Rival Watch

17303 posts
South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by South Coast Royal » 05 Feb 2021 10:22

Stranded Draw has to be a preferred result.

If so, then if Brentford fail to win at Boro on Saturday, we can be second and just 3 points off top with wins over Stoke and Brentford.

You're asking a lot. :wink:
If those events all took place I really would become a firm believer whereas at the moment I am still a tentative believer.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Feb 2021 10:23

Pepe the Horseman

If so, then if Brentford fail to win at Boro on Saturday, we can be second and just 3 points off top with wins over Stoke and Brentford.

Some big ifs in there :wink:

Damn straight and of course regardless of the result, we could end up being stuck on 47 points come Weds night, 9 points off the top 2 and 10 off the top. Prefer to use my If's for good though :D

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Feb 2021 10:26

South Coast Royal

If those events all took place I really would become a firm believer whereas at the moment I am still a tentative believer.

Of course but it is hardly far fetched - a draw tonight is the most likely result I think. We are favourites to win tomorrow and whilst Bretford are too, Boro away could be a banana skin (although, their last couple of home results suggests otherwise). So first 3 results would probably be fairly short odds on an accumulator, heading into the Brentford game.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 05 Feb 2021 10:36

Stranded
South Coast Royal

Of course but it is hardly far fetched - a draw tonight is the most likely result I think. We are favourites to win tomorrow and whilst Bretford are too, Boro away could be a banana skin (although, their last couple of home results suggests otherwise). So first 3 results would probably be fairly short odds on an accumulator, heading into the Brentford game.

Don't want to disagree (because ,like you, I would like those results to happen)but as far as the bookies are concerned Stoke are favourites to beat us ( we are 2/1) as are Brentford next week (we are around 5/2) so the double for us to beat both Stoke and Brentford is 9.5/1.

Am not predicting anything but I thought you might like to know how we are perceived by the bookies, i.e. nearly always under-rated.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Feb 2021 10:50

South Coast Royal
Stranded
South Coast Royal

Don't want to disagree (because ,like you, I would like those results to happen)but as far as the bookies are concerned Stoke are favourites to beat us ( we are 2/1) as are Brentford next week (we are around 5/2) so the double for us to beat both Stoke and Brentford is 9.5/1.

Am not predicting anything but I thought you might like to know how we are perceived by the bookies, i.e. nearly always under-rated.

Stoke are favourites to beat us! How? They are on a run of 1 win in 10 and they are 19th in the home form table (we are 10th in away) over 8 games. Could understand the draw being favourite given their record is draw heavy but very surprised they are favourties to win - unless a lot of people have been lumping on them of course.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Feb 2021 10:51

South Coast Royal
Stranded
South Coast Royal

For balance, we were 5/2 to beat Bournemouth. Which, considering form, league position and the fact that we were at home, was ridiculous. The bookies love to underestimate us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Feb 2021 11:02

Stranded
South Coast Royal
Stranded

Stoke are favourites to beat us! How? They are on a run of 1 win in 10 and they are 19th in the home form table (we are 10th in away) over 8 games. Could understand the draw being favourite given their record is draw heavy but very surprised they are favourties to win - unless a lot of people have been lumping on them of course.

missing their best player Campbell as well. Whilst we are near full strength.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Feb 2021 11:10

Hound
Hendo Yeah, draw has got to be the result to hope for tonight. Nice uneventful 0-0.

0-0 is prob the best. 4 games without a goal for Norwich. Swansea struggling to score. Both dropping points.

Couple of sending offs wouldnt go amiss - maybe Buendia can get a 3 matcher

Not much chance of that considering he’s still suspended for tonight!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Feb 2021 11:12

Stranded
South Coast Royal
Stranded

I get what you’re saying but for counter balance, we have only won 2 of our last 9 away games (10 if you include cup) - with our home form looking stronger than our away form (like most teams)

Few draws in there mind, so inclined to agree that’s the most probable outcome

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 05 Feb 2021 11:33

As far as bookies are concerned the odds are often tilted in the favour of the bigger name clubs in the division and we are not one of those.
Stoke still are and bet365 have their main offices there!!

If for example Accrington were at home to Sunderland , despite form and league positions Sunderland would probably still be favourites.

There are occasional bargains to be had with football betting because of the "bigger" clubs bias.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Feb 2021 12:03

URZZZZ
Hound
Hendo Yeah, draw has got to be the result to hope for tonight. Nice uneventful 0-0.

0-0 is prob the best. 4 games without a goal for Norwich. Swansea struggling to score. Both dropping points.

ah is he - thought it was a 1 match for 2 yellows. Or is it some other cumulative one?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Feb 2021 12:04

Hound
URZZZZ
Hound

ah is he - thought it was a 1 match for 2 yellows. Or is it some other cumulative one?

Wasn't that his second red, so it would be treated as a 2 game ban, rather than the normal 1?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Feb 2021 12:17

Hendo
Hound
URZZZZ

Wasn't that his second red, so it would be treated as a 2 game ban, rather than the normal 1?

Correct

I believe he has the most red cards in English football since the start of the 2018/2019 season

As Warnock said - he’s an easy one to get to

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 05 Feb 2021 19:39

Newest member - ‘kingofthebees’. Have we got a Brentford fan just joined to do the big I am...

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Feb 2021 20:39

1 shot so far in the Swansea - Norwich game zzzzzzzzzz

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Feb 2021 20:41

tidus_mi2 1 shot so far in the Swansea - Norwich game zzzzzzzzzz

Happy for it to stay that way.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 05 Feb 2021 20:41

WoodleyRoyal Newest member - ‘kingofthebees’. Have we got a Brentford fan just joined to do the big I am...

Might be a Barnet fan I suppose......

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Feb 2021 20:47

I decided to pay a monthly SkySports subscription on NowTV, considering how much we are on TV lately, I'm probably saving more money than all the day passes I have been buying.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Feb 2021 20:59

What a horror show from Krul and 1-0 to Swansea.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Feb 2021 21:22

oof, pick that out

17303 posts