MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by Slumber, Inc

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by Slumber, Inc

by leon » 31 Mar 2017 00:32

Enjay Heading along to this as a neutral (I dislike both teams equally :wink: ). I can assume that two teams in the playoffs will produce an entertaining game right?

Hoping for a 3-3 draw with 4 red cards. My two previous visits to the Madejski this season have seen a 2-1 win and a 0-0 so not seen you lose yet!

Oh just fcuk off will you

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 31 Mar 2017 08:19

Really hope we can overcome there anti-football tomorrow. Massive game.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Mar 2017 09:12

leon
Enjay Heading along to this as a neutral (I dislike both teams equally :wink: ). I can assume that two teams in the playoffs will produce an entertaining game right?

Hoping for a 3-3 draw with 4 red cards. My two previous visits to the Madejski this season have seen a 2-1 win and a 0-0 so not seen you lose yet!

Oh just fcuk off will you

The correct response to a Swindon fan! :lol:

Enjay

by Enjay » 31 Mar 2017 09:33

Eesh someone's had a shandy.

To be fair I've always been pretty open about who I support when I come to the Madjeski and normally greeted with a surprising amount of warmth. Maybe they feel sorry for me? Who knows.

Good luck Saturday!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Mar 2017 09:36

Enjay Eesh someone's had a shandy.

To be fair I've always been pretty open about who I support when I come to the Madjeski and normally greeted with a surprising amount of warmth. Maybe they feel sorry for me? Who knows.

Good luck Saturday!

In all honesty I have no animosity toward Swindon or Oxford, I just join in with faux hatred because it is part of the club identity. Sign of the times really but we haven't played you guys or Oxford in a competitive match since I've supported Reading, that's 15 years. I would imagine the level of hatred towards Oxford and Swindon is found more amongst the older fans at the club right now.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Mar 2017 13:45

tidus_mi2

Good luck Saturday!

In all honesty I have no animosity toward Swindon or Oxford, I just join in with faux hatred because it is part of the club identity. Sign of the times really but we haven't played you guys or Oxford in a competitive match since I've supported Reading, that's 15 years. I would imagine the level of hatred towards Oxford and Swindon is found more amongst the older fans at the club right now.

Yep our rivalry is now, for some reason, with the other tinpots masquerading as a league football club by the sea in Sussex.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 31 Mar 2017 14:03

tidus_mi2

Good luck Saturday!

I'm pretty sure we have played both competitively in the last 15 years?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Mar 2017 14:08

LWJ
tidus_mi2

Good luck Saturday!

Last competitive games

v Oxford Unted

League Cup, Wednesday 24 August 2004, W 2-0 (a)

v Swindon Town

Football League, Tier 3, Thursday 14 February 2002, D 0-0 (a)

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Mar 2017 14:52

Sutekh
LWJ
tidus_mi2 In all honesty I have no animosity toward Swindon or Oxford, I just join in with faux hatred because it is part of the club identity. Sign of the times really but we haven't played you guys or Oxford in a competitive match since I've supported Reading, that's 15 years. I would imagine the level of hatred towards Oxford and Swindon is found more amongst the older fans at the club right now.

Last competitive games

v Oxford Unted

v Swindon Town

I wasn't too far out! My first Reading match was the 0-0 vs Brighton in March of 2002, I must have completely forgotten about the cup match against Oxford though.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 31 Mar 2017 15:12

Mike Hunt
mot 2-0 Leeds :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reading to keep possession in their own box for 80mins......

Not at home, lad.

Reading 4-0 Leeds :shock:

Grabban x3
Moore

If we start off well we could find ourselves Grabban Moore

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 31 Mar 2017 15:36

tidus_mi2
Sutekh
LWJ I'm pretty sure we have played both competitively in the last 15 years?

Last competitive games

v Oxford Unted

v Swindon Town

I wasn't too far out! My first Reading match was the 0-0 vs Brighton in March of 2002, I must have completely forgotten about the cup match against Oxford though.

tbf I forgot I had been supporting the club for 18 years. :shock: Didn't realise it was quite 15 years ago we played Swindon on that rainy night.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Mar 2017 16:31

WAZZOCK That match earlier in the season was such a non event, but bloody hell have the Leeds fans blown that one out of proportion.

We were devoid of an outlet up front with Dom playing up top by himself for an hour with Yann coming back from injury, but the build up was quite promising until we were treated with 10 Leeds players on the edge of their own box.

What's more, their first goal came from a lucky deflection and their second was a penalty that shouldn't have been. The way their fans have tried to laud it over us since is embarrassing, and I hope we annihilate them at the weekend.

If we pick up a win on Saturday, we would have won 4 out of 6 games against the current playoff teams - that makes me feel happy.

It's like they're desperate to manufacture some rivalry with us.

It's all just a bit, well, pathetic and small time.

mot

by mot » 31 Mar 2017 22:35

Ian Royal
WAZZOCK That match earlier in the season was such a non event, but bloody hell have the Leeds fans blown that one out of proportion.

We were devoid of an outlet up front with Dom playing up top by himself for an hour with Yann coming back from injury, but the build up was quite promising until we were treated with 10 Leeds players on the edge of their own box.

What's more, their first goal came from a lucky deflection and their second was a penalty that shouldn't have been. The way their fans have tried to laud it over us since is embarrassing, and I hope we annihilate them at the weekend.

If we pick up a win on Saturday, we would have won 4 out of 6 games against the current playoff teams - that makes me feel happy.

Really.... :roll:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Mar 2017 22:59

mot
Ian Royal

Really.... :roll:

Took the time and made the effort to sign up to a Reading forum.

#obsessed

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Apr 2017 11:33

mot Really.... :roll:

Reading fans have been trying to wind you guys up on Twitter all week, and you all keep on biting. :lol:

Never seen a group of fans get so rattled about little old Reading. Constantly looking to reaffirm your status as a "big club" even though Reading have had far more success than Leeds in the last 10 years.

The most insecure club in the Championship.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Apr 2017 12:10

LWJ
tidus_mi2
Sutekh
Last competitive games

v Oxford Unted

v Swindon Town

tbf I forgot I had been supporting the club for 18 years. :shock: Didn't realise it was quite 15 years ago we played Swindon on that rainy night.

Newbie. :wink:

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 01 Apr 2017 13:54

The plastics have finally awoken. The club have announced a sell-out today.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 01 Apr 2017 14:26

Royal Ginger The plastics have finally awoken. The club have announced a sell-out today.

Isn't that all the local Leeds fans, who will be sitting on their hands all game?

(Same as the reading fans, tbf)

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Apr 2017 14:39

genome
mot Really.... :roll:

Reading fans have been trying to wind you guys up on Twitter all week, and you all keep on biting. :lol:

Never seen a group of fans get so rattled about little old Reading. Constantly looking to reaffirm your status as a "big club" even though Reading have had far more success than Leeds in the last 10 years.

The most insecure club in the Championship.

In fairness I reckon we're in the top three for that, probably above Leeds. Every second home loss gets pronounced the worst performance in our history and a sure sign that we'll be relegated next season. We boo if it's 0-0 at half time, our players get escapedgoated if people don't like their "body language", our managers are either useless or about to be pinched by Barcelona, and our fans have a weird obsession with what fans of other clubs think about us.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Apr 2017 16:31

Reading XI: Habsi, Gunter, Moore, Blackett, Obita, Kelly, Swift, Williams, Kermorgant, Beerens, McCleary

Subs: Legg, Watson, Grabban, Mutch, Meite, Popa, Oxford

So looks like Berg is now injured as cant imagine him being dropped. Getting s bit ****** off about what on earth Reading do in training to keep losing players like this.