and I'll add another, Derby fans criticising our fans for demonstrating against the manager, players and ownership "oop ere in Derby we support our team, that's why we'll get clear even with 21 points and you'll be in league one where you belong"

I tell you what, I'd love it if they turned on Rooney / the club when the reality hits.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Feb 2022 06:47

A week ago we were getting outplayed by Peterborough knowing a Boro goal would send us bottom 3 with Pauno in charge

8 points clear - it’s been a great week. Definitely fancy us to get something at Blackpool now

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 24 Feb 2022 07:45

CountryRoyal Classic Liam Moore defending for Luton’s first tonight :lol:

I kind of want Moore to do well at Stoke so they buy him at the end of the season (or someone does).

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 24 Feb 2022 07:53

It has been a great week, and hopefully the spirit and confidence in the squad, as well as us supporters has been given a massive shot in the arm. We need to not get complacent though because the situation can quickly change as quickly as it has done in our favour over the last 7 days.

We need to at least get a point at Blackpool on Saturday and hope Luton can beat Derby, because after that Derby have a winnable game midweek away at Cardiff. If they win both their games and we don’t pick anything up at the Vegas of the North, then it is back to a 3 point gap.

A big ask for Derby though without their talisman Captain Tom over the next two games, so if they get two wins fair play to them, but more realistic is a defeat at Luton and a win in Cardiff, so if we can get a point Saturday we will still be 6 points clear with 12 to play and a game in hand on Derby too.

The flip side to the Cardiff v Derby midweek game is if Derby win, Cardiff will still be in relative touching distance for us as they are unlikely to win this weekend as they’ve got Fulham at home.

It’s definitely the hope that kills you.
Last edited by Mr Optimist on 24 Feb 2022 07:55, edited 1 time in total.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Feb 2022 07:54

Brogue It’s time to stop looking over our shoulder and start looking at hull, Cardiff, Birmingham and Swansea now.

I couldn't give a shit whether we finish 18th or 21st. Gap to 22nd is everything

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Feb 2022 07:55

linkenholtroyal

I kind of want Moore to do well at Stoke so they buy him at the end of the season (or someone does).

This - I don't kid of want that - I want Moore to be a standout performer there or at least look like he did when he first got to us. If he plays like he has been for us of late, then there is only one place he'll be heading in the summer and that is back to us and we'll be stuck with his wages for another 12 months.

So I am a bit confused why people are finding him being shit funny - that is not good for the club.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 24 Feb 2022 07:56

WestYorksRoyal
Brogue It’s time to stop looking over our shoulder and start looking at hull, Cardiff, Birmingham and Swansea now.

I couldn't give a shit whether we finish 18th or 21st. Gap to 22nd is everything

Me neither but psychologically the more teams we can drag in to the relegation fight the better our odds will be of staying up!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Feb 2022 08:14

Mr Optimist
WestYorksRoyal

Me neither but psychologically the more teams we can drag in to the relegation fight the better our odds will be of staying up!

If we get ahead of any of the teams above us, then I think we can relax about relegation as our form will have to continue to be good to very good and theirs poor.

We should just be focused on us now. 8 points with 13/14 games left is a big gap but one that can disappear in a couple of games if we aren't careful.

We need to take advantage of our returning form this weekend as we know a defeat can send this side into a tailspin. If we take advantage, we could be 10 plus points clear of Derby and have played a game less than them (as I don't see them getting much from Luton & Cardiff as both are away).

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 Feb 2022 09:09

I do think Hull are the team that we can drag into it, although they themselves are 13 points clear of the relegation zone so it will take one heck of a swing for Derby to catch up to Hull, although it's not impossible.

I do think we should be looking at chasing down Hull and see if we can get above them just so we aren't the team being chased anymore and it can be someone else, but as said, I couldn't care less if we finish 21st on goal difference or 18th and 10 points clear come game 46, as long as we stay up.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Feb 2022 09:22

Derby absolutely hating Millwall this morning on their forums and Rowett's style of play and yet will be begging them to beat us next week - got to love football.

Loving Derby have us as "their rivals" - god i hate that club.

Anyway - brilliant results last night - 4 more wins and we are home - lets make it 3 come Saturday night URZ

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Feb 2022 09:27

Stranded
linkenholtroyal

This - I don't kid of want that - I want Moore to be a standout performer there or at least look like he did when he first got to us. If he plays like he has been for us of late, then there is only one place he'll be heading in the summer and that is back to us and we'll be stuck with his wages for another 12 months.

So I am a bit confused why people are finding him being shit funny - that is not good for the club.

watched the Stoke/Luton highlights and the Stoke defending was all very Liam Moore unfortunately. lots of panicked running around, sliding and ultimately ending in a couple of conceded goals

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 24 Feb 2022 09:29

Put did he shout a lot and point? Did he show PASHON!?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Feb 2022 09:40

NathStPaul Put did he shout a lot and point? Did he show PASHON!?

very much so. Punched the floor I reckon as well at some stage

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Feb 2022 09:52

linkenholtroyal

Want to see Pisa go up as well.i like Puscas but £5m in the bank and £15,000 a week off the wage bill will come in very handy.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Feb 2022 09:58

From Despair To Where?
linkenholtroyal

Want to see Pisa go up as well.i like Puscas but £5m in the bank and £15,000 a week off the wage bill will come in very handy.

Yeh. If they stay down is it an obligatory £2m? Or is that optional?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Feb 2022 10:23

Pepe the Horseman
From Despair To Where?
linkenholtroyal I kind of want Moore to do well at Stoke so they buy him at the end of the season (or someone does).

Yeh. If they stay down is it an obligatory £2m? Or is that optional?

Same some articles suggest the signing is optional - just the price differs depending on their division.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 24 Feb 2022 10:44

From Despair To Where?
linkenholtroyal

Even if we get the 2 million for Puscas and 500k- 1 million for Moore that is 2-3 million in the bank and 40-45k off the wage bill.
Would take that all day long for players we would not miss and the opportunity to tie down the likes of, Holmes, Tetek, southwood, Azeez, Rinhomota to multi year contracts on sustainable wages. No brainer

17303 posts