17303 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rival Watch

by paultheroyal » 02 Sep 2022 12:07

Sutekh
YorkshireRoyal99
Hound Sounds like Bowler is moving on from Blackpool. Fear for Blackpool tbh, strong chance they’ll go down imo

Yeah, from the game I watched him and Fiorini were their best players for sure, everyone else were just kind of average. Not sure if Blackpool managed to bring someone in as a replacement, but that's probably their biggest attacking threat sold.

Could be a tough season for them if they can't replace that lost quality out wide.

Josh Bowler left Blackpool for Nottingham Forest and Forest have immediately sent him on out on loan to Olympiacos. Wonder if Forest wanted him for a sweetener for another deal with Olympiacos?

Must frustrate Blackpool fans seeing that as they must wonder if Blackpool asked Forest if he could be loaned back to them.

Forest chairman owns Olympiacos, so makes perfect sense, also a massive sweetener for the Greek supporters as i know they are fuming money is going on Forest and not their own club.

Must be a weird one for Josh, plying trade in Championship, on the seaside, and within ours, life changer, you are off to Greece.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Sep 2022 12:25

paultheroyal
Sutekh
YorkshireRoyal99
Yeah, from the game I watched him and Fiorini were their best players for sure, everyone else were just kind of average. Not sure if Blackpool managed to bring someone in as a replacement, but that's probably their biggest attacking threat sold.

Could be a tough season for them if they can't replace that lost quality out wide.

Josh Bowler left Blackpool for Nottingham Forest and Forest have immediately sent him on out on loan to Olympiacos. Wonder if Forest wanted him for a sweetener for another deal with Olympiacos?

Must frustrate Blackpool fans seeing that as they must wonder if Blackpool asked Forest if he could be loaned back to them.

Forest chairman owns Olympiacos, so makes perfect sense, also a massive sweetener for the Greek supporters as i know they are fuming money is going on Forest and not their own club.

Must be a weird one for Josh, plying trade in Championship, on the seaside, and within ours, life changer, you are off to Greece.

:lol:

Nice sweetener for a club who have won 22 of the last 26 Greek league titles to get a loan player from Blackpool.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 02 Sep 2022 14:24

From Despair To Where?
paultheroyal
Sutekh

Nice sweetener for a club who have won 22 of the last 26 Greek league titles to get a loan player from Blackpool.

Signing what is now a "premier league player" will appease a number of their fans".

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Sep 2022 14:29

I think you're crediting the Olympiacos fans with nowhere near enough intelligence.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 02 Sep 2022 14:56

From Despair To Where?
paultheroyal
Sutekh

Genuine LOL!!!!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Sep 2022 21:40

Swift looks even slower plodding forward than he did with us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Sep 2022 22:12

Watched 30m and thought wba looked very pedestrian

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 Sep 2022 23:36

Hound Watched 30m and thought wba looked very pedestrian

They have a bit about them though, admired their determination. Definitely not doing as well as they should be given the squad they have though.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 03 Sep 2022 15:21

Preston finally concede a goal, against Birmingham of all teams.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Sep 2022 16:25

Division just starting to settle with some of the expected names near the bottom

Remember when cardiff thought they’d be good this season after Norwich?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 03 Sep 2022 16:36

Hound Division just starting to settle with some of the expected names near the bottom

Remember when cardiff thought they’d be good this season after Norwich?

Still maybe a bit early, this was when Forest started their revival after all. I'd agree it is largely taking shape though, hopefully we can continue our good start, right now ourselves, Brizzle and Luton being a bit of surprise packages, long may it continue.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 03 Sep 2022 16:55

Enjoying Cardiff and Stoke's struggles though, hopefully we can add to that tomorrow.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 03 Sep 2022 17:09

Might as well just give the title to Norwich now, five straight comfortable wins it’s really hard to see how anybody can touch them even in the early days, and the top six will be made up of Watford Burnley Sheffield United Bristol City and West Brom.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Sep 2022 19:23

Jackson Corner Might as well just give the title to Norwich now, five straight comfortable wins it’s really hard to see how anybody can touch them even in the early days, and the top six will be made up of Watford Burnley Sheffield United Bristol City and West Brom.

I expect they'll comfortably beat the points record too.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Sep 2022 19:45

Jackson Corner Might as well just give the title to Norwich now, five straight comfortable wins it’s really hard to see how anybody can touch them even in the early days, and the top six will be made up of Watford Burnley Sheffield United Bristol City and West Brom.

Why is everyone so fixated on teams that have recently been relegated ?
The expectation is that they’ll have a core of players that have recently been PL players. On that basis alone, they are seriously more likely to be better than those that have either been promoted to or already were in the Championship

Or is it being said that teams should not be allowed to bring any of those PL players with them ?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Sep 2022 19:50

Think that it has more to do with the £ that accompanies them.

The ability to cherry-pick the transfer market, unlike their rivals.

Guess you already have sussed that tho’

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 03 Sep 2022 19:50

Mr Angry
From Despair To Where?
paultheroyal

Genuine LOL!!!!

Olympiakos have just signed the Brazil LB Marcelo on a free from Real Madrid. They’re quite a happy bunch rn.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Sep 2022 21:12

AthleticoSpizz Think that it has more to do with the £ that accompanies them.

The ability to cherry-pick the transfer market, unlike their rivals.

Guess you already have sussed that tho’

Indeed....and what it means is that Norwich get to stink the Premier League, out as they have done every 2 seasons with their turgid brand of football whilst getting p*ssed on week after week. Would be nice to see a different team up there for a change....a Blackburn or indeed a Luton. I'm sure teams like that would at least give it a go.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Sep 2022 21:44

Norwich top, some things never change.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Sep 2022 15:43

how nice it is to see West Brom, Stoke and Cardiff languishing in the bottom half. Hope Swift, Laurent and Rinomohta are happy with their decisions.

Yes it's early days still but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

17303 posts