17303 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Mar 2022 18:32

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal Nath is OMA, yes.

Not technically true. There were two OMA's, shared login.

You going to claim you were the sane non-arsehole of the pair?

This is news to me.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Mar 2022 11:46

Rumours going round today that Derby's admins will confirm the preferred bidder today and that it will be a consortium that includes a certain Mr Mel Morris.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Mar 2022 11:55

Stranded Rumours going round today that Derby's admins will confirm the preferred bidder today and that it will be a consortium that includes a certain Mr Mel Morris.

Hmmmmm

How would that work I wonder

Weymouth Royal

by Weymouth Royal » 25 Mar 2022 12:05

Stranded Rumours going round today that Derby's admins will confirm the preferred bidder today and that it will be a consortium that includes a certain Mr Mel Morris.

:lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Mar 2022 13:36

Hound

Hmmmmm

No idea - could all be crap but he does still own the stadium - guess he wouldn't be the front man but would likely de facto still run the club if so. Can't imagine Derby fans being overly happy about it but if they still have a club when the season starts in July...

Also didn't Ken Bates do that at Leeds? Put them in admin and then buy them out for a quid. Lead to a rule change though.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 25 Mar 2022 14:44

Stranded
Hound

Hmmmmm

No idea - could all be crap but he does still own the stadium - guess he wouldn't be the front man but would likely de facto still run the club if so. Can't imagine Derby fans being overly happy about it but if they still have a club when the season starts in July...

Also didn't Ken Bates do that at Leeds? Put them in admin and then buy them out for a quid. Lead to a rule change though.

Do you reckon we could do a crowd fund to buy it and then liquidate it, might fill the rest of our squad for next year.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Mar 2022 15:01

Fcuking hell. Surely the bloke who landed them in the shit in first place can't be any sort of bidder, let alone preferred.

Ti be fair to Ken Bates (and I'm increadibly I'm loathe to be that), Leeds were already in the shit when he get involved.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 25 Mar 2022 15:29

That would be absolutely mental! He was the one that stitched them up in the first place, so how on Earth would he pass any sort of test for being a fit and proper individual to own any club, let alone the one he did over!

The EFL would be a laughing stock if they allowed it to happen.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Mar 2022 21:40

From Despair To Where? Fcuking hell. Surely the bloke who landed them in the shit in first place can't be any sort of bidder, let alone preferred.

Ti be fair to Ken Bates (and I'm increadibly I'm loathe to be that), Leeds were already in the shit when he get involved.

It's going to be interesting* if MM is part of any preferred bidder, as it may leave a stark choice between letting him back in or Derby going bust.

Telegraph reporting that it looks likely they will start next season on -15 as well.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Mar 2022 21:44

Just wonder how all their creditors would feel about him being part of the preferred bid. They'll kiss goodbye to 85%+ of what they're owed only to see him walk back in the door. If a club goes into administration on your watch, you should be barred from ownership.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Mar 2022 07:09

From Despair To Where? Just wonder how all their creditors would feel about him being part of the preferred bid. They'll kiss goodbye to 85%+ of what they're owed only to see him walk back in the door. If a club goes into administration on your watch, you should be barred from ownership.

It will be interesting* to see how HRMC react. They would take a deal if it means you will get tax from the clubnin future but would you trust that if the guy who ran up the 29m of debt in the first place is still involved?

You'd have to be minded to vote against the deal.

Anyway, The Sun putting 2+2 together today and saying George Clooney is going to buy the club because he told a local paper he was a Derby fan yesterday.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 29 Mar 2022 12:04

If you want a laugh, read the Derby Telegraph, Derby's equivilent (in more ways than one!) of the Evening Post.

A couple of recent articles;

1. They list every Championship player who will be out of contract at the end of the Season as a shopping list for players who Rooney should go after for next season (surely a list of League 1 players out of contract would have been more useful?)

2. They use their deep knowledge of the club, and their unrivalled insight to explain to their readers what Derby HAVE to do to stay up: maintain their home form, improve their away form, score more goals, concede fewer goals.

:D :D :D :D :D

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 29 Mar 2022 12:11

As much as I would love to laugh at other clubs local media I just don't think as a Reading supporter I am in a position to. Ours is the pits.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 29 Mar 2022 12:20

NathStPaul As much as I would love to laugh at other clubs local media I just don't think as a Reading supporter I am in a position to. Ours is the pits.

I suspect it is the same for all clubs actually; the local media will be uniformedly awful.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 29 Mar 2022 12:33

Mr Angry
NathStPaul As much as I would love to laugh at other clubs local media I just don't think as a Reading supporter I am in a position to. Ours is the pits.

I suspect it is the same for all clubs actually; the local media will be uniformedly awful.

Think we recently had an example at Reading that when local media is done correctly it can work. Benjy at the Chronicle did a fine job of it, you just have to be creative.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Mar 2022 12:42

NathStPaul
Mr Angry

Think we recently had an example at Reading that when local media is done correctly it can work. Benjy at the Chronicle did a fine job of it, you just have to be creative.

What are you suggesting about Mr Low :shock:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 29 Mar 2022 12:45

URZZZZ
NathStPaul
Mr Angry

What are you suggesting about Mr Low :shock:

That he is an inept, inaffective, uncreative journalist who has no real knowledge of football or Reading Football club.

Nice guy though.

Weymouth Royal

by Weymouth Royal » 30 Mar 2022 13:05

Sad to say, as nice as JLow is, our local reporting is the worst I have known it since the mid 90's. Jonathan really needs something else to cover; like garden fate's or local bake off's :|

We need someone young and who isn't scared to dig for a story and ruffle a few feathers along the way, much like Charles Watts did here. He got the balance just right.

And Joanthan, if you're reading this and I know you do glance on here; stop with the crappy articles about David Prutton's match predictions. Who cares?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 31 Mar 2022 08:32

Weymouth Royal And Joanthan, if you're reading this and I know you do glance on here; stop with the crappy articles about David Prutton's match predictions. Who cares?

The top boys at Reach and that's all that matters

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 31 Mar 2022 09:13

Weymouth Royal
And Joanthan, if you're reading this and I know you do glance on here; stop with the crappy articles about David Prutton's match predictions. Who cares?

You are not wrong there, terrible journalism, who needs to know that every sodding week?

17303 posts