Rival Watch

17303 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Zip » 16 Dec 2021 19:43

Snowball
NathStPaul Remember when this wasn't about cases or infections? How many footballers are in hospital seriously ill with Omicron currently? Get on with it ffs, there will always be another variant. You just have to accept that this is life now and work with it, you can't go into hiding every 6 months.

Ask someone who has had Covid, got over it and now has LONG Covid.

Even very mild, even asymptomatic Covid can produce Long Covid

I had Covid Mar 4-18 2021.

I used to walk ten miles every other day, run 3/4/5 on the day in between.

I STILL cannot run and my daily steps are between a quarter and a third of what they were at the start of 2021.

Long Covid is a horrible, serious, long, long-term illness. `many sufferers are finding they have what looks like being permanent disability

What are the docs saying? Have they given you any medication to take and or any assurances things will improve?

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 16 Dec 2021 19:52

I count myself as lucky, got covid in Nov and was like a winter virus so felt bad for about 5 days. Had been double vaxed and in late 50's so I guess that helped

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Dec 2021 21:54

NathStPaul Remember when this wasn't about cases or infections? How many footballers are in hospital seriously ill with Omicron currently? Get on with it ffs, there will always be another variant. You just have to accept that this is life now and work with it, you can't go into hiding every 6 months.

You heading towards another Covid meltdown and ban?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Dec 2021 22:43

Snowflake Royal

You heading towards another Covid meltdown and ban?

No not at all, everyone is entitled to their own view on the matter.

Funny how it is always people like you who had no life prior to COVID who are the ones in favour of permanent restrictions though eh? Enjoy your Christmas, Ian. I hear Birdseye do a cracking roast dinner for one meal. 4 minutes in the microwave, enjoy.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 16 Dec 2021 23:09

Hound
Stranded Cardiff v Derby becomes the 4th Championship game to be called off due to Covid this weekend.

Sheff Weds game in L1 also gone.

the way the bloody thing is spreading, not sure there will be a lot of football over xmas...

Low vaccination rate in the EFL. About time clubs were forced to field teams. Going to end up on a farce otherwise.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Dec 2021 23:34

Lower West
Hound
Stranded Cardiff v Derby becomes the 4th Championship game to be called off due to Covid this weekend.

the way the bloody thing is spreading, not sure there will be a lot of football over xmas...

Low vaccination rate in the EFL. About time clubs were forced to field teams. Going to end up on a farce otherwise.

Is low vacc rare in EFL a fact ?
Source?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 17 Dec 2021 08:17

bcubed
Lower West
Hound

Source?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59686996

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Dec 2021 10:36

Lower West
Hound

And you’d probably find that the players isolating are asymptomatic and could play the games with no problem if they were allowed.

Bet we can look forward to the government bringing back lockdowns as soon as they breakup for Xmas.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Dec 2021 11:16

Franchise FC
bcubed
Lower West

Source?

yeah was a little shocked at how low the rates were

obviously understand most players would shrug off the illness pretty quickly but thought with the 10 day isolation thing it would encourage more to get it

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Dec 2021 11:20

Franchise FC
bcubed
Lower West

Source?

You can understand the players not wanting to risk be vaxxed. They are young and fit and don't need the covid vaccinations and are probably aware of all the players collapsing the pitch with heart issues recently - not that that has anything to do with the vaccinations of course - just coincidence!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... dence.html

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 17 Dec 2021 11:26

you an anti-vaxxer, Andrew?

just a hunch, y'know, it's a Venn diagram thing

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 17 Dec 2021 11:30

Franchise FC
bcubed
Lower West

Source?

Cheers

Not sure why players can’t be forced to have them as a condition of employment then

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 17 Dec 2021 11:30

andrew1957
Franchise FC
bcubed Is low vacc rare in EFL a fact ?
Source?

You can understand the players not wanting to risk be vaxxed. They are young and fit and don't need the covid vaccinations and are probably aware of all the players collapsing the pitch with heart issues recently - not that that has anything to do with the vaccinations of course - just coincidence!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... dence.html

I don’t think I’m the only Nobber with heart issues.
My first vaccine, second and booster have had absolutely no effect on my heart at all

So you can !!! all you like, but the vaccines are not the issue

Edit: sorry, just noticed you quoted the Daily Mail :lol: :lol: :lol:

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 17 Dec 2021 11:33

Lower West
Hound

Yet it's the vaccinated that are making up the majority of OmiBS cases...

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Dec 2021 11:33

LUX you an anti-vaxxer, Andrew?

Older son very keen on getting the booster....having his tomorrow.
Younger son not remotely bothered although in his defence he had booked in the booster for Sunday but wasn’t happy that we had strongly suggested he get it ASAP. He now has covid.

I think you have to factor in age in all of this. Younger people are not going to be keen to be told what to do by the establishment. We were young once.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 17 Dec 2021 11:45

Zip

Younger son not remotely bothered although in his defence he had booked in the booster for Sunday but wasn’t happy that we had strongly suggested he get it ASAP. He now has covid.

I think you have to factor in age in all of this. Younger people are not going to be keen to be told what to do by the establishment. We were young once.

not sure why you replied to this, I was addressing Andrew. Who is 64.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Dec 2021 11:54

LUX
Zip

I know you were but adding my tuppence worth. I don’t think the attitudes are necessarily anti vex here as far as some younger people including professional footballers are concerned. No idea about Andrew being anti vax or not.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Dec 2021 12:08

I can understand if not agree why they wouldn't. Their body is their career and if they think/have been convinced the vax could in some way impact that, they may well take the risk of getting covid which is very very small for them. they might prefer to just get it and hopefully get the immunity that way.

Anyway, i'm sure somewhere on the internet there is an incredibly long and dull thread about all of this

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 17 Dec 2021 12:41

LUX
Zip

Just to put my 2 pennys worth in I am definitely not an anti-vaxxer best hoover I ever bought I love my Vax. Now Henry I am not a fan you cant trust a hoover that is always that happy.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Dec 2021 12:46

For the record I am 64 and I am not an anti-vaxxer, but the fact is that every vaccine we ever take has a danger of side effects. The US VAERS (vaccine adverse reaction data) indicates that adverse reactions are far more common for covid vaccines than for previous vaccines such as flu and so all individuals have to weigh up whether the risk of the vaccine is worthwhile to combat the risk of the disease. For example for those over say 70 with health issues the risk of covid is most likely greater than the risk of the vaccine. But for healthy under 70s you could argue that the risk of the what are largely untested vaccines, could in some circumstances, be potentially higher than the risk of covid. You just have to weigh up the risks to you personally and make the choice. I expect that many young footballers have simply decided the risk of the vaccine is not worthwhile to combat the low risk the virus will adversely affect them.

As for me I was told nearly 5 years ago that I had 6 months to live with terminal cancer. I refused all treatment and discharged myself from NHS care and instead massively improved my diet and took natural vitamins/products and the cancer was provably gone within 6 months (the NHS confirmed I was entirely cancer free in April 2018). I have continued a good diet and natural products and my health is remarkably good. I have my immune system tested regularly and since the cancer scare it has been working at 100% and I have had no illness at all since 2017. I take no pharma products of any sort (apart from a very rare painkiller if I get a headache) as being high risk for cancer I need to keep my body clean to remain cancer free and so I cannot risk taking any vaccines as all vaccines contain carcinogens in them (just check the labels). As I am in essential work I have worked and travelled and mixed with others throughout covid, taking vitamin C and D most days. Many around me have had covid and so I am pretty sure I must have been exposed to it a number of times, but I have not caught it. I trust my immune system over any vaccine.

17303 posts