DFTT.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Ex Players

by Sutekh » 25 Jul 2023 19:10

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
muirinho
6.1 billion people have been vaccinated against Covid, I think we'd notice if there was a serious problem.

Source: https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Isn't the point though that the people arguing aginst the covid jabs say that that is exactly what we do have in the world with younger people dying suddenly and massive increases in excess deaths (esp. in countries that had a high level of a successful vaccinantion programme) esp. from "turbo" cancers and heart and respitatory conditions? Anyway this for discussion on AE somewhere not on this thread.

Mostly what they're saying is "bibble bibble the deep state, wibble, big pharma, grumble MSM, some RW nutjob told me it was controlling brains."

Yes a lot does sound like that but just imagine if some part of it actually turns out to be pretty much accurate, this is why you yourself should double check on every "fact" that is put your way no matter who is giving that fact to you.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jul 2023 19:12

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
Isn't the point though that the people arguing aginst the covid jabs say that that is exactly what we do have in the world with younger people dying suddenly and massive increases in excess deaths (esp. in countries that had a high level of a successful vaccinantion programme) esp. from "turbo" cancers and heart and respitatory conditions? Anyway this for discussion on AE somewhere not on this thread.

Mostly what they're saying is "bibble bibble the deep state, wibble, big pharma, grumble MSM, some RW nutjob told me it was controlling brains."

Yes a lot does sound like that but just imagine if some part of it actually turns out to be pretty much accurate, this is why you yourself should double check on every "fact" that is put your way no matter who is giving that fact to you.

Nah, I'll wait for some credible evidence from a credible source thanks.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 26 Jul 2023 11:44

Man United upset with Parky after Paul Mullin was injured playing for Wrexham in a friendly against Man United under 21s.

"There’s unhappiness at #MUFC with Phil Parkinson’s comments about Bishop. Feel they’re the sort that unnecessarily inflame a difficult situation and drive online abuse towards the player. Point out Bishop has apologised and reached out and there was no malice/it was accidental"

They were happy when Ten Hag drove online abuse towards Carroll last season.
Last edited by Orion1871 on 26 Jul 2023 12:00, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jul 2023 11:45

Always one rule for the big boys and another for everyone else.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 28 Jul 2023 12:39

Lucas João has joined Shanghai Port on a free transfer

https://twitter.com/TalkReading/status/ ... 7904364544

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Jul 2023 13:06

morganb Lucas João has joined Shanghai Port on a free transfer

Either been offered more money there than he can earn elsewhere or simply not had a single bit of interest from clubs in more established leagues. Destination of players who have left us, shows they really aren't as good as some of us (me included) probably thought some of them were.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2023 13:30

Stranded
morganb Lucas João has joined Shanghai Port on a free transfer

Either been offered more money there than he can earn elsewhere or simply not had a single bit of interest from clubs in more established leagues. Destination of players who have left us, shows they really aren't as good as some of us (me included) probably thought some of them were.

Towards the end Joao was looking a bit heavy. We know he's had injury issues and a fairly poor last season in a dogshite side where he wasn't even first choice.

Under those circumstances, at 29, most good Championship clubs are going to be wary of a big salary and long contract.

Shame. When he was in form and getting service he was up there with the best strikers we've ever had.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jul 2023 13:40

I’ll remember him positively. Was superb at times, struggled in a poor team along with everyone else. Never bought into the lazy tag, just not suited to that pressing style

Does this mean we don’t have to pay his July salary :) 15k towards the tax bill

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Jul 2023 14:05

Hound I’ll remember him positively. Was superb at times, struggled in a poor team along with everyone else. Never bought into the lazy tag, just not suited to that pressing style

Under the rules, yes we are free of having to pay him - although apparently wages have already been paid so go figure.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 28 Jul 2023 16:13

Stranded
Hound I’ll remember him positively. Was superb at times, struggled in a poor team along with everyone else. Never bought into the lazy tag, just not suited to that pressing style

Under the rules, yes we are free of having to pay him - although apparently wages have already been paid so go figure.

How are wages paid? e.g., are they paid on say 21st of July for whole of July? Given we are supposed to pay for up to a month after end of contract, and it's now 28th July, I don't think we're going to escape much if any at all.

We are liable for most, if not all, of the July salary, depending on when his new contract starts, and how much they are paying him (e.g., if his new contract started half way through July but his new salary is 90% below his current one, then we'd have to pay 100% for the first half of July and 90% (to make up the difference) for the second half of July

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Jul 2023 16:19

muirinho
Stranded

How are wages paid? e.g., are they paid on say 21st of July for whole of July? Given we are supposed to pay for up to a month after end of contract, and it's now 28th July, I don't think we're going to escape much if any at all.

We are liable for most, if not all, of the July salary, depending on when his new contract starts, and how much they are paying him (e.g., if his new contract started half way through July but his new salary is 90% below his current one, then we'd have to pay 100% for the first half of July and 90% (to make up the difference) for the second half of July

July isn't salary, its a solidarity payment - I don't know if it is equal to a months salary but it is distinctly different and the rules state the player is only eligible for it if he does not have another club by 31st July.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Jul 2023 16:28

Stranded
muirinho
Stranded

July isn't salary, its a solidarity payment - I don't know if it is equal to a months salary but it is distinctly different and the rules state the player is only eligible for it if he does not have another club by 31st July.

One wonders what argument was used to get that perk out of clubs, honestly these are people who mainly get 4+ figure salaries every week and who have x years notice when their contract ends and yet can still get a bit of cake on top of it!

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 28 Jul 2023 17:34

Stranded
muirinho
Stranded

Bit below is a standard clause from a PL player contract - as you can see, it's not "if they sign for another club before 31st of July they get nothing from this club". It may well be this clause in this specific contract goes beyond what is required, but I suspect it's common. Otherwise no player would sign a contract at a lower paying club between early July and the start of August, as they would lose out

If by the expiry of this contract the Club has not made to the Player an offer of re-engagement on terms at least as favourable to the Player as those applicable over the last twelve months of this contract (or the length of this contract if shorter) then subject to clauses 19.1 and 19.3 the Player shall continue to receive from his Club (as a separate payment representing compensation as more particularly referred to in the Code of Practice) a payment equal to his weekly basic wage (at the average amount of his weekly wage over the preceding 12 months of this contract or the whole of this contract if shorter) for a period of one month from the expiry of this contract or until the Player signs for another club whichever period is the shorter provided that where the Player signs for another club within that period of one month at a lower basic wage than such average then such payment shall in addition include a sum equal to the shortfall in such basic wage for the remainder of such period;

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Jul 2023 20:06

Jordan Holsgrove joins Olympiacos.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Jul 2023 23:32

Pepe the Horseman Jordan Holsgrove joins Olympiacos.
good for him….and thank fukk you’ve got this thread back on track from the ‘interlude’.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Jul 2023 23:53

AthleticoSpizz
good for him….and thank fukk you’ve got this thread back on track from the ‘interlude’.

Np x

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Jul 2023 06:46

AthleticoSpizz

Sorry, reading "the interlude" for some reason just reminded me of

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Aug 2023 18:37

Not the ideal start for our ex reps at Hibs (Alf, Obita and B Mac), lost at home to the mighty St Mirren and have lost to some Andorran park team (who I guess, they finally beat on aggregate later).

Thread, back on track 8)

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 06 Aug 2023 18:41

Yaks was a sub for Cardiff at Leeds, came on with 20 mins to go and was booked pretty much straightaway.

3171 posts