Rival Watch

17303 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Mar 2024 09:42

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL Nope Charlton win for me, they are climbing the table 100%

Cheltenham 4th in form table, Charlton 14th, but Charlton are definitely climbing the table?

How many points are you awarding them for being a 'big club'?

Cheltenham went on a run of 3 wins and a draw in 4, before getting 1 point from 2 games with Wycombe and Burton. As I said, threaten to climb out and then choke, so a loss tomorrow would be on song.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 04 Mar 2024 10:42

I fancy Charlton to win tomorrow, Cheltenham seem to be starting a poor run again.

A bit off track from L1 stuff but the bottom of the Championship is closer than I can ever remember with 6 points from Watford in 12th to third bottom. Its looking like well north of 50 points to stay up which will make for a stronger L1 next term particularly if Hollywood FC come up from L2 and spend big...

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Mar 2024 10:52

Was looking, Cheltenham had 1 point from their first 11, so that means they have 33 from their next 23. Keep that up and they will survive. It's looking like Burton, Vale, Cambridge or Shrewsbury are most at risk. We've given Shrewsbury are real life raft this season with the 6 points.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Mar 2024 13:12

Well we are almost certain to lose another 2 points later this month with the news coming out today, i would imagine if we don`t pay the wages again it could get worse by next month, we are still very much in danger of the drop, or worse.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Mar 2024 13:35

Garry Monk comes in to manage Cambridge.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Mar 2024 13:43

windermereROYAL Well we are almost certain to lose another 2 points later this month with the news coming out today, i would imagine if we don`t pay the wages again it could get worse by next month, we are still very much in danger of the drop, or worse.

Isn't there a cut off for new charges to affect the season? I think 2 more points is the limit this season, which I think we could handle. Besides, if a deal is close by the end of the month the prospective buyer may provide the funding, or SCL may help us out one last time.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Mar 2024 13:49

WestYorksRoyal
windermereROYAL Well we are almost certain to lose another 2 points later this month with the news coming out today, i would imagine if we don`t pay the wages again it could get worse by next month, we are still very much in danger of the drop, or worse.

Isn't there a cut off for new charges to affect the season? I think 2 more points is the limit this season, which I think we could handle. Besides, if a deal is close by the end of the month the prospective buyer may provide the funding, or SCL may help us out one last time.

Yes you would hope so, we`re not under a suspended sanction for late wages so I would guess that will run into next season if at all.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 04 Mar 2024 16:17

windermereROYAL
WestYorksRoyal

Yes you would hope so, we`re not under a suspended sanction for late wages so I would guess that will run into next season if at all.

Yep that's my view as its technically a "new offence" again so would have to go back to the panel which takes months.
Not sure re a cut off date for new offences aside from it being stated on here in the past but if its true we'd be ok this season given the wages are due last day of the month, so we'd be looking at a max of -2 for the suspended penalty.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Mar 2024 21:14

Charlton currently 1-0 up at Cheltenham.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 05 Mar 2024 21:16

WestYorksRoyal Charlton currently 1-0 up at Cheltenham.

Equaliser just gone in

20 minutes left

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 05 Mar 2024 21:33

morganb
WestYorksRoyal Charlton currently 1-0 up at Cheltenham.

Equaliser just gone in

20 minutes left

Charlton ahead again, 5 minutes remaining

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Mar 2024 21:39

3-1 now. If Cheltenham run out of steam, we may only need 45 points or so. Carlisle are done, Fleetwood have a lot of ground to make up and Vale seem to be in a death spiral on the pitch. Cheltenham are the threat.

Owlish52

by Owlish52 » 05 Mar 2024 22:03

I am concerned but not too worried about what happens on the pitch as I believe the players and the gaffer will get a few points yet. I am more concerned about Stupid Owner Tricks and point deductions Dai may 'earn' Reading FC. The next late payment to HMRC will almost certainly be a 6 point deduction (2 suspended and four for the new violation).

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Mar 2024 05:53

Owlish52 I am concerned but not too worried about what happens on the pitch as I believe the players and the gaffer will get a few points yet. I am more concerned about Stupid Owner Tricks and point deductions Dai may 'earn' Reading FC. The next late payment to HMRC will almost certainly be a 6 point deduction (2 suspended and four for the new violation).

Won`t happen this season.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Mar 2024 08:28

windermereROYAL
Owlish52 I am concerned but not too worried about what happens on the pitch as I believe the players and the gaffer will get a few points yet. I am more concerned about Stupid Owner Tricks and point deductions Dai may 'earn' Reading FC. The next late payment to HMRC will almost certainly be a 6 point deduction (2 suspended and four for the new violation).

Won`t happen this season.

The only mention of deductions not counting after the 3rd Thursday in March, relates to Administration. There does not appear to be any cut off for other rule breaches that may be punishable by point deductions.

If we use admin a a guide though - the wording of the rules are a bit wishy washy but I believe, if we were given a new deduction after the third Thursday of March, it will not be automatically applied. Instead, once the season is finished it will be applied to that seasons tally if it doesn't relegate the club, if the club is relegated, it carries over.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Mar 2024 08:30

There's a lot of straw clutching going on right now.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Mar 2024 10:43

Snowflake Royal There's a lot of straw clutching going on right now.

And will remain so until the idiot finally goes. Can we plan street parties in Reading to be ready for the moment?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Mar 2024 16:17

Another 6 pointer between rivals tomorrow with Port Vale v Shrewsbury. Hoping for a Shrewsbury win. If we stay up I'd rather see Vale survive with us, but we don't have the luxury of hoping for anything other than a loss for them.

Elsewhere, Burton host Peterborough, Cambridge host Northampton, Cheltenham travel to Oxford and Fleetwood travel to Stevenage. Obvious what results suit us in those. Also Charlton v Carlisle, but I'd say they're both out of the conversation for different reasons.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 08 Mar 2024 16:56

For any 6 pointer not featuring us, the best result is normally a draw. Fewer points, spread evenly.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Mar 2024 17:18

stealthpapes For any 6 pointer not featuring us, the best result is normally a draw. Fewer points, spread evenly.

Very much that. Both teams dropping points whilst we hopefully pick up 3.

17303 posts